Helpful tips for Lovehoney forum use! (old)

I've been reminded of another one from an old thread. ๐Ÿ™‚ It's geared towards reviews on the main site but also works with anything with page numbers in the address (eg skipping through forum pages, or going through all of your posts from your account page).

A top tip workaround for getting to the negative reviews at the bottom of the stack is to manually enter the page number into the review address. It requires a little bit of guesswork but you generally get 5 reviews to a page so you can ballpark it and then refine after you see where you've landed.

The Classic Wand with its 1501 reviews is a great example. If you click on the 'see all reviews' link you can then type in your own number in place of the '1' and get to the end without having to click through all 300-odd pages.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20464&ReviewPage=1#customer_reviews

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20464&ReviewPage=300#customer_reviews

Thanks Leanne. Thanks Ian. Though I've never managed to make the 'edit post' button work on my phone

Gran wrote:

Thanks Leanne. Thanks Ian. Though I've never managed to make the 'edit post' button work on my phone

There's a possibility the edit option will show up if you flip to the desktop version of the site in your mobile's browser. Gosig has this issue with the quote function and I know they're often connected. Different browsers have different ways of doing it so you may have to google it if you don't already know where that setting is. I'm not 100% sure this will work but it's worth a pop. ๐Ÿ™‚

(though also remember that there's only a 5 minute window to edit after you've posted. So you'll have to be quick. ๐Ÿ™‚)

Thanks, Ian. Great tips!

I've just popped this in another thread but it seems a good idea to post it properly here too. ๐Ÿ™‚

When an item goes out of stock there's an option to receive a one-off email alert telling you when it's back in stock. Normally this is a really obvious box just under the product photo and price, but occasionally it appears only when you click on the blue 'sold out' text next to the item listing. This is actually a sneaky little hyperlink that'll bring up a pop up box with the email reminder in.

This version is usually on things like lingerie where they've sold out of one size but not others, and it can also appear on the pages for items about to be discontinued (and if they don't restock it they will send you an email saying that too, so they'll let you know either way ๐Ÿ‘).

Hope this is useful. ๐Ÿ™‚

I have issues also with edit box and the paragraphs but try best on here. Had found the email one for stock useful a lot x

Here's another one ๐Ÿ™‚

If you get taken to a strange screen when you try and post a message to a thread saying that it's been blocked and you need to contact customer services, etc this is usually because it's having trouble processing the quoted text within your post (for some obscure reason). If you simply rewrite your message and post it without the quoted text this can often solve it.

This can also happen when submitting reviews. In that case it's usually because you've used brackets, so rewording and removing those can then allow you to get it past that 'blocked screen'. (credit to Smultron for figuring that out ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚)

If these tips don't work for you check to see if you've used any other special characters like an & or an *, etc and try rewording/rewriting/removing those.

Hope this works. ๐Ÿ™‚

I hope you're getting a commission Ian!

Now that the Social Tab is gone, I can't find a way to click directly to the tester list. If it makes it easier for some of you, here's the direct link: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/testers/

Ian Chimp wrote:

Gran wrote:

There's a possibility the edit option will show up if you flip to the desktop version of the site in your mobile's browser. Gosig has this issue with the quote function and I know they're often connected. Different browsers have different ways of doing it so you may have to google it if you don't already know where that setting is. I'm not 100% sure this will work but it's worth a pop. ๐Ÿ™‚

(though also remember that there's only a 5 minute window to edit after you've posted. So you'll have to be quick. ๐Ÿ™‚)

Apologies Gran, are you still having problems with the edit from your phone? Is it an I-phone? If so,accessing the desktop version of the site should indeed solve it (click on the refresh icon in the address banner at the top of the page. It should prompt you with the option to select desktop site, hit that, and voila! you should see the option to 'quote post' on the blue banner on each person's posts.) Hope it works.

Smultron wrote:

Now that the Social Tab is gone, I can't find a way to click directly to the tester list. If it makes it easier for some of you, here's the direct link: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/testers/

The tester list has been added to the top of the forum pages: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/

Just click on the sex toy tester tab :)

Smultron wrote:

You can also find it under the โ€˜Your accountโ€™ tab. Scroll down to the header that says Lovehoney Community and thereโ€™s a hyperlink for the same phrase underneath that takes you to the community page where you can find the testers link, forums, reviews and photos :)

Leanne and NatandTom, thank you!! =)

The 'what's new' in each category appears to have gone too.

lovingnewtoys wrote:

The 'what's new' in each category appears to have gone too.

It's now on the home page for each category.

Ian Chimp wrote:

I've been reminded of another one from an old thread. ๐Ÿ™‚ It's geared towards reviews on the main site but also works with anything with page numbers in the address (eg skipping through forum pages, or going through all of your posts from your account page).

A top tip workaround for getting to the negative reviews at the bottom of the stack is to manually enter the page number into the review address. It requires a little bit of guesswork but you generally get 5 reviews to a page so you can ballpark it and then refine after you see where you've landed.

The Classic Wand with its 1501 reviews is a great example. If you click on the 'see all reviews' link you can then type in your own number in place of the '1' and get to the end without having to click through all 300-odd pages.

I've just noticed they've now got 10 reviews to a page (at least on the mobile version) so bear that in mind when you do your page maths for this tip. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Ian Chimp wrote:

Ian Chimp wrote:

I've just noticed they've now got 10 reviews to a page (at least on the mobile version) so bear that in mind when you do your page maths for this tip. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚
What's frustrating though is you can no longer click on the author of a review now to read other reviews they have written. If I am looking at a new item, read a review that gets me interested I normally click on the author to see what else they have reviewed to see if we have similar taste.

I saw that too. I wasn't sure if it was a glitch or if they were going to blame it on GDPR again. ๐Ÿ™‚

There is a workaround but it's a bit fiddly. You can manually add a user name to the end of 'www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/members/' to take you straight to their public profile but it handles some characters oddly. So 'K&c30's' becomes 'kandc30s', and 'Ian Chimp' is 'ian-chimp', etc. It doesn't care about capitals but you would need to be aware of how to adapt the special characters, add a hyphen instead of a space, or miss out punctuation so it's not idiot proof.

It might be useful on occasion, or maybe it gets easier with a little practice. ๐Ÿ™‚

It's cut a bit of the address text off on my screen, but if you flip your screen to landscape you'll be able to see it in full (or you can change to the Desktop version in your phone's browser settings and that works too). ๐Ÿ‘

Thank You Iโ€™m Quite new to the community group