Holiday ideas please

Me and the o/h are planning to go away this July but dont really know where to go. We plan to go somewhere self catering and like a mix of sun worshipping, doing some day trips / cultural things and also a bit of partying and drunken sillyness. And maybe a couple of days scuba diving too.

Anyone got any ideas of what resort to go to? Think we need to keep it in Europe to keep costs down.

Thanks!

I went to Lanzarote despite my initial thoughts on the place but actually turned out to be pretty decent. We were a 30 min bus ride away from the main club strip (costa del carmen), or Blackpool on E's as we called it but everything else was spot on and very good value for money.

We stayed in Costa Teguise resort and couldn't fault it!

We were two females, aged 21 and 27. Wanted a mix of things just like you on a £300 budget pp. inc flights, tax, accommodation and trips. We spent an additional £80 whilst there on drink. But we were all inclusive

Teletext holidays is bang tidy for good deals!

and we used this

http://www.discoverlanzarote.com/resorts.asp

That depends very much on how much you want to spend. South America (Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay) is like a paradise to me. Lots of sunshine, nice people and plenty to do. Flights between each country are really cheap and you can also use the ferry or even buses to travel in and out of the countries. You have big cities like Buenos Aires and Montevideo, little beach towns, night life in Punta del Este (uruguay) and historical cities like Colonia del Sacramento. Most *** hotel rooms will be around £20-£40.I think that a holiday around there would cost you £3000-£4000 but what an adventure!

Oh!! I just read you were thinking around Europe, but nevermind...I hope you do have fun in your holidays!! What about Prague

Thanks Ms HKM that is really usefu, l will look into Lanzarote.

Soniabel that sounds amazing! But as we had a fairly expensive holiday a few months ago (Dubai and Thailand) this next hol needs to be a bit more low budget.

Love Prague! Went there last year for o/h 30th birthday.

Cyprus is lovely and should have all the things you are looking for. Haven't been there for a while because travelling with my eldest is a nightmare. We stayed in Protarus the first time and loved it. Wasn't keen on Paphos but the Troodos mountains are amazing, if you go walking you will need decent footwear but the scenery is worth the effert.

xGGx

saucey21 wrote:

i love greece and the people are lovely and really need your custom right now.

I'm with you on that Saucey21.

Greek islands are my favourite place too - my favourite is Corfu.

- Tauster - I think you would like the resort of Sidari, plenty of SC apartments, great beaches, and loads of night life.

Does it have to be July? Off-peak is usually cheaper, so a date change might open up more possibilities.

europe is not all that cheap, going long haul can be the same price, we went to mexico 3 years ago and cost the same amount if we went to europe, so dont be frightened of long haul its not much dearer, we only do long haul hols now and also to experiance diff parts of the world

Sorrento in Italy is beautiful, or a tour of mainland Greece =)

If you haven't already, head to Egypt!

Best diving in the world (well, on par with the Great Barrier Reef apparently... but much closer) and not really much different in price to travelling in Europe, plus lots of cool day trips to do (Pyramids, Valley of the kings, offroading out in to the desert to experience Bedouin life). I've been twice, and was absolutely blown away by the snorkelling (it was before I did my PADI open water) - even with a snorkel I saw a 3m wide eagle ray!!!

Although in July it will be scorching, so I guess it depends on your heat tolerance. I'm not good in the heat really, but I went in June and still had a great time.

My other half an I are about to book our flights to the US... I've never been that side of the Atlantic so I'm v excited. We're flying to San Francisco, roadtripping down to LA via Yosemite National Park, doing the Hollywood thing in LA with my friends who live there, then roadtripping out to the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas for the last few days of the hol. Not going to be cheap, but it'll be the holiday of a lifetime. Eeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Malta is lovely, and quite affordable, not too far from the UK, beautiful hot weather (I went in late June), lots of apartments, really relaxed, you can visit the Islands and the historical sights, visit the blue lagoon (a beauty), go to Sicilly for the day, and its all so compact. Really recommended x

I love to travel and have been to some good places. For what you say you’re after Cyprus would be a good choice so would southern Turkey, perhaps Kas. Turkey is an Islamic nation but liberal so you can still have plenty of drinks.

The best place I have been for scuba is Costa Rica and its great for fun as well. Its cheap to. The other option is Vietnam (the best country I have travelled to) but I understand you want to stay in Europe (Turkey kinda counts lol)

Take a look at ‘G-Adventures’ wed site as you may be surprised how far you can go on the money you have.

Amalfi... the best Coastline in the world !

tunisia is god and cheap when there.

as someone has already said though it is well worth looking at some mid to long haul destinations as they can work out brilliant value, especially if you book direct and avoid travel agents

cheers

Capps

Thanks all! Certainly much more help than the woman in the travel agent that I spoke to was!

I know long haul can be good value for money but we have already done a fair bit of that so this time want to stay closer to home.

Thanks again.

Hi Tauster how about trying the Greek islands so many to choose from all different. Also try all inclusive it keeps costs down in the Euro zone. Good luck hope this helps x

A work colleague has been to Bulgaria for a few years and loves the place, cheap to get to, cheap to stay, great scenery & weather.

To make money go further to aid budget just avoid the eurozone where possible

how about ireland?

fistinglover69 wrote:

how about ireland?

Hehehe :)