Do you drink alcohol...?

I was shocked to find out how many of my mates don't really drink anymore because they reckon alcohol causes you to put on weight , Do you drink ? or am i the only one who still does...

Nope, Only very rarely nowadays.

Feel so much better for it too :) x

i do drink

though your friends are right in that most alcahol is very calorific.

things like gin, vodka and spirits are less - and tonic is more or less calorie free too

only now and again, dont really like going to clubs and town etc, just have one and a nice hot day,

nothing better than a nice cold cider ;)

every night but it is delicious german beer

I do but I've never been a big drinker.

I never drink anymore after I got tanked up on lots of cans and half a bottle of vodka and lots of fruit punk which had every spirit you can name, I was sick everywere! so I gave up drinking!

Nope, not at all for about 8 years now. OH doesn't either.

Yep, as a matter of fact i'm out with the lads tonight, so I'm sure my usual weekly alcohol content will be quadrupled just in one night !

sexy jayne wrote:

yeah too much last night, suffering with hangover, so what do i do?? have a drinking afternoon lol

drink german beer it doesnt give a hangover.....It does put a few pounds on though

I must admit i do like a nice glass or two of wine , an yes it does hinder the figure, but what are we to do lol

I very rarely drink but when I do it is usualy beers and ales and i will usually nurse one or 2 over an entire night. I am a very depressive drunk so i tend to delibrately not get drunk as i know it wont be fun!

stuball wrote:

gunther i do like a good german beer no chemicals in them.

me and the wife love a drink im on the vodka now :-)

do you know a BAD german beer lol never tasted one

Im te-total, i dont drink smoke or take drugs <3

I only really drink 2 or 3 times a year. Don't really like most alcohol so its mostly that, plus I hate hangovers. I recon my wife and I save around £100 a month relative to many of our friends, think thats a prety good reason not to drink often :-)

Whisky is the best drink :-) Isle of Jura is my favourite, but a cheaper brand is fine for mixing with coke.

Old Pulteney for my fave whiskey.....maybe after 9 months in Wick I was indoctrinated

Doing the sums, so long as you don't exceed the recommended 21 units/week for a man and you drink whisky then the drink will not exceed 6.5% of your recommended calorific intake. If you substitute soft drinks for the alcohol you may not be any better off from a weight gain point of view.

I only drink about 4 units/week and have no plans to change that.

Cat Lady wrote:

Whisky is the best drink :-) Isle of Jura is my favourite, but a cheaper brand is fine for mixing with coke.

oooh laphroig is my fave but jura is nice too - i love peaty whiskies the most though. single malts are much better than blended ones - blended ones like southern comfort tend to be too scented for me and give me headaches. Jack daniels is ok in coke as a mixer but straight is awful.

I've not tried Laphroig, but my brother likes it. Used to really love Jack Daniels but I've definitely switched to Scotch!