Piercings?

Hi all, im thinking of having my nipples pierced. Ive always liked the look of them and ive recently found out that it increases senitivity. I was wondering if anyone has their nipples pierced? if so how much does it hurt?

Thanks

SMC x

Thank you, Id say i have a high pain threshold (11 tattoos and 4 natural birthtakes lol) think i might go and take a trip into town

x

i have one of my nipples pierced, and it has made my nipple more sensitive, i love it and my OH loves playing with it

I didn't find mine hurt much at all, just a tugging more.

I had mine done with barbells and had no problems. All the forums I looked at suggested this was better for healing than rings as rings can flip up and get caught easier. And my piercer actually said barbells were better too. I think they can be a problem if you don't go back and get smaller length ones put in once the initial swelling has gone.

They take up to about a year to heal properly and you shouldn't be playing with them or letting your partner play with them for that time either, so it's a lot to think about :)

I got a lot of my info from this website & forum so might be worth checking out
http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/forum/

I have a friend who has her nipple pierced and she says it doesn't hurt at all. Pierced nipples are so sexy... love it.

I have to say that for me it hurt like hell! I am tattooed and have other piercings and consider my pain threshold to be high but it was still pretty bad! It seems to vary a lot for different people. I made up my mind to have them both done at once and I had to really force myself to have the second one done but I was determined not to have just the one, i think it looks lopsided! Having said that, after a year I really love them. i wear barbels as I am wary of getting rings caught although I have bought some for special occasions as my bf likes them. The main thing is to be very hygenic with them during the healing process, keep them clean, try not to catch them on things (easier if you are a man!) and not to let your partner fiddle with them until they have had a good 6 months or more to heal. Mine still flare up now sometimes so it is a long process. Also choose a good clean piercer that you can trust. I got some very good cleaning stuff from bodyjewelleryshop.com called Easypiercing Care Kit which was excellent. Good luck, and however it is for you the pain is over fairly quickly :)

The healing process is a bitch, you realise how much your nipples are put through day to day..... but it is worth it, i love mine!!!!

I have both my nipples done one vertical and the other horizontal. I have found the vertical one hurt a little more as its a little deeper. I found it the same sort of pain as getting my belly button done. I have bars in mine and they do tend to get cought every now and then and even after having them done for 8 years and 18months I still clean them every now and then.

I advise putting cotton pads in your bra for the first week or so just incase the bleed a little saves your bra getting covered in blood.

Having them done has really increased my sensitive and I love it. I usally wear padded bras but when I don't and I brush against something it feels nice.lol.

Mine have never bled... So strange haha, but I think it is normal for them to so cotton pads is a good tip Poppicat :)

Bodyjewelleryshop is brilliant, they have that kit that parmaviolets has and the forum also has details of how to do your own saline solution to clean it (recommended twice a day) and this is what I've done, although I only do it every so often now as I have had very little lymph and crusties and mine aren't sore at all. A lot of the people on there have used the LITHA method though and had perfect healing, which stands for 'leave it the hell alone' :P - they have just rinsed in the shower every day.

I have one nipple pierced and it has increased the sensitivity. Having experience with both piercings and tattoos myself I think anyone who can manage tattoo pain should be ok with getting a nipple piercing

They do have a long healing period and you may need to avoid nice lacy bras during the healing period too, ball closure rings are best for healing as things brush off them rather than catching.

I would add that keeping a soft pregnancy or sports bra on at night to begin with helped me (specially if you have a bigger bust) and also to keep well away from those shower puff things, they catch really easily and it makes your eyes water!