Happy Pride Month Everyone

Happy Pride Month Everyone; To both those identifying as LGBTQA+ and those who are simply allies.

I personally identify as a Cis Gender Bisexual Woman. Thought I would create a new topic for this where we can share all of the gayness, haha. :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

24 Likes

Happy pride to everyone but can I say especially for my god son and his boyfriend / partner :rainbow: :rainbow::rainbow:

9 Likes

Yaaaayyy - Pride month!! Took my bi flag off the landing wall this morning and hung it out of the front window. :star_struck: :partying_face: :rainbow_flag:

11 Likes

Happy pride month! One of my best nights out ever was a pub crawl with my wife, a lesbian couple and a gay male couple! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hey, wasnt aware this was pride month :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Big Hi five to everyone :raised_hands: whatever your gender identity or sexual orientation, you guys all help make the world a little bit more awesome and accepting
. :heart: :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :green_heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart: thank you

Edit: becuse im an idiot i forgot to mention im Bi. Still getting used to saying that to people :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

12 Likes

Happy pride monthhhhhhh!!! I personally identify as bisexual :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

4 Likes

Love pride month. :heart: :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :green_heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart: Started out as an ally, but turned out I was more than that.
So I’m a demisexual pansexual cis woman in a delta polyamorous relationship.
And since working that lot out, I’ve never been happier!

7 Likes

I wish I could enjoy Pride month but since I’m being forced in the closet, the constant reminder of it means it’s a difficult time for me.

8 Likes

Big hugs, @Queerantine. You are not forgotten, and rest assured, your time is coming! :hugs: :heart:

7 Likes

Thank you. I sure hope so.

2 Likes

Yes dear @Queerantine your time will come. You will find your tribe soon…pretty much as soon as you’re no longer living with your parents I expect!

4 Likes

Just Jack?
So many labels it’s hard to keep up. I’m just me with my luscious rainbow lips pressed hard against the front window
Enjoy Pride month
Enjoy Pride life
:kissing_heart:

Maybe ‘straight’ people need more labels too like
“Straight guy but…”
I hear that so much
:grin:

4 Likes

Happy Pride month everyone! :heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

3 Likes

Happy pride month. And I’m proud to be a demisexual, pansexual, trans woman, every day of my life.

@Queerantine hang in there, and you are not alone in, my family disowned me when they found out just who I am, it was the best day of my life, I’m so much happier without them, now I’m free to be me all the time.

7 Likes

@anon62893628 I hope you don’t mind me asking what is the difference between pansexual and demisexual?
I’ve just looked it up but it seems to be giving me the same explanation for both x

2 Likes

@Newton27 Hi, Pansexual is when you are attracted to all people, all genders, the word pan means essentially “all” , like the word “pandemic” means an epidemic which encompasses the whole world. ( it bugs me when journalists and others on the news talk about a global pandemic, a pandemic by the very nature of the world means it’s global. Little rant over)

A demisexual, (“Demi” is french for half) is kind of half sexual, in the sense that such a person is not attracted to a person with whom they have no emotional or other connection with. Like other people can be attracted to someone based say purely on that persons looks, like say a celebrity they have never met. A demisexual can still appreciate that a person is physically or other wise attractive, but it sort of feels pointless as regards to sexual attraction, without the connection.

So they do not in any way mean the same thing. I hope that makes sense to you. @KinkyMira may be able to better explain it than me. It was Mira who helped me figure myself out in this regard. I felt sort of broken before she helped me to understand myself. Like, why can I never find anyone but a friend attractive; what’s wrong with me ! For me, it causes me some pain with friendships from time to time.

8 Likes

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain :slightly_smiling_face: I had never heard of demisexual before so wanted to understand it properly.
That makes much more sense!

Oh no :frowning: I’m sorry to hear you were feeling that way! But I’m glad someone has helped you understand yourself better :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m abit embarrassed to admit I didn’t realise there were so many types of sexuality! I think I need to educate myself abit more!

4 Likes

On the subject of complicated sexuality stuff, I feel really sorry for those folks whose romantic attraction is at odds with their basic sexuality: i.e. the hetero-romantic homosexual or the homo-romantic heterosexual, who can only fall in love with people they don’t want to have sex with, and can’t fall in love with people they do want to have sex with. Jeez, what a dilemma! All is not lost, though: such people do occasionally strike lucky, by falling in (platonic) love with someone of the same ilk and agreeing to do casual sex with outsiders.

5 Likes

Fundamentally @anon62893628 has it right. For a demisexual, attraction is build on personality rather than looks, and you need some sort of connection to have attraction - friendship is fine, and it doesn’t have to be a deep one, but there has to be something. Everyone I have ever shagged I’ve known for some time before.

Pan just means you could find anyone attractive regardless of how they present. So they are very different things.

3 Likes

Happy Pride Month Lovehoney Gang :rainbow_flag:

3 Likes