Having a Lonely

Please excuse my self-pitying. I think it might be hormonal, or lack of cake, or <shrug>

My other half and I, wont be getting together until August. We chat on skype every night until we both go to bed. I feel like I'm missing an arm.

Every night I roll over after he goes offline and look at the great big empty space in my bed. And As much as I miss the sex and the games and the play, what I miss most is him next to me.

not sure what my point is. :(

awww big cuddles to ya

Ahhhh big hugs to you xxx

*huggles* Thank you all. Sorry. Just been one of those days.

aaaww MSEllie hugs aug is way too long! have you ever tried rolling half of the duvet and cuddle it? I've it works abit! I bet your bored with using toys on your own!

I hope you feel better

Ellie, I have been working away since 1985, I know exactly what you mean I miss Mrs G breathing next to me more than sex itself, I am insomniac and sleep about 5 hrs a night away from home but up to 8 hrs at home, it makes a huge difference to my demeanour just having her next to me. I dont have the experience of missing her in our bed but no bed ever feels comfortable or warm.

gunther wrote:

Ellie, I have been working away since 1985, I know exactly what you mean I miss Mrs G breathing next to me more than sex itself, I am insomniac and sleep about 5 hrs a night away from home but up to 8 hrs at home, it makes a huge difference to my demeanour just having her next to me. I dont have the experience of missing her in our bed but no bed ever feels comfortable or warm.

Having seen some of your other posts about being long distance Gunther, I have to admit I'm curious as to what it is you do that means being away from your partner for such a long time, without you both moving together?

Shaft I dont give personal info on a board (not being rude), To clarify I started working away in 1985 but have not been abroad in all that time but a substantial part of it. Sometimes I have had jobs at home sometimes I have just taken a break, sometimes I couldnt get work, once I gave up work for 2 yrs just to home educate our daughter. Mrs and Miss G were with me in France for a year but it drove her crazy.....at home in a foreign country all day not knowinganyone or speaking the language. She loves to work and has a good job and a lot of self respect if she joins me the boredom quickly drives her nutttttzzzz My job has changed, I can now get home every other weekend but have regularly been away for 3 to 5 months in the past, so I feel for Ellie. When I was away in the 80s there was no e mail or skype and sometimes no phone so we wrote to each other 2 times a week. Mrs G proposed marriage to me and also asked if I would like to start a family by letter. ( On both issues I had already asked her and she said no).

Big hugs babes xxx mwah xxx

Ellie

A while ago there was a thread about the impotance of sex in a relationship several posters disagreed with my position that it was important but no where near the whole deal. You obviously know a lot about the sub dom master slave scene . ....what do you miss most, sex or just a man sleeping next to you?

I work with other guys away from home and in my opinion they confuse being lonely with not having sex........

gunther wrote:

Ellie

A while ago there was a thread about the impotance of sex in a relationship several posters disagreed with my position that it was important but no where near the whole deal. You obviously know a lot about the sub dom master slave scene . ....what do you miss most, sex or just a man sleeping next to you?

I work with other guys away from home and in my opinion they confuse being lonely with not having sex........

eesh for the love of the gods don't take me at my word, I have experience of what I've known and what i've researched, but by no means know a lot. And I can only speak for what I know personally.

My other half and I - are more sub/Dom than master and slave (although we both use those terms for the other). Also some couplings are merely for the 'kink' so it is all about sex.

For me? He's one of my best friends, I miss him being next to me. He's one of the few people I'm happy to just 'be' with - no performance, no excessive chatter, no "being the life and soul" Just happy to be in each others presence.

So yes, I do miss sex, but push comes to shove I could get that elsewhere if it was just about the sex. But for me it's just being with them.

MsEllie wrote:

gunther wrote:

Ellie

So yes, I do miss sex, but push comes to shove I could get that elsewhere if it was just about the sex. But for me it's just being with them.

Hi Ellie

Last Tuesday I had a run in with a bar maid joking about me oing home for sex they get really personal sometimes in Germany. I said if it was just sex I could spend the weekend in a brothel for the same money. I know exactly what you mean.

I can feel for you, been in similar situation. I wish you all the luck you can have, this is not easy situation. I really hope it will work for you.

Gunther: I dont mistake being lonely with the need for sex. I can get very horny, to the point when I need someone to really feel someones hands on me, to touch me. Masturbation is not enough in those situations. No, I havent been unfaitful, just bit sexually frustrated.

Laveila wrote:

Gunther: I dont mistake being lonely with the need for sex. I can get very horny, to the point when I need someone to really feel someones hands on me, to touch me. Masturbation is not enough in those situations. No, I havent been unfaitful, just bit sexually frustrated.

Lavelia I have no doubt you dont, it is a particular male trait its hard for men to admit or say they are lonely so they say they want their leg over.

gunther wrote:

Shaft I dont give personal info on a board (not being rude).

Don't worry, that's not being rude, I'm hesitant to reveal too much as well. I've been long distance for just over 18 months, and am finding it tough. Have to admit I admire you and those like you who take it to the extreme.

gunther wrote:

Laveila wrote:

Lavelia I have no doubt you dont, it is a particular male trait its hard for men to admit or say they are lonely so they say they want their leg over.

I'd have to agree with both of these. It's the feeling of someone else's skin and the intimacy that I miss, not just the need to satisfy a physical urge. And yes, as a bloke, I have to admit I find it hard to say how much I just need a hug sometimes.

*offers general hugs to the men and women in need of them*

It's alright guys, Just pretend you're comforting me and get a free hug >.<

Thanks MsEllie, right back at ya

ShaftMaster wrote:

I'd have to agree with both of these. It's the feeling of someone else's skin and the intimacy that I miss, not just the need to satisfy a physical urge. And yes, as a bloke, I have to admit I find it hard to say how much I just need a hug sometimes.

Shaftmaster, every couple find their own way to cope , the first step is to commit that you will cope. I dont know what your situation is but I have done most things long stint short stints , leave cycles you name it.

Remember people change with time day by day you dont notice but after months you are going back to someone slightly different. That is life dont rail about it, just learn what new nuances are that have changed