GUM clinic - before you you

Test*

Well to be honest I've never been or had any problems there. I don't see a need.

I think as women generally have more issues down there than us blokes it's easier to get checked at some point.

I probably would do eventually then, i never even realised i would have to!

also while on the topic how old are you when you go for your first smear test?

VW x

Vampyrewillow wrote:

I probably would do eventually then, i never even realised i would have to!

also while on the topic how old are you when you go for your first smear test?

VW x

25 apparently unless your risks are higher:

http://www.cancerscreening.nhs.uk/cervical/faq08.html

You can have them upon request too. I had mine this year. It's not a barrel full of laughs but it put my mind at ease.

I'm 19 so think i might be a bit young yet, =/ my mum had cervical cancer though (it was detected very early and she is fine) so it makes me abit uneasy =/

VW x

Vampyrewillow wrote:

I'm 19 so think i might be a bit young yet, =/ my mum had cervical cancer though (it was detected very early and she is fine) so it makes me abit uneasy =/

VW x

It's worth talking to a GP, you might be of a higher risk.

Vampyrewillow wrote:

VW x

YOu should speak to your GP - though to set your mind at risk, 90% of cervical cancers are not familial.

or at ease even...

I will do when i next go i'll mention it just in case

i asked my doc about getting the vaccination and he said i couldn't because i had already had sex, i was like, but isn't it worth it just incase but alas he said no

VW x

Vampyrewillow wrote:

I will do when i next go i'll mention it just in case

i asked my doc about getting the vaccination and he said i couldn't because i had already had sex, i was like, but isn't it worth it just incase but alas he said no

VW x

You may still be able to pay to vaccinate privately. I'm not sure on that though... I think a stupidly high percentage of people have the virus so it's not worth it once you have it, it usually isn't a problem though.External Media