honeymoon

hi pep's my patner and i are getting married in 4 weeks time and were stuck for ideas for the honeymoon, just wondered if you love fokes could think of any where we could stay it must be in the uk though and only for 4 days max. cheers tracy and tom xx

If you enjoy the countryside, why not try Centr Parcs, the one near Longleat is lovely and there a couple more up country

Masons Arms Strawberry Bank Cartmel fell Cumbria.

Fantastic location (lake district) great food rooms and views and nice people too.

We had our first date there in 1982 and have been going ever since

We went to center parcs and it was amazing!.... Although the second time we went to one the acomadation was a bit shoddy.... how about a cottage in north wales or scotland or something?

Don't laugh, but I think my all-time most romantic holiday was 'glamping' in Devon. We were in a Yurt in a big field in the middle of nowhere, looking out over some glorious countryside, only being disturbed by the odd badger & some sheep.

You've got a wood-burning stove so you're not cold, a proper double bed so you're comfortable & few distractions, so you can have some quality time together.

Cumbria, stay in Ambleside so you're near small hikes, shops, decent selection of local pubs & short driving distance to all the decent attractions.

Ooh, gunther! Looks lovely, now I've got to visit & see if it's worth it.

afraidnotscared wrote:

Don't laugh, but I think my all-time most romantic holiday was 'glamping' in Devon. We were in a Yurt in a big field in the middle of nowhere, looking out over some glorious countryside, only being disturbed by the odd badger & some sheep.

You've got a wood-burning stove so you're not cold, a proper double bed so you're comfortable & few distractions, so you can have some quality time together.

This! Some friends of mine stayed in a yert for their honeymoon and they said it was the most romantic thing ever.

In this shitty weather I wouldn't recommend tent camping but a yert would be pretty cool. Or get a little cottage somewhere in Devon?

I'm from Cornwall so could recommend lots of lovely places... but when you get married it will be peak season, Cornwall will be stupidly busy and touristy (yuck!) and very expensive. So perhaps best to avoid it!

MrsJade wrote:

Cumbria, stay in Ambleside so you're near small hikes, shops, decent selection of local pubs & short driving distance to all the decent attractions.

Ooh, gunther! Looks lovely, now I've got to visit & see if it's worth it.

Mrs Jade get there before 12 noon it is very popular, the view from outside is fabulous, my wife has it as a screen saver they have rooms and also cottages in the valley

Ive been married twice and on neither occasion had a honeymoon =S, just a night without the kids.

Depends what you fancy - Yurts are great - as is North Devon, but if UK summer continues as a wash out maybe you'd prefer a hotel? A spa perhaps - jacuzzi, swimming pool (again centre parcs and such like have spas, and log cabins, outdoor heated pools - dusk a heated outdoor pool in the summer rain...) or crown spa hotel scarborough - balcony views over the bay, spa facilities in the hotel.. or check out the web for ideas http://www.101honeymoons.co.uk/honeymoon-destinations-packages-in-uk/ have fun, and don't forget your LH lingerie and toys!!