Help for a daft bint with a work crush ;-)

I'm liking this story.... I'll wait to see the story unfurl

try to inject some innuendo into the conversations or text MTC, and see how he reacts. I'm just guessing he'll enjoy it and try to return the joke. Its a great way of introducing a little sex talk into the conversation, but in a fun way. Also, if you are missing the mark then it was only a joke, so you have a get out.

To me it sounds like he's a shy guy, and that he likes you. Getting a bit more flirty with innuendo texts should prove the point one way or the other.

Good luck sweetie.

Jamba wrote:

I'm liking this story.... I'll wait to see the story unfurl External Media

Better than Eastenders or Corrie eh? lol...

Shall keep you all informed...

toycar69 wrote:

try to inject some innuendo into the conversations or text MTC, and see how he reacts. I'm just guessing he'll enjoy it and try to return the joke. Its a great way of introducing a little sex talk into the conversation, but in a fun way. Also, if you are missing the mark then it was only a joke, so you have a get out.

To me it sounds like he's a shy guy, and that he likes you. Getting a bit more flirty with innuendo texts should prove the point one way or the other.

Good luck sweetie.

Well I tried ths a bit yesterday, during his texts, he said he needed his back waxing, don't ask, lol, so I volunteered to do it, adding I liked seeing men squirm with pain or was it pleasure.... or something like that & he didn't reply.... lol... but he was fine when I saw him today so didn't completely scare him External Media

Think I'm just a shit flirt.... lol

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

Jamba wrote:

I just always liked these kind of office gossip type stories. Just please don't end up like that couple from the Moonpig.com advert! *CRINGE*

Jamba wrote:

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

Jamba wrote:

I just always liked these kind of office gossip type stories. Just please don't end up like that couple from the Moonpig.com advert! *CRINGE*

Don't fret Jamba, not much chance of that, thank god.... but the office gossip bit is hard but it could be fun keeping it quiet from everyone... perhaps that's what he's worried about? lol....

MTC, the only advice I can really suggest is to check out some of the links he texted you and if one of them is actualy interesting to you then possibly suggest meeting up some time for a coffee or a drink to chat about something on the site. It seems innocent enough on the surface, but once you've had a little chat (light flirting throughout) you can either steer the conversation towards something more private or back off and be just friends depending on how things feel.

But for the love of everything kinky woman, ask the man out!

Thanks Tromain, I guess he has given me the 'in' there, I just need to take the time to look in to it & follow it through.

Watch this space.... lol

What else can I add?

Ask him woman!!!

Good luck hun although I'm sure you don't need it, remember confidence is sexy! x

Thanks SLM....

Well todays update is a bit rubbish....

Saw him couple of times but each time I was with someone else so only had general chat. He then told me he was working later tonight, so I text him when I got in, some daftness and asked him if he fancied going for a drink and to let me know, no obligation etc, and he's not replied, so not sure if that's my answer or not? lol....

Could well be a short soap opera this one, haha!

Hey hun - you say he's working later tonight. Is it possible he's still working so just hasn't had chance to reply? x

He'd have finished at 8 or within a few minues of it, so may be travelling home etc I guess? He could have replied from work tho, it's not so strict there, haha!

Guessing he's working out how to politely say "you've misinterpreted, thanks but no thanks!"

Just popping in to check on todays installment!

FWIW, it sounds to me like he's a bit of a shy guy but he does like you. He'll call or text shortly to take you up on that drink.

Keep us posted...

Maybe he is just shy and doesn't like direct questions?

EWhat ever happens you've asked and have no worries about what may have happened.

Aww thanks Bumble, I hope you're right :-) He's a def closed character, not one for social mixings at work, he does seem to talk to me the most, but then I don't work directly with him so may be wrong...

I was so geared up to actually ask him today after this thread last night and then no god damn opportunity, haha! Sods law I reckon ;-)

WandA wrote:

Maybe he is just shy and doesn't like direct questions?

EWhat ever happens you've asked and have no worries about what may have happened.External Media

Well how am I supposed to ask him then? lol..... Least in a text version its easier for him to be honest, he hasnt got to be looking at me when he rejects me External Media

Am sure I'll find out soon enough, I'll see him tomorrow, altho probs not alone, lol....

Don't make excuses for him. You've done all you can do. You've overtly flirted and invited him for a drink. He either responds or he doesn't. If he doesn't respond, then you have your answer. Most men are very keen to meet a woman who sounds interested in sex with them.

For whatever reason, I'm going to have to say that "He's Just Not That Into You." It doesn't matter why. It's nothing you did. You don't need to give it any thought. Just let it go. If he contacts you, again, via text, but doesn't mention meeting up, then I think you may have reason for confusion. But, right now, I'd say he's not interested in actually meeting you, for whatever reason.

bumble wrote:

Just popping in to check on todays installment! External Media

FWIW, it sounds to me like he's a bit of a shy guy but he does like you. He'll call or text shortly to take you up on that drink.

Keep us posted...

This^

He's just a shy guy, and maybe not used to the attention of such a lovely lady as yourself.

I wonder if she's seen him today, what will this evenings episode hold?

I think he's just shy and doesn't know how to take the attention.

I am a shy, very unconfident person, and i can imagine how i would feel in his position. Like him, i really dislike social get-togethers, so someone inviting me to the pub would fill me with dread. I would be far more likely to accept an invitation to the cinema or restaurant.

I'm guessing he's got mixed messages. Firstly MTC had a joke around the office of her 'type', which this guy clearly didn't fit into, so he thought he had no chance.

Since then there have been flirty conversations, but he is thinking that it is just banter. He doesn't want to make his interest too obvious incase it isn't reciprocated and risk ending up looking like a pillock.

MTC, shy people are a pain in the arse. We need things spelt out in BIG BOLD LETTERS, no ambiguity. We fear ridicule and rejection, so would never risk making a fool of ourselves.

You need to just go up to him, tell him how much you like him and ask if he fancies going out with you sometime. Whats the worst that could happen?

bumble wrote:

MTC, shy people are a pain in the arse. We need things spelt out in BIG BOLD LETTERS, no ambiguity. We fear ridicule and rejection, so would never risk making a fool of ourselves.

LOL, we also tend to have confidence issues. The poor guy is probably thinking "she's lovely, I bet she's just being nice, she can't possibly fancy me!"

Definitely looking forward to the next chapter. Hearing about someone else trying to chat someone up is almost as good as having a life of my own! External Media