Gym time!!! :S

Sooooo....

Yesterday i decided to take a tour of my not so local gym (due to price and quality) and found it to be a reasonable and friendly place.

I ended up signing up last night and due to my depression and anxiety im sort of dreading it :S
I know there isnt really a gym stereotype (not everyone is 6ft meat head with arms like tree trunks) but i dont see myself as an exerciser.

Sorry if this is vague, just needed to get it off my chest

Push yourself to go. Just do it. Once you're there you'll feel so proud of yourself. And once the after work out feeling hits you'll feel even better! Keep strong

🐼x

I think once you go and get used to the different machines you'll be fine, it's finding something you enjoy, even if you have no intention of becoming a 'gym bunny' it will make the world of difference to you (your mood) if you're feeling down, pop some headphones in, some energising music on and go for a 'walk' on the treadmill..you will feel refreshed and it gets you out of the house/helps get you fit x

Thank you for your kind words.

Im hoping to go with a friend the first few times, downside is she has a really annoying voice/accent and she never stops talking :S

Hope it doesnt put me off lol.
Just really shy and not great in new places using things that dont belong to me.

Honestly if you get stuck/unsure of the machines or the programmes..ask! You wont be the first..I'm sure you'll find the staff helpful and full of advice..
I used to hate the gym, now whenever iv got a spare hour..I'm there..
With regards to your friend..headphones!! A must lol x

Try and practice 'mindfulness'

Mindfulness = be mindful of everything that's around you, where you are, who's around you, what you can hear, touch, smell. These things help to ground you and calm you down. Relax and try to relax your mind.

With your friends voice is I recommend swimming? Sauna? Where there wouldn't be time to talk I guess? It is sauna etiquette to be quiet in them.

Hope this helps

🐼x

I feel like im disturbing or annoying them will stupid questions :S
I know its silly, its just the way i am.

Hoping my first session will be tuesday and better find some headphones lol

@squirty panda
Im not really likely to use the spa or pool facilities, but thats a whole other problem :(

zombifiedguy wrote:

I feel like im disturbing or annoying them will stupid questions :S
I know its silly, its just the way i am.

Hoping my first session will be tuesday and better find some headphones lol

I was like this, but honestly they are paid to work their for a reason lol, and you may find that they offer advice on how to use to the full advantage so you get more from your time there

Im hoping so. Its just personal worries etc

Hoping things will change after my first few visits

You'll benefit from it in the long run if you can stick at it .The trainers are there to be asked questions so don't let that put you off. That's why they get paid.