Help! I think I’m boring my secretly kinky OH

Hi all,
I once had a very vanilla one-sided (his side of course) sexual relationship for almost 15 years. Before now he was my only sexual partner so that’s all I knew. Now I am with my second sexual partner going on a year. He is much more “experienced” than I. At first sex was great, it was very vanilla but we definitely took care of each other. We had sex all the time, and he made me feel things I thought were only in the movies. Fast forward to now, and I think I’m boring him to death. I have a suspicion that he is kinkier than he has ever let on, simply because he doesn’t want to make me uncomfortable. He has mentioned little bits and prices of his past experiences in conversation. I feel this way because we seem to have, not just ended the honeymoon phase, but fallen off the honeymoon cliff. There has been almost nothing for a couple months now. I want to be braver and try new things but after my last relationship……. I get all in my own head if I even let out a sigh of pleasure in the heat of the moment (it was a no no in the past). I don’t know how to approach the subject and open up a bit to new things. I don’t want to be boring, I’m just kinda stuck?:woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

I think it all comes down to communication, you both need to have a chat about what you like, want, fantasies ect. I might even be worth having a look together at the LH site so you can look at things together. Just keep an open mind and tell your partner the same. Communication is the key.

3 Likes

@wannabeabravegirl hi talking is where you need to start try and be honest about what you might like or to explore don’t set any targets, just try and be open honest and express what you both would like to try and take it from there ! We all learn new things it’s all about giving it ago if you don’t like it they tell him no it’s not for you same thing in return no body gets everything right straight away ! Good luck don’t put pressure on each other though :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

You and @steve19 are right and if I’m being honest I knew talking was the answer. I guess I was just trying to avoid the awkwardness of brining it up. I’m a bit nervous to find out just exactly how “kinky” he has been and what things he may still be interested in. Thanks folks, I appreciate the input. :hugs:

I’m going to beat the communication drum because thats really what is going to get you feeling better.

But I have to ask, do you want to try things because you want to or because you feel the disconnect with your partner?
There are things from my past relationships that haunt me at times and you have to try to put them out of your head and into the bin where they belong!

Theres a quiz called Carnal Calibration that can help you open up and talk about things you might want to try. It’ll also give you ideas of what you could try. It gives you a link to send to your partner and you can choose to see their answers whether they match yours or not, or to only see the answers that match yours - I’d recommend you choose this option to start off with…baby steps.
But.
I would talk to him first, make sure there isn’t something else going on first. If the rest of the relationship is good then I’d just say that you miss being intimate and you’d like to reignite it and ask if he would like to and say you found a quiz and you want to try some new things if he’s up for it.

5 Likes

Your right, communication will be the key. Im willing to try new things for sure, I believe I have no idea what I’ve been missing out on. I’m just a super introverted shy person and I struggle to initiate things. Everything else between us is pretty great. I think I just need to figure out how to leave the past in the past and climb out of my shell. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I’m definitely going to check out the link you suggested as well. What could it hurt?…… :hugs:

2 Likes

First, pick out something that (s)he mentioned in the past, that intrigues you a bit. Then, after some wine,
'Hi, Babe. Hey, you mentioned (this) a while ago; tell me more about it."

It opens the door, without commuting you to it. And it shows you are interested in their past, and maybe learning from it.

1 Like

I had the same issue, but before I mentioned anything about kinky stuff I asked him if everything was okay outside of sex - it turned out our dry spell was due to multiple other stressors and not necessarily anything to do with me or the sex itself so I would encourage you to talk to him first about how you’ve noticed a change and see what comes from that conversation.

If that goes well it gives you a stepping stone to explore and establish what’s caused the dry spell, and if the flow of conversation works in the appropriate direction that’s when you could mention that you’d like to explore some kinky things and depending on how comfortable you are with him (we obviously don’t know the intricate details of your relationship and how it works) you could bring up what you wrote in your original post which might help him understand you better too.

I hope you get to experience many new and wonderful things! Best of luck (and update us to how it goes!)

2 Likes

The best remedy is to tell him this and say you’d like to be more kinky for him but are nervous in approaching it :slightly_smiling_face: he’ll hopefully understand and help to expand your horizons :smiley:

Also welcome to the forum :partying_face: