What's it like?

I've only really had sex with condoms but people have told me that going bareback (they're still protected with the pill etc.) is a lot better, moreover, the people I have had heard this from are mainly girls.

Do people think there's much of a difference?

I think there's a difference, I would agree that it's a lot better without a condom. All my female partners have preferred it too skin on skin, only using a condom when absolutely necessary.
It's best to wear them though if you have an active sex life with different partners.

I notice a difference, but not that significant. I think it might depend on what kind of condoms you use. Some are much better than others.

If you find a condom that works well for you, nope. No real difference. We use the EXS air ones for the most part and neither of us can tell he's wearing one.

Put a Durex on him, though, and the itching burning stinking rubbery doom makes a hell of a difference.

So yeah. Good condom=must.

I had the snip after we had our second child and not looked back since.
Both my wife and i enjoy the sensations much more without a condom.
A particular favorourite for us both (which didn't work well with the teat of a condom) is for me to rub the head of my cock on her clitoris, either as a part of foreplay or sometimes we both orgasm as a result.

Personally I find there's a little difference with and without, I made my ex wear a condom our entire relationship but I don't use one with my current partner, the skin on skin contact makes it feel much more emotional to me and I'd only do that with someone I deeply care about.

If you're sleeping with different people then a condom is a must, even if you're only sleeping with one partner I know some coles who use them because they don't like the idea of skin on skin, it's personal preference really. As long as everyone is safe and enjoys their preference it's all good ^_^

The only difference I have found is that the sensation is slightly lessened, but that isnt necessarily a bad thing, as it gives your partner a chance to build up to orgasm (before youve got too excited, lol).

Physically, for a man, I'm guessing with a condom on your foreskin will be fully rolled back (and held there), whereas without there will be certain amount of movements of it with penetration, (slightly like masturbation) which may heighten it also.

Would any women like to comment on this (hope I've explained it well enough, but not too sure)?

All been interesting/diverse perspectives :) Thanks so far

I think a condom is definately noticible. It makes the whole thing feel less. I'm not a big fan but it might be worth the loss of sensation in some cases :)

My partner notices a huge difference and I notice a small difference. I imagine that a lot of women would agree with me when I say that its better without but I love not having to deal with the awkwardness of clean up when you do use condoms - it makes the experience better in some ways I think.

I don't really feel condoms. I know my other half would prefer it without but we buy good condoms that fit well and are really thin. I think the reason I enjoy it without is more than the thought... skin on skin is nice with someone you love.

I have found myself more conscious about wearing one initially, but as soon as I was inside my girlfriend I had forgotten about wearing it.
I do think there is a stronger emotional connection not wearing one (in my opinion) but that might be me looking back with rose tinted glasses.
I agree that clean up is easier 😉

Persnoally I much prefer the feeling of not wearing them. Sometimes with them on i have struggled to keep it up but even when that wasn't an issue i didn't feel as much. Because of that my ex prefered it without as i could struggle to get into it as much so she missed the connection.

Having said that, some situations meant it was better to wear them and if you ever have a 'scare' you will be more than happy to wear them.

We wear condoms every session BUT we have sessions where we go without for a bit and its definitely preferred by us both but you have to be careful obviously in so many ways.

Even the "skin" condoms that are meant to be so thin you can't feel them, you can. It does help with taking sensation away so can normally last longer. But I do prefer sex without them, but obviously need to know the person and also trust them.

I prefer without, because it somehow adds to the emotional connection and togetherness. Bit less clinical. Less than a week until my vasectomy now! 😃

Outside of a relationship though, I've always used barrier protection.

From a male point of view, it's a lot different ;)

Condoms feel uncomfortable and awkward sometimes , skin on skin is so much softer and nicer and less friction.

If your in a long term relationship bareback is the way to go!

Throbinhood wrote:

If your in a long term relationship bareback is the way to go!

Unless you dont trust her to be on the pill ;)
(but thats another story, maybe for another thread)

I love it when he goes bareback, feels so much better than with a condom!

I was sterilised 20 years ago.....I cant remember what it feels like with a condom ! x