6 Likes

And both are enjoyable!

Volvo - Wikipedia :rofl::rofl:

@Chosen-one :rofl::rofl::grinning: I just thought it was a vagina/ fanny

1 Like

Every day is a school day :+1:
But saying please touch my vulva for me don’t sound right :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I thought Vulva was bottled water that has been filtered through volcanic rock for millions of years, but has a short use by date on the bottle? :thinking:

2 Likes

Close but no cigar @WillC
That’s volvic :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

:clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:
Yay. I’m constantly going on about this with the people around me - so refreshing to hear someone else talking about it, particularly someone who (as far as I know) doesn’t own one! I really hope in the near future it will become the norm to call it a vulva :blush:

1 Like

So let me get this right…your vagina is the hole only?

@Orgasm_Chaser yes basically! Technically the “vagina” is the muscular tube that connects the vaginal opening (the hole you can see on the outside) to the cervix. Vulva is everything you can see externally (so if you were looking at it in a mirror or whatever) - so this would include the vaginal and urethral openings, clit, and the labia.

(Please note I have no medical training this is just how I understand it - I’m more than happy to be corrected if this is wrong at all! :joy:)

Omg so it’s actually taken me 32 years to know about my own anatomy. WHY is this not taught in school?? I mean I personally like to call it a P***y but vulva is much better than vagina

1 Like

I understand that Google is my friend but I’ve never thought of googling it I just thought it was my vagina… end of

So Mrs Sen (48) has missed her last period. She had her usual pre-period headache and stomach cramps, but no flow. The sickly feeling happened daily for about 2 weeks after her period would have normally started (reminded her of morning sickness but she didn’t vomit).

Went to her acupuncturist last week for some back/shoulder treatment and was talking to her about it. Our suspicion was given her age, its likely a sign of menopause. The acupuncturist thought differently and she now has a Dr appointment tomorrow afternoon.

The chances of it being a pregnancy are beyond slim, I had vasectomy 15 or so years ago and at our age, even if the vasectomy had failed, it would be extremely unlucky for her to actually get pregnant.

I’m trying to stay away from Dr Google, the responses are too vast, will wait for the professionals

2 Likes

@Senator Any changes to a regular cycle can be seen as a cause for concern it seems. I’m sure all is fine but worth a chat with the doctor.
Dont be concerned if they order a scan, it’s a common precaution to rule out anything nasty.

@Senator that’s good advice from @Mrs.John. It can be easy to put every little niggle down to age ( I blame menopause for everything! ) but if she’s never missed a period before it might be as well to get check over, it’ll help put your minds at rest.
My GP said the same thing when I mentioned extremely heavy periods at the age of 49 , it’s " your age" kind of thing but a scan revealed that I had fibroids as well as being peri menopausal.

2 Likes

@wildflower … 100% agree. In my case periods had gone haywire. 2 in a month, then nothing, frighteningly heavy then spotting. A scan revealed no issues (thankfully) and they returned to normal. But a good MOT was very reassuring.

1 Like

@Senator - good that Mrs Sen is getting checked out, and if she has had her appointment then I hope all is well.
I had my last period at 42 - it can happen. Shock of my life, as I had a 3 year old and didn’t feel old enough to be menopausal.
There is a good website called Menopause Matters, should either of you want reliable info.

2 Likes

I’ll second that @MsR . It’s amazing how many things are menopause related when you start reading .

2 Likes

Yes, absolutely.
It is a physical, emotional and cognitive journey - a bit like puberty in reverse.

And if it is all unexpected, people won’t have read up in advance.
I’m like a sponge when it comes to finding out info about something I’m interested in… but I was totally unprepared. I thought it all happened age 50+

1 Like