Hair colour preferences?

It depends on the lady in question. I like blonde, brunette, black, redheads et al but it depends on the face the hair is framing.

All colours can be a head turner for me, probably a good cut/style makes more difference. Oh, and I prefer medium to long hair.

I always wanted red hair as a child and still now! I love it and really admire women with naturally red hair. It runs in my family and my blonde can look a little coppery in some lights but it's blonde really. I'd love red hair with my green eyes.

It's a shame kids can be so cruel but it's something they grow out of as you grow into your own natural beauty :)

Adx

I love long wavy thick dark hair on women - would love my hair to be like that. Thats what my partner likes it seems. I have mid brown/blonde shoulder length hair...but i am trying to grow it.

On men i love love love shaved heads :)

Em x

I love guys with a shaved head, not really fussed on the colour though.

I'm naturally brunette but have it red at the moment and cut into a shortish bob. I had loads cut off a few months ago, never been scared to do something drastic with my hair. Had it really short, long, all sorts of colours including pink, blonde with blue streaks.

now normally i have light ish moussy brown hair but i took plunge and went red again but am trying to find right shade without going fire engine red (although seriously tempted)

in wrong lighting i look auburn and in another like a flamey red head

i cant win lol but have got more attention being red ;p

but i do find long hair on men a turn on ;p

I've always found men with bright blonde hair really difficult to be attracted to. I know my boyfriend also doesn't tend to fall for blondes (which is a pity, as I tend to get a bit blonde when I'm actually in the sun.. though that's not often.) I like men with hair I can at least get my fingers in, I just find it sexier if I can grab onto their head like they can on mine. My boyfriend told me yesterday to never chop off my hair (the lowest part can stretch down to my crotch when perfectly straight) so I guess he likes it long!

Laveila wrote:

I have red hair. Unfortunately. I want to colour it to brown, almost did it, but my OH decided to talk me off it. May still do it. Many think I have one of the most stunning hair they ever saw, some even thought its not natural colour and actually there were bets how long till they see the natural colour as the hair grows. Still I prefer brown, as it is less visible and actually red heads are often targets of bad harrassment as kids, as we are considered different and even freak. So although I like red hair on another woman, I sort of hate still mine.

I've always loved having red hair. Luckily as a child no one ever made bad comments about it, at least not that I could hear. I'd always get the hairdresser telling me what a nice colour it was. Unfortunately it's got slightly browner as I've got older, so I dye it back to the coppery colour it was when I was about 10. Because it was originally that colour, I think it's the best colour for my skin tone and eye colour, my eyes are really blue, especially if I'm wearing contacts instead of glasses, and dark hair would make me look a bit like a ghost.

On guys I prefer darker hair, not too short, not too long. Girls.. I guess it's more what suits them. Not really a fan of blonde hair though, probably because a lot of the blonde girls I know team it with orang skin.. I automatically feel closer to other redheads, not really sure why.

Men i like them to have shaved heads. Me i dye my hair monthly, enjoy having it all colours, although its just jet black at the moment.

GingerConcubine wrote:

Laveila wrote:

I have red hair. Unfortunately. I want to colour it to brown, almost did it, but my OH decided to talk me off it. May still do it. Many think I have one of the most stunning hair they ever saw, some even thought its not natural colour and actually there were bets how long till they see the natural colour as the hair grows. Still I prefer brown, as it is less visible and actually red heads are often targets of bad harrassment as kids, as we are considered different and even freak. So although I like red hair on another woman, I sort of hate still mine.

I've always loved having red hair. Luckily as a child no one ever made bad comments about it, at least not that I could hear. I'd always get the hairdresser telling me what a nice colour it was. Unfortunately it's got slightly browner as I've got older, so I dye it back to the coppery colour it was when I was about 10. Because it was originally that colour, I think it's the best colour for my skin tone and eye colour, my eyes are really blue, especially if I'm wearing contacts instead of glasses, and dark hair would make me look a bit like a ghost.

I still keep my hair coppery,somehow. The colour can change a bit between summer and winter or in different lights or how long ago I washed it, but it is still red colour. I have rather strange eyes colour. The main is blue-grey but with very visible green-brown inclusions and what colour my eyes is depends on the light and cloths as different colours can be highlighted. Right now its like greenish grey

justmish wrote:

i cant win lol but have got more attention being red ;p

That's interesting... has anybody else found they've got more or less attention when they change hair colour?

Laveila wrote:

The colour can change a bit between summer and winter or in different lights or how long ago I washed it, but it is still red colour. I have rather strange eyes colour. The main is blue-grey but with very visible green-brown inclusions and what colour my eyes is depends on the light and cloths as different colours can be highlighted. Right now its like greenish grey

My hair changes colour as well with sun and how long it is between washes.

My eye colour is grey blue but they can look bright blue in bright sunlight.

sharry wrote:

Laveila wrote:

The colour can change a bit between summer and winter or in different lights or how long ago I washed it, but it is still red colour. I have rather strange eyes colour. The main is blue-grey but with very visible green-brown inclusions and what colour my eyes is depends on the light and cloths as different colours can be highlighted. Right now its like greenish grey

My hair changes colour as well with sun and how long it is between washes.

My eye colour is grey blue but they can look bright blue in bright sunlight.

Same! My colour can range from light blonde in the summer to verging on light brown in the winter. Which is why I started dying it - I wanted my summer colour all year round!

My eye colour also varies with clothing - I have green eyes with gold flecks, if I wear blue clothes they sometimes have a more bluey tinge.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/183397-online-perceptions/ this thread reveals interesting answers from people based a lot on hair and eye colour. I always find it fascinating that we have different ideas in our mind of what online people look like :)

Adx

my hubby fancies all brunettes or dark hair, dont know what happened when he met me then as im natural blonde

I somehow always wend up with a blonde fringe during mid summer.

Well I'm a redhead, seems to be an acquired taste tho amongst guys. I hated it when I was younger as I got bullied terribly over it, but now, I like being a bit different...

On guys, for me the shorter the better, I love running my fingers over a grade 1 buzz cut....

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

Well I'm a redhead, seems to be an acquired taste tho amongst guys. I hated it when I was younger as I got bullied terribly over it, but now, I like being a bit different...

On guys, for me the shorter the better, I love running my fingers over a grade 1 buzz cut....

Really? I always assumed you were brunette (see the "Online Perceptions" thread hehe) I love red hair :)

Adx

Yep really Ad, I'm a 'Ginger', lol.... but yes was reading some of that thread, funny what we all think...

I've always tended to prefer blonde hair (indeed, my wife is blonde).

Having said that, it wasn't a deal-breaker for me when I met brunettes or redheads while I was dating. Other attributes (and mainly non-physical ones!) were far more important to me.

I prefer darker hair on a guy. Hairstyle depends on the person; whatever looks good. However I do like guys with long hair if they can carry it off well and keep it maintained/conditioned. However my bf has a shaved head and he looks good.

I'm a dark redhead but whenever it's summer it lightens up. I asked my bf this q a while ago and he said he wasn't bothered about hair colour but he likes long hair.

rach74 wrote:

my hubby fancies all brunettes or dark hair, dont know what happened when he met me then as im natural blonde

same with me and my hubby but i'm not a natural blond.