Hello Everyone! Question about lingerie

I am new to LoveHoney and am excited to join this forum! :slight_smile:
I am in a long distance relationship with a man I have known since we were 15 years old. Now in our 40s, we reconnected a year ago and officially began a relationship 6 months ago. We both are interested in long term and intend to get married one day. I have never felt so comfortable with a man as I do with him. For the first time, I have lost my problems with being shy in the bedroom with him. He makes me feel sexy and wanted. As a plus size woman this is a big deal and very new to me. Also, for the first time, I have bought lingerie. I have never bought lingerie before, because of my shyness and the fear of looking unattractive. The Lovehoney items I purchased are actually flattering on my figure and I am very excited. We spend a week out of every month together until we find a home. My question…although this lingerie makes me feel sexy, do men really like it? I want it to be a fun surprise for him when we get together in a couple weeks, do something different and unexpected. I guess I want to know if men really like lingerie or is it something they really don’t care all that much about. Men - would you be excited and flattered if your girlfriend surprised you by wearing sexy lingerie? If so, what would be a sexy, fun way to present my new attire to him? Do I put it under my clothes or do I do like in the movies and say that I need to go slip into something more comfortable and go into the bathroom, change, and then prance into the room? Sorry for the silly questions, I guess I am a little naïve when it comes to this stuff. Thanks for your help!! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Hi and welcome!

Obviously everyone is different in what they like, but if the lingerie makes you feel sexy and confident, it will definitely be a positive for him.

In terms of when to put it on, that’s entirely up to you and the type of lingerie you’ve bought. Some will be easy and comfortable to wear under clothing, whereas some will not. On the other hand, some lingerie is easier (quicker) to put on. Either way works though, so do what works best for you. Would you like to tease him with it before the reveal or a kick start the action?

Whatever you do, have fun

4 Likes

Often I need to help her out it on as some are complex, other times she will keep me in the shower while she gets ready. The surprise is nice if you can find 5 min to be apart.

1 Like

Slipping off to the bathroom and reappearing in your lingerie will be well appreciated :wink:. It’s just like the wrapping on a gift so flaunt it. Personally I wouldn’t care if it was worn or not. Have fun though

2 Likes

Hi @StarKitty79

I loved reading that, it’s awesome that you feel comfortable and attractive.
Wearing lingerie will make you feel even sexier.

I guess it depends on what you plan on wearing.
If it’s a bra, stockings and suspenders set you can easier wear this under your clothes then just flash him at your own leisure.

Otherwise, if you have an outfit that is a little complex, it may be easier to get changed once you are ready.
This is what I usually do :slightly_smiling_face:

Either way - I’m 99% sure that it’s going to drive him wild :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

YES. End of. :yum:

2 Likes

Hello, not a guy here but all the guys I have worn it for have loved it! I have always worn it under my clothes so that it’s a little surprise for them as they undress me.

I personally love wearing it and love buying new pieces and have found that most guys have appreciated it and have said that it turns them on.

4 Likes

Thanks Calie! Good point, most of what I bought might not work under clothes. I do want to tease him and get him excited. I will try to slip away and change. Thanks for your help! :grin:

1 Like

Haha! Yah, one of the things I ordered is pretty difficult to put on. That might be a fun, sexy twist, get me into it then work his way into taking it off. :grin: Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I think the surprise might be fun too! Thanks for the advice! :blush:

Thanks! Is so exciting to have a partner like him, who makes me feel good about my body. Most of what I got would probably be hard to hide under clothes, so I will try slipping off, changing and surprising him. Thanks for your help! :blush:

1 Like

Awesome!! That makes me feel better about my purchases…I kind of went overboard, lol! Thanks for your response! :blush:

Thanks, Sophie! That makes me feel much better about going overboard, lol. I have one set that would go well under clothes. I think I will do that with that particular outfit and slip away and change with the others. I appreciate your response and help! :grin:

1 Like

Guys love it! just look at the comments on the Lingerie appreciation thread
I love it - even on other guys.
I would say to wear under something , even a dressing gown. Slipping into something more comfortable adds pressure as it can take a while , particularly if fumbling with fasteners or suspenders.
Whatever you decide though I’m sure it will be a winner
Good Luck!

2 Likes

@StarKitty79 First, welcome! Glad to have you :slight_smile:
Second, I personally find sexy lingerie to be a great way to have a two fold positive impact on your sex life (and possibly three fold as I’ll show you in your case).
When a woman wears spicy lingerie, it shows that she’s excited and interested which is a huge turn on for her partner. That’s one. Also, lingerie is hot and sexy in general so the visual for her guy is crazy sexy. That’s two. And, though some women are willing to wear it but don’t feel sexy doing so, some do also feel sexy (as in your case) and that boosts confidence and energy which only enhances the mood for both people. That’s three.
I’m impressed that the lingerie you bought both fit and looks as good as you anticipated. In general, be prepared that no matter what your size is, it’s common that it may not fit like it does for the model in the picture. Again I’m happy and impressed that what you bought fits and looks as good as you expected it to. That’s actually more rare than you might think. Even if it looks great on you, often it’s not as good as you imagine it will be when you buy it so great to hear it’s working out for you :smiley:
I personally find it sexy when I undress my wife and discover her lingerie underneath her regular clothing as it tells me she’s been preparing and waiting for me to see the surprise she’s been planning.
Maybe I’m kinda weird but “jumping out of the bathroom after just putting on sexy lingerie” isn’t my preference (Disclaimer: I am probably in the small minority on this opinion) as it almost feels like I’m pressured to like and ogle over her which just hits me the wrong way for some reason. Finding the surprise underneath regular clothing would be my choice.
Now some exceptions to my preference might be something that wouldn’t really work underneath regular clothing. Specifically any PVC or hardcore leather items. If she walked into the bathroom in regular clothes, and comes out looking like a Mistress on a mission to make me her slave and punish me, I’d probably die (in a good way lol). But as far as the lace and crotchless stuff, underneath is a two thumbs up from this guy.
Though to clarify, I imagine in the scenario you mentioned that the sexiness has already started in the bedroom, and there’s a forced pause while you go change into the lingerie. If your guy was just doing something normal around the house and you walked out looking all sexy that would be a more desirable scenario in my opinion. But I talk too much. I’m thrilled you found a terrific guy and the fact that you have, want to wear, and feel sexy in you lingerie will undoubtedly pack a sexy punch for your guy. You’re both lucky to have each other.
Edit: Always forget the @username
Edit2: Do I even type? fixing minor goofs

4 Likes

Thanks so much for your detailed response, it gives me food for thought! I think I could create some fun scenarios. I have one outfit I ordered that would be a fun under the clothes surprise. You really have helped give me some ideas.
Thanks for the compliments! I’m so excited to have someone to explore my sexuality with and I feel so hot wearing it, I just can’t wait to wear it for him. It is a huge help to know most men appreciate it. Thank you! :grin:

1 Like

Thanks so much for the reassurance! I want to make it fun with my boyfriend. Thanks again!! :blush:

1 Like

@StarKitty79 In short, men most certainly appreciate it and I’m even finding it exciting how much you’re enjoying it! That attitude and energy you have is contageous and wildly attractive (not flirting, sincere apology if it comes across like that). Even if for some reason the lingerie itself was not as much of a hit, the excitement you show will more than compensate for it. IMO, a confident sexy attidude can easily give a girl an extra edited by mod hotness. edited by mod I personally think your guy is going to go crazy as much over your excitement as he is over whatever you’re wearing (or not wearing). Sincerely awesome to see a couple so excited for each other :smiley:

1 Like

Ask him.

Give him two choices and ask what he likes.

When me and my Partner got together I thought he would never be into the same thing I am ( as we’re polar opposite in everything!) Turns out sex and latex are the only things we have in common​:rofl:

2 Likes

I think men just love ladies that get the sexy lingerie. I for one would love the wife to surprise me with something from LH. Go for it, you will also feel special yourself.

1 Like