Helpful tips for Lovehoney forum use! (old)

Hello all 

So I have been working on making the search function easier in the forum.

It is a long old process as it involves removing some super old irrelevant and duplicate posts.

There were 2000 plus pages to do this on so do stick with me on this one. Still working my way through them! 

In the meantime...

I have found some workarounds and ways to manage using the forum with its current search functionality. 

Tip one: Install Grammarly for Google  Chrome. It checks spelling and grammar. Getting the spelling correct, especially on the thread title is super helpful to the search functionality.  You can get it for windows & Microsoft office too. 

Tip Two: Use a keyword in your thread title to what your topic is about. The search function works through a one-word search so if you have a keyword your thread will be easier to locate.

Tip Three: Use google search to find a thread. By typing keywords followed by Lovehoney Forum, it shall locate threads with those specific words for you. Click the link and viola.

![](upload://aaUL92aVfj4iKrkP0mwU5xKgEYU.gif)

Do add your own tips and advice for using this forum ![heart|20x20](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif "heart")

Thanks Leanne 😁

Good old Crazy Eyes, roll on June. Thanks Leanne 😘

Doing some great work Leanne! Im finding navigating a lot easier lately thanks for all the hard work you put in to make it easier for us! ![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif)

Great tips Leanne.Thanks so much.Your efforts are appreciated.

Thanks leanne for tip 3 thats so much easier now,

Maybe LH could incorparate a google link into top of the forum for ease of use ;)

Just joined the community. These posts are great. Cant wait to get more in to the community. I only just joined the community today ☺☺

thanks leanne !

Posted in another thread by VioletWolf: 

Looking for the upload photo feature on product pages? 

"Take your orientation lock off and turn your phone to landscape and the upload link will show on theleft-handd side"

Thaks VK ![yes|20x20](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif "yes")

I’ve seen a few cases of people renaming hyperlinks, what is the format used on this forum to do that? I have tried a couple options but they didn’t work.

KingGrthy wrote:

I’ve seen a few cases of people renaming hyperlinks, what is the format used on this forum to do that? I have tried a couple options but they didn’t work.

If you type out what you wish to use as a named link and then highlight it, click the world button with the links and then add the link there. 

Thank you xx

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

KingGrthy wrote:

If you type out what you wish to use as a named link and then highlight it, click the world button with the links and then add the link there.

Hmm no world button on my phone, even viewing desktop site, I’ll have to have a look on pc.

For those that are ever looking for the icon, I am talking about. Here it is: 

![](upload://bIrjHvKhwsGk9VU4nb03WIadfRR.png)

This is PC only I am afraid. 

Thank you Leanne, I’m normally on my phone but never spotted that link on my pc! Thanks for pointing it out, I hate unedited links.

I did not know this thread existed. I shall be putting all my Top Tips in here from now on. Let's start with the paragraph one to kick us off. 🙂

For those people on the mobile version who are still losing paragraphs when they publish their posts you can manually force in the paragraph formatting by using the <p> and </p> codes at the start and end of the desired paragraphs. It is a bit of a faff but it does make long posts readable again. 🙂

Here's an example:

An Example:

<p> Bla Bla Bla First paragraph Bla Bla Bla </p>

<p> Bla Bla Bla Second paragraph Bla Bla Bla </p>

Some other useful codes are <strong> </strong> for bold, <em> </em> for italics, and <u> </u> for underline.

Hope this is useful 🙂

underline*

Underline only seemed to work from the editing box. It would seem even the workarounds can be a bit glitchy. 🙂

Thanks Ian chimp, been wondering why I couldn’t do paragraphs, I’ll be using this top tip from now on.... thanks

No worries. It could all change the next time they update the forum but at least it works for now. 🙂

Another workaround for some people is to type up your message, post it, and then click 'edit post' and you can then add paragraphs normally in there and they'll stay there once you click 'Update Post'. The update text box is incredibly small on my phone but if I zoom in I can drag the bottom right corner to expand it to a more usable size (this also works on the regular 'post a reply to this thread' box too, but that's already a decent size so it's less useful). Unfortunately the forum doesn't like editing posts with hyperlinks in or certain special characters, so this method isn't always possible.

Thank you so much Leanne. x Really helpful stuff. 😊