Hi and Help : )

Hey everyone : )

I was surfing the web trying to find a solution to a problem I have and came across this website and looking at the forums, and at how helpful and open people are, I thought this be the best place to ask and hopefully get some advice without sounding like a total plank : )

Basically I have been a one woman man and since we 1st started having sex, she has been on the pill so I have never had to wear a condom. My GF recently told me that she isn't comfortable taking the pill anymore after taking it for 4 years and wants to come off it and I totally respect that. Problem is, I have zero experience with Condoms,

I couldn;t brng myself to go to ASDA and buy them so thought I'd see if I can buy online and stumbled onto this website and saw the forums and thought heres my chance to get ask questions with embarrassing myself.

Firstly are they as bad as people say they are in terms of loss of feeling?? Also, we like to make sex last so often I would pull out and use hand to stay hard but I can't see how that is possible if wearing a condom???

If amyone could help, it be much appreciated : )

Hello & welcome!

LoveHoney has a great variety of condoms, but I believe you're looking for a sensitive type of condom and you can find a variety of those here: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex/condoms/sensitive-condoms/ . Personally, I find Durex Elite great because 1. my OH says they feel great & 2. they are extra lubricated and feel great for me as well. Also, the reviews on other similar products can help you as well.

Also, you can use a cock ring if you want to make your sessions last longer (vibrating cock rings are also great): http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/s.cfm?term=cock+rings&x=0&y=0

I hope this helps

OK here it is from a guy, I hate condoms but they do have their uses, unfortunatly i cannot say they dont dull feeling, they do. that said on the ocasions i have had to use them, i have always found the durex range better.

do you have any plans for children? if not i would recomend the snip as an alternative.

Hello.

I'm not a fan of condoms personally however plenty of people love the various things they can offer, I miss the skin to skin contact, warmth and wetness that you don't feel so much with condoms.

If we do have to use condoms for what ever reason we tend to use these:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=2622

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=18220

You cannot normally get them in the UK but I've found them the most sensitive for me and my partner. Putting on a condom is fairly easy, you will find instructions in the box but I will just add to make certain you squeeze the air out the tip before apply. Perhaps use a tiny toothpaste amount on the inside at the end to lubricate your tip during sex and increase your sensations. Condoms are really not that bad, there is much more to sex than the things that change with a condom but it will feel different.

Remember there are also other forms of contraception however each type has different benefits and risks that can be considered.

Good luck!

hello and welcome to the forums!

if youve not worn condoms before i think your best bet would be to buy some cheap ones to practise opening them and putting them on.

for me personaly i hate it when me and my OH have to use condoms as we both cant really feel anything and thats using the durex feather lite ones.

sex with a condom isnt amazing when your used to having sex with each other with out them, IMHO.

But if you dont want any sproglets there your best bet, practise putting them on and invest in a cock ring, as if your used to sex with out you might find you go soft wearing a condom.

Dxx

ps would just like to point out that i do and think everyone should use condoms with a new partner, untill youve both been togther for a long time and have both had STI tests that say your both clean and are happy ro rely on the pill ect ect to stop any sproglets.

diamonds wrote:

hello and welcome to the forums!

if youve not worn condoms before i think your best bet would be to buy some cheap ones to practise opening them and putting them on.

Doh! This point was in my head but didn't make it to the page....

Good advice there!

They do affect feeling but it's a trade off. Condoms/babies.

You have to be careful when using them. They are effective, when used very correctly, however if you use them like most people do (ie- have half a session then stick it on) they are only 85% effective. That's quite a low number if you're not interested in testing the condoms/baby trade off theory. Plus it makes longer sessions more awkward if you are needing to use a new one.

I dislike condoms but do not want to use hormonal contraception any more, so we still use them. There are massive side effects to contraception like the pill. Does your girlfriend suffer with her periods? Has she looked into a non-hormonal coil? A lot of women have problems with these (I would not consider them) but it's the sort of thing that is great for some people.

Practice first with them, though it doesn't take long to get the hang of them.

You didn't go into much detail about why she doesn't want to be on the pill any more, but might another method of hormonal contraception be an option? I could never do the pill - I'm way too forgetful and I'd end up pregnant in no time!

Might be worth booking an appointment with a GP or at your local GUM clinic to talk about your options. Going to such an appointment doesn't mean you have to go with a hormonal method or anything permanent. It's perfectly fine to go there and then decide to stick with condoms, but it might help you to be well informed about all your options.

Ecksvie wrote:

You didn't go into much detail about why she doesn't want to be on the pill any more, but might another method of hormonal contraception be an option? I could never do the pill - I'm way too forgetful and I'd end up pregnant in no time!

Might be worth booking an appointment with a GP or at your local GUM clinic to talk about your options. Going to such an appointment doesn't mean you have to go with a hormonal method or anything permanent. It's perfectly fine to go there and then decide to stick with condoms, but it might help you to be well informed about all your options.

Plus they'll give you free condoms, so it's win-win! :)

Hi! Welcome to the forums. The best condoms I have ever used are the new durex 'real feel' condoms. They have a different texture to other condoms and are the closest I have ever found to not wearing one. Some condoms are truly awful but I think it's a case of trial and error. If you are really unsure, a lot of brands including durex have a variety style box so you can see what you like and what you don't. I hope that helps! X

No need to be shy about buying them, it's tantamount to showing off to the world how much sex you're having. If you are a bit shy, almost all supermarkets stock them so you can stick a pack in with your groceries rather than make a special trip.

For extra fun, loudly ask an assistant in the shop if they do bigger packs because 12 might not last the weekend

haha, or maybe ask if they have any larger sizes

hey everyone - thanks for all your responses. have ordered some condoms off here so see what happens : )

another question - bit silly - but i believe you av to pull forskin back then put condom on but to now i've never pulled it back fully wen avin sex, it just goes back once I ve penetreted her. I'm guessin this wouldnt work with a condom???

You have never pulled your foreskin back? Not washing or masturbating? I'd pull it back to make sure all feels comfortable but still back, don't hurt it!

Here is a good explanation:

http://www.ripnroll.com/proper.htm

Any further questions don't hesitate to ask.

Luke_Cor wrote:

hey everyone - thanks for all your responses. have ordered some condoms off here so see what happens : )

another question - bit silly - but i believe you av to pull forskin back then put condom on but to now i've never pulled it back fully wen avin sex, it just goes back once I ve penetreted her. I'm guessin this wouldnt work with a condom???

Don't think so! Just put your foreskin wherever it feels comfy then squeeze the air bubble out of the condom, place it over the head of the penis and roll it down before releasing the tip of the condom. It'll probably pull your foreskin down anyway but you don't have to pull it back yourself.

As an aside, it's good practise to pull your foreskin back when showering just to clear up any build up known as smegma collecting there which can hold bacteria External Media

Adx

Another good link:

http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/2276.html

lol - I should have been more clear. I do pull it all way back when I shower etc so it is fully clean : ) I just meant that wen havin sex, i don't pull it back fully before entering. if that makes sense. I was just wondering if need to pull it back fully before puttn condom on but i guess it will pull back itself wen puttin it on

cheers for link wanda - didnt realise forskin can move whilst condom was on

Luke_Cor wrote:

lol - I should have been more clear. I do pull it all way back when I shower etc so it is fully clean : ) I just meant that wen havin sex, i don't pull it back fully before entering. if that makes sense. I was just wondering if need to pull it back fully before puttn condom on but i guess it will pull back itself wen puttin it on

Not fully back, just enough to comfortably expose the head.

Adx

Luke_Cor wrote:

cheers for link wanda - didnt realise forskin can move whilst condom was on

You're welcome!

Oooo... I was a bit confused and Ad also I think. Was not sure if you menat pull it super tight down and pop it on before it springs up!External Media

Yeah, it is different to sex in that way. I'd also suggest a small amount of lube in the tip. It helps it glide around under your foreskin and will feel better. Ad made a good point about comfort, pull it back and roll down, it should not be painful or uncomfortable when putting it on.External Media

Happy fucking!