Honest chat about 'taboo' bodily stuff

@WillC I can understand a lot of your wife’s story, having inflammatory arthritis myself. She sounds like a star!
Everyone finds their own way of dealing with it. I’ve just restarted my injections, and I don’t work because my youngest has severe learning difficulties and complex medical needs. I do voluntary work. Your wife’s fundraising activities sound amazing. Would she post her calendar pics here?
Life isn’t always easy, but look at us all on here, flaunting our stuff and doling out advice! Life is what we make it.
Kudos for the rescue dogs.

1 Like

I will have to ask her, but obviously they’d be heavily censored! I guess like you, you just get used to it, it becomes your norm. It just shows that you never know what others are enduring in their lives and that you should always be kind.

1 Like

Just as the men here never fail to astound me (in a really good way), I’m always surprised to hear how difficult life is and how many ups and downs people go through quietly and in the background on this forum.

I have a disability and a few different pain conditions but being close to my partner (sexually and otherwise) is something I refuse to give up (along with my lifelong wanking habit :grin:). It always helps and makes us feel closer.

Kindness is sadly very underrated. I discovered this when I’d take my disabled mum to her appointments. The difference a bit of kindness shown by some staff compared to the coldness shown by others made a huge difference to the way my mum would be able to cope. I ended up working with some of these people and could never forget they way they treated my mum although they didn’t remember me. I didn’t find it at all strange that the kind ones were great to work with but the cold ones a nightmare.

A bit of kindness and respect doesn’t cost a lot but goes such a long way to make a real difference in some peoples’ lives.

I hope everyone has a peaceful, pain/difficulty-free day.

6 Likes

I haven’t really mentioned my OH’s health here until recently when i thought it might help others going through similar stuff. As a couple it doesn’t define who we are, we live as much of a normal life as possible. But as this forum is very good at giving advice, positivity and support i think some of my perspectives and shared experiences might be useful. So whatever problems members have, don’t be afraid to ask for help or advice from any of us. Whatever your problem there’s likely one of us who can help.

3 Likes

If anyone can think of a better title please let me know :joy:

1 Like

@Lovehoney_Brenna maybe something like “Honest chat about taboo bodily stuff”? That way it can include taboo/embarrassing things that affect everyone?

2 Likes

“It’s Biology, Baby!” :slightly_smiling_face:

I like the sentiment, but I think there’s a better word than ‘baby’. Any suggestions?

It’s biology deal with it?

The bodily functions fanclub?

4 Likes

The BFF? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I’m not sure, but I’m throwing it out there anyway -

Biology \o/

(like ‘Biology 101’ but with a Yay! emoticon :slightly_smiling_face:)

Biology 101 - What’s on the inside counts too :rofl::rofl:

It kind of looks like a drunk “lol”

4 Likes

This is true. :slightly_smiling_face:

How about ‘Biology! Yay! :slightly_smiling_face:’ or ‘De-tabooing Biology’?

Biology De-Mythed
Biology Unwrapped

Blood Slugs and other Tales of the Mysterious

I have no inspiration today. :slightly_smiling_face:

Sounds very Lovecraftian. :grin:

3 Likes

I think HP actually stood for Heavy Period? So this does seem very much his thing. :slightly_smiling_face: And Mrs Chimp has been known to go a bit Cthulu when she forgets to change her HRT patch. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Was gonna say the same as @Ian_Chimp - we tell our little girl its her Vulva…

That’s my plan too - mine are only 4 and nearly 2 - but coming from a biology background it seems pointless to pussy foot around the subject…im goign to try and be open as I can with my kids (obviously not to their detriment)

I still don’t know what a vulva is!

Is it not a Swedish car… no wait that’s a volvo :rofl::rofl:

1 Like