Hi from a newbie - how to get partner more dominant

Hi there, been lurking for a few months and plucked up the courage to post! Firstly, enjoy reading this forum from the sex tips to the more ‘day to day’ discussions. It seems like a really well balanced community.

I’m male, in my mid 30’s and been with my girlfriend for 3 years. As my name suggests I’m naturally submissive in bed and slowly and nervously introduced this into our sex life, my partner indulges in this which I’m extremely grateful for but A lot of the time if we agree before she’ll be in charge she’ll just push me on the bed and get on top of me and whilst it’s great I kind of want a bit more kink and foreplay / role play .

I’ve bought a collar and lead (huge turn on for me) and restraints as well as some black leather type dresses for her which whilst she’ll use I sort of have to prompt her to use them which kind of loses the headspace of Dom v sub.

Any tips on how to get her to embrace it? Sorry if this sounds rather vain and self indulgent. I love her to bits and we have other more vanilla sex and I make sure we do activities which satisfies her desires too. I guess the answer will be talk to her but I don’t want to make her feel upset that what we’re doing currently isn’t enough.

Apologies for the ramble!

3 Likes