Hold Up Query

I have a hold up query:

Now I'm not talking about bank robbers, I'm talking about stocking hold ups, lol.

Why is it that when wearing some hold ups they slip down very easily and some stay perfectly in place all the time?

Any input from you wonderful people would be apprecciated xx

I think it's a lot to do with inside lining around the top part, some of them are really tacky and hold up brilliantly for me but then others have little or no means of staying in place.
It could also be a sizing difference perhaps?

Sometimes the best thing to do is pair up the not-so-great-holdups with a suspender belt, at least that way you can still get some use out of them!! :)

KittyStar wrote:

I think it's a lot to do with inside lining around the top part, some of them are really tacky and hold up brilliantly for me but then others have little or no means of staying in place.
It could also be a sizing difference perhaps?

Sometimes the best thing to do is pair up the not-so-great-holdups with a suspender belt, at least that way you can still get some use out of them!! :)

This is what I do with the ones that seem to roll back down again. I use a suspender belt with them. I have no idea why some stay up and others don't. I have some with an elasticated band at the top which stay up perfectly though. Here's a link to them - http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21011

x

Have ordered some suspender belts to preserve the life of the hold ups :)

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28120

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28113

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=13934

Now they have arrived all I can say is these suspender belts are superb and so so sexy :)

I think the stickiness can deteriorate after a few washes. Moisturiser etc on your legs will obviously affect them too

Definitely no creams or anything on your legs; definitely keep them well hairless, and if you have fleshy thighs, make sure you buy them big enough or they curl up from the tension and then roll down.

That said, some work better than others, and all tend to work better after washing (NO CONDITIONER!). I put mine in with the undies and programme an extra rinse to be sure all the detegent gets washed out. If you're washing them and using fabric conditioner that may be why they fail.

Brands I like (bearing in mind they change sources sometimes, so you never can tell): John Lewis, Tesco (usually), Falke (if I'm feeling expecetionally rich and horny at the same time). All need to be long enough and not too tight. If you find some with more silicone on them they're likely to work better.

Using a suspender belt is great if you can get the clips on, but I can't bring myself to wear a non-matching suspender so I can only do that if I wear a complete matching set of bra, pants and suspender. How sad is that for a bloke, eh?

Nothing sad there MrPink :)

I have had hold ups from Marks and Spencers always falling down, Tesco's never seem to fall down and I've tried a few other brands.

Some fall down easily, some stay up all the time.

Only ever wash mine with Ecover.

Do have some suspender belts which are nice for when I'm out and about.

As for hairless legs, I'm going to get mine waxed this week so hope fully that will help even more.

Thanks for all of the above replies to my query :)

i really want to get a round to buying the holdup glue you can buy its supposed to be good. i find it depends on how you wash and take care of them also it depends on the qauility i once bpought some from matalan and they lasted about 6 hours! i much prfer wearing stockings and suspenders but i sometimes struggle to find stockings that fit me properly!

I've only worn hold-ups once and they were a right pain in the arse xD. It's good that you appear to have identified the better quality versions - I may try again.

I personally think that a nice set of suspenders though can really complete a sexy lingerie ensemble. But, then again, each to their own!

Well, if you can find hold-ups the right size and a suspender with metal clips thst will work on them, that's the best look, in my opinion, since the hold-ups sit right and don't pull the suspender down so much. Good in bed, too - ordinry stockings can end up in some very undignified places after a bit of a tumble!

Even though I don't use them very often, I do buy suspnders if they're psrt of a set and they look reasonably well desinged and made. Probably 15% or so of my lingerie sets have suspenders.