help I keep getting logged out!

is anyone else having the same problem? nearly everytime i open a new tab it logs me out! i didn't know if it is because i'm useing windows 8 or its a genral problem?

no ive got round it by logging in permantley on here

its a bugger i know

Yes -- it's been happening to me too over the last few days. I've just had to repeat my logging in five times just in order to make this posting!

I think the problem is with the site rather than this browser, as I've seen this behaviour occur in patches -- very difficult to stay logged in at some times and fine at others -- as if the site is finding it harder to keep track when more people are browsing it.

And me! Happened a couple of times over the past week!

try logging in permantely ive not had much probs since i done this

lickmadick wrote:

try logging in permantely ive not had much probs since i done this

This worked for me.

cool someone listening glad it worked buddy

Thanks! That seems to have worked around it for me as well -- at least, based on the evidence of two log in attempts: the first one (without ticking the "keep me signed in on this computer" box) failed, whereas the second one (with the box ticked) succeeded.

I think there must still be an underlying problem with the site, though. Sounds to me like an issue with the deployment or recognition of cookies.

Keeps happening to me too but don't want to be signed in all the time, shared computer.

thanx guys i'm going to try and keep myself logged in . i was a bit worried that i wouldn't be able to post my review but i've been logged in for about 30minutes now which seem to be a bit of a recored for me at the moment. i must pick the wrong times to come on the forum.

Been having this for over a week, posted in the glitches thread about it but don't think anyone techie noticed...

Have tried LMD's solution, see if it works, thanks :)

I did not have any problems, but as this is my personal laptop, which noone else uses and have access to - plus I live alone, I keep myself logged in. so could be the solution, if you can do it. Otherwise it does sound a bit strange, that it logs you out after opening new tab

also clear cookies

Every time I go to post, I keep getting logged out and, the chat box keeps disappearing and re-appearing!

I keep getting logged out as well.

As soon as i click on forums.

Using windows vista and firefox 16.0.2

It takes several goes but does work in the end.