Hangovers

How does everyone deal with hangovers becuase boy have i got one today!

Eating pure crap. A big McDonalds meal with water rather than pop sorts me out. Fizzy stuff makes my already ibs tummy post booze even worse.

Basically loads of water with plenty of sugar and salt as well!

beans on toast or tomato soup!

A full english and plenty of strong tea!

In a pint glass about an inch of orange squash undiluted, 3 effevescent vitamin tablets, 3 aspro clear tablets and lemonade. Takes a while to settle but makes me feel fantastic after about 15 minutes.

I don't have one this morning considering that I spent most of yesterday drinking Ale. Ale festivals are fun =D

My way of dealing with hangovers is to get my OH to go get and make food for me. I don't tend to have carb food in so if he can't get anything I will have veggie toad in the hole.

get up. get out in the fresh air. walk the dogs. get home. get under a blanket with coffee and chocolate. put movie on. fall asleep... perfect hangover cure (also eat/drink red packet foods - malteasers, coke, hulahoops, pringles - anything in a red packet!)

to limit my hangovers i dont drink much larger or wine anymore and stick to shots, i also stick water in the fridge to have b4 bed to try and rehydrate me .

Juice, Peppermint tea, sausage sandwich, some of what my OH calls "make feel nice crisps" from M and S, orgasm, sleep.

SS xx

Lovehoney - Hella wrote:

Eat trifle and go back to bed. I don't do heavy drinking on school nights anymore, I like my job too much. :p

Ditto - and I'm very cystitis prone, which has put me off heavy boozing.

SS xx

pint of milk, cup of tea and bacon sarnie

God I haven't had a bacon sarnie in ages. Tummy is rumbling now..

Agree full English does it for ages.

Red packet goods - i'm having that one for future use!

I don't get hangovers for two reasons

1) I don't drink *that* much - though I do drink enough to have a hangover

2) When I get home from a night out I eat a pizza and/or chips and keep myself awake until I've drank two litres of water. I then take a bottle of water to bed with me and when I wake up dehydrated at 6am put it in my mouth, prop it on the pillow and fall back asleep (I use a Lucozade bottle that has that gel thing that stops the liquid coming out until you suck on it).

Seems to work but I am also 21 so that also plays a role ;)

Adx

I get cracking hangovers :(

Alka Seltzer Plus and lots of sleep during the day got me through an epic two week post-uni binge/celebration. I covered my windows with cardboard and everything so that the sun wouldn't wake me up (student landlord's blinds are TERRIBLE).

Really there's not much you can do apart from drink water and try to sleep it off.

Although, when I'm hungover and lazing in bed I do always feel extra horny. Sex or a wank definitely helps take the edge off a hangover for a while!