Guilty to return stuff

CutieCurious wrote:

Out of curiousity, how many toys have people had to return due to them being faulty?

I'm currently packing up a faulty toy to return, and thinking back, it's the third toy I've returned for this reason (It's the fourth toy I've actually reported as faulty, but as I said earlier, it turns out the plug wasn't faulty - my storage system was). I was just wondering if I was unlucky getting three, or if that's a normal amount?

I think last year I returned (or at least reported as they didn't always want it back) 4 faulty toys? Off the top of my head...but that's probably a pretty low percentage of what I actually recieved from Lovehoney over the year. All of mine were faulty electrics wise. With one the batteries actually started melting inside it, that was a painful discovery!

It probably depends how much you buy and what type of toys you buy. Like if you had 3 faulty top of the range known brand luxury vibes, that would be unlucky. If you had 3 faulty beginner/budget/less known brand toys, well...that's potentially just the manufacturing :/

I've had 4 faulty, 3 were waterproof vibes that despite being very careful to fasten as tight as possible, got water in and broke after the first use. One was a rabbit with a crack in the screw on base, which is where the water got in, one was plastic on plastic screw cap that i think just wasn't water tight, and the third was a £40 silicone clitoral vibe that had only a partial battery cover, then a cap that went on over it. Not sure how water got in that one as the cap was so tight but it got in some how, maybe from around the button, another very similar vibe by the same company works perfectly and is waterproof, so may be as simple as a faulty unit.

The 4th was a fsog charlie tango, it just didn't work when i got it. I didn't buy it, it was a freebie when you bought a squeel go, and i didn't send it back originally for being borken as i would never have used it anyway as i already had a 7 inch super smoothie that was pretty much the same but a preferable material. I sent it back when i returned the squeel which i simply didn't like, as you need to return all free gifts or promotion items with it.

I've only had 5 vibes i've bought, of those 2 were faulty, of 2 vibes that were testers, 1 was faulty, and one of 2 freebie vibes that came as a promotion item was also faulty.

Lovebirds_x wrote:

It probably depends how much you buy and what type of toys you buy. Like if you had 3 faulty top of the range known brand luxury vibes, that would be unlucky. If you had 3 faulty beginner/budget/less known brand toys, well...that's potentially just the manufacturing :/

Over the last few years (counting my pre-Lovehoney times as well), I have had five Lelo toys - two of them turned out to be faulty. I am obviously one of those unlucky individuals out there.

Lovebirds_x wrote:

CutieCurious wrote:

Out of curiousity, how many toys have people had to return due to them being faulty?

I'm currently packing up a faulty toy to return, and thinking back, it's the third toy I've returned for this reason (It's the fourth toy I've actually reported as faulty, but as I said earlier, it turns out the plug wasn't faulty - my storage system was). I was just wondering if I was unlucky getting three, or if that's a normal amount?

I think last year I returned (or at least reported as they didn't always want it back) 4 faulty toys? Off the top of my head...but that's probably a pretty low percentage of what I actually recieved from Lovehoney over the year. All of mine were faulty electrics wise. With one the batteries actually started melting inside it, that was a painful discovery!

That's a good point - now that you've said that and I've had a think about it, none of them were top of the range lines. Two of them were from the Annabel Knight range, which I do love, but it isn't a budget-buster. The battery case in one AK vibrator twisted around so that the batteries became stuck inside and it would no longer work. The AK g-spot vibe, which is the item I packaged up tonight, has a faulty on/off button. And the third item was a £6 vibrating butt plug, that just didn't work at all. In all three cases I asked for replacements, and although I obviously haven't receive the AK g-spot replacement yet, I have every faith it will work, because the replacements worked perfectly in the previous two cases.

You're also right that it probably depends on how much you buy. I have had three faulty items, but I'm a sex toy shopaholic and the perfectly functioning items I've bought far outweighs that number.

I guess percentage wise of actual vibrating toys I've had more faults than the norm, but then i do only buy waterproof, so they're probably more likely to break/go seriously wrong if something goes wrong, and there is a small possibility it was user error, though i really have been very careful and conscuious of getting them tight as possible to keep water out.

VirginAngel wrote:

I guess percentage wise of actual vibrating toys I've had more faults than the norm, but then i do only buy waterproof, so they're probably more likely to break/go seriously wrong if something goes wrong, and there is a small possibility it was user error, though i really have been very careful and conscuious of getting them tight as possible to keep water out.

You may want to be wary of overtightening. It damages the thread for the screw ins, and that's when you'll get water damage :/

I've returned my fair share of products, but if the returns policy wasn't there I wouldn't be such a regular customer. So I don't feel guilty about it, as, in the end, it means I'm buying more from Lovehoney so they make more money.

I've only had one faulty Lovehoney product, but I bought it from Lovehoney's amazon store. It was http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28085 and I loved it, but it stopped holding its charge, and one day it melted while charging! Amazon refunded the money without me having to return it. It worked out okay though because only the body melted and the head fits on http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26627 which I also have.

I have had a faulty vibrator from another shop. They sent me a replacement which was also faulty, but a bit less so. It was a really cheap vibrator. I ended up sending them both off to rabbit amnesty and getting 200 oh points...

So, not that many faulty items for the amount I buy :)

LibraLover wrote:

if the returns policy wasn't there I wouldn't be such a regular customer.

That's what I think too. I just checked my order history and in the last year I've spent £723.17 (Jesus Holy Christ, that explains where my paycheck goes!)

There's just no way I would have spent that much if I thought I'd have to keep stuff I don't like. So in a way, their returns policy has probably made more money for the company than it's lost.

Yep, the returns policy must make a huge amount of repeat custom. Also makes you braver in your purchases don't you think?

I have just handed over 5 vibrators for the Rabbit Amnesty. And I also took back two toys, that were no good for me.

I personally find no shame in returning them, its not like I use them, once or even twice with the intention of sending them back. I purchased the toys `believing they woudl work for me` is it LH fault they did not. NOPE not at all.

your purchasing a toy for sexual pleasure and enjoyment, be it for your self or your gf/bf OH. The toy does not work, for any reason. So it sits there...in a drawer..abandoned and alone, with any luck it will have other less than satisfactory toys to talk to. Rest assured your toy will be fine if it has mates.

Its not like you can give it to some one else. LH have stated quite clearly they are ok with returned items even if they have been used :) They would not be doing this, if they were going to loose profit

Lo and behold, I just got my first faulty product yesterday! The batteries leaked all over the inside of my new Lovehoney wireless remote control egg. Lovely Lovehoney will be sending a replacement and hopefully this one will work better. Otherwise, I have my eye on a rechargeable clitoral vibrator that I'd like to exchange it for. /slyly.

They shoud not leave the batteries in the toys

Actually the leakage happened during my very first use of the toy. The included batteries were new, wrapped and separately packed. I only used the toy for less than an hour, so either the batteries or the toy itself was faulty.

DreamOfTheEndless wrote:

CutieCurious wrote:

To be fair, they end up getting the money back, because I just buy more toys. :P

That's a very good way of looking at it. :)

I think I'll compromise: send back the couple of wee things I have for recycling and think about whether the postage hassle will be worth it for the wand.

Have you considered wand attachments? I just tested this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30700 and it was pretty good at focusing the vibrations...

Thankfully I haven't had to return anything yet, I like to read the reviews about the product to ensure it is what I want and it does a satisfying job I've also type'd it in google to see what other people have to say about it too.. I can't argue with the policy what LH offer, it is there yo be used so you shouldn't feel guilty about returning it.

I'm glad to see this thread so I know I'm not the only one that wrestles with feeling bad about it.

I just reviewed a toy I got a week or so ago and realised in the process that if the next time I give it a go (once the soreness subsides enough to try again) that I might have to admit defeat and send it back, especially if it proves as hard to clean again.

It'll be the first item I haven't been 100% satisfied with, which doesn't help!

Bumping a thread, just after a bit of clarification from someone!

Can you exchange items for lovehoney vouchers? Live chat have just informed me that i cannot return an item and exchange it for another of higher value leaving me the excess to pay.

I have 2-3 items to return so i was going to use the "refunded" money to go towards whats in my basket. I can only exchange each item for something of the same value or lower.

i could opt for a paypal refund, but then i lose on the free items placed within the order. Eg i cant return a free lube thats been used so the value of that is taken off the refund price.

eta im not looking to take advantage of the returns policy, but i dont really want 2-3 cheaper items to replace the ones im returning! 

I'm not sure about the vouchers.

But I did send back a pair of knickers and exchanged them for a higher priced pair, I had to ring up to pay the difference.

Sorry I can't help much but I wanted to bump in case someone else can help.

It sounds like maybe the problem is because of the free gifts?

Guilty if its tried.. I tend to keep stuff..for no reason. Brought a jiggle butt plug... too big cant use it but no packaging so feel bad to return it ; (
Same with oh leather popper cock strap... catches and he wont wear it again
Maybe I should

Only 15 quid so not a big deal... but then thats my chastity string I want so maybe I will... hmmm... dont think ive got the invoice slip does that matter??

Thanks, originally i contacted live chat because i wanted to swap my £29.99 toy for three for £25 deal and was told i could and i would receive £4.99 via paypal and could keep my free gift as i was exchanging for something over £20.

But the items i was after soon werent in the deal so i kept hold of the toy. Live chat had told me that if i wanted i could get a refund but it would be less to cover the value of the free gift. Im sure he told me i could buy a more expensive item and pay the difference but im not 100% certain on that.

I didnt know if there was a "store credit" type thing with vouchers so love honey know you can only spend it here so its not like i use a toy then return it and spend the cash elsewhere.