Grey by E L James

For those into FSOG , the book Grey by E L James gets released tomorrow 18th June

My wife has taken a day off to join the queues ( if there are any) to get this book .

Sounds potty to me but hey ho .

That's dedication! I can't wait to have a read of it and see if it is better than the original book.

In my opinion it is almost a second chance to amp it all up more, and all from the mind of Christian, it could be very interesting!

x

Im still only reading fifty shades darker.

Lovehoney - Cazz wrote:

That's dedication! I can't wait to have a read of it and see if it is better than the original book.

In my opinion it is almost a second chance to amp it all up more, and all from the mind of Christian, it could be very interesting!

x

+1 After so much press, both good and bad for the original books, I'm looking forward to reading this too. I think it will definitely be very interesting xx

Won't be queuing but will be giving it a read when I get the chance. Can't help but feel it's been written as a desperate attempt to get people to stop calling Christian Grey abusive by presenting him as more of a victim, rather than because it will be a good read in it's own right so not sure about it at all tbh. Could be good as people can't just throw their own ( often mis)interpretations on his character anymore.

Also reminds me of when that bit of Twilight from Edward's point of view got leaked and people went mad about it thinking it was going to be another book...when it turns out she just written it as a character development exercise and she let the movie makers read it to help them out. Wonder if it was the same sort of thing here only E.L James decided she should go ahead and make some more money out of it.

Will be an interesting read anyway!

Definitely won't be queuing up for it, but I have ordered it from Amazon along with the FSOG DVD. Not seen it yet, and not expecting much, but I am interested to see it. Same with the book, will hopefully make an interesting read from Christian's perspective.

Won't bother not interested the thought of reading badly written drivel does nothing for me I've better things to do.

Char99 wrote:

Definitely won't be queuing up for it, but I have ordered it from Amazon along with the FSOG DVD. Not seen it yet, and not expecting much, but I am interested to see it. Same with the book, will hopefully make an interesting read from Christian's perspective.

The DVD will be worth seeing , the film,however does not follow true to the book , so I was told by my OH. It does make out Christian Grey to be a bit of a bad guy .The sex scenes I think are a notch up from say the Secretary or Nine and a half weeks. The DVD version is an unseen version of the film so this will be quite interesting .

I am guessing that why the book Grey has been written possibly to counter that portrayal in the movie . No doubt I will find this out in a few days time !

I was told to watch the film before reading any, im yet to do either x

How much is the book going to be on here?

Lovehoney - Cazz wrote:

x

This :)

Have I been living under a rock? I had no idea a new book was happening..

I have pre ordered it on my kindle - not excited enough to go and queue but want to read it out of curiosity really

Im so excited for this book! I didnt think that the movies were much cop at all :) I was considering getting this for when i go away in a few weeks but then sitting on a plane with most likley a nosy neighbour would not be fun! However when i get back i am asking santa for this :)

Omg I so cannot wait for this to be released!! Some new play time material 😉 haha (poor hubby )

Im looking forward to giving it a read! I don't remember really reading the books (I did it a long time ago) but I do love Mr Grey <3

I can't wait! I loved FSOG and would love to read it from Christians point of view.
I'm an odd reader, I say that because I find it hard to get into alot of books, except anything written by James Patterson. The Fsog series was the first thing in years I couldn't put down that wasn't written by James Patterson xx

I had the "pleasure" of reading 50 shades of Grey and I can say that I am not going to read this book, yet alone stand in queue to get it on the first day.

But I know some women love it, so if they do, they can go for it! :-)

lj101 wrote:

Have I been living under a rock? I had no idea a new book was happening..

I was thinking the same thing!

I figured no one on here would actually like them at all because of how wrong it is about bondage, etc. But seems like I was wrong lol