Homemade movies

Hi we would like to make our own movies . Have tried phone and iPads but get angles and distance right is hard. Also want to set up for wife’s solo sessions I carnt be trusted as I always end up joining in :joy:

1 Like

I just use a tripod and my phone, sometimes one of us holds the phone for when we do things that needs a closer look.

2 Likes

Tripod and light ring works well and ideal for close up work - as for joining in - just do it :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I used either a tripod or a flexi phone holder they have an extending arm type thing and can clip into different furniture

4 Likes

I use my phone on a tripod or a sucker mount.

Or my dsrl camera

2 Likes

You can never have too many tripods, depending what we were doing we would have both of our phones recording for different views.

1 Like

Tripods or a flex arm depending on your recording device.

there is something to be said for a proper video camera tho, one you can output the video to a monitor that way you can see what’s being recorded, know you are in frame and can make adjustments on the fly as it were. nothing than worse than having a great session that wasn’t captured correctly, frame, focus, etc.

1 Like

I would suggest an octopus mini tripod , I have used one for years during motorcycling and bedroom . You can wrap them around anything handy . Here is my thread of photography . The Little Thread of Photo and Video tips and tricks

I also would say a tripod and a beauty halo light would be useful to invest in :wink:

My wife and I are genuinely thinking of filming ourselves (not for public, just for ourselves).
My wife will be a little timid though - anyone got any tips or pointers that might help?
We’ve got 2 halo lights and phone holders to go with them.

3 Likes

its something im thinking more about pitching the idea to my mrs… just for self pleasure material!

Go for it!
It’s a bit of fun.
We did some filming a while back with phones and ipads.
It was hot watching it back but I kept weirdly staring at the cameras and the microphones are very sensitive on them :rofl: