How do I? Advice wanted!

So, I have a partner and our sex life is really great.... She says that I please her and I always love to attend to her every need. She has asked me several times what I like, and I do tell her, but I'm having real difficulty in broaching the subject - or rather, HOW - to broach subject that I like a bit of latex! I'm not into hoods, gimp masks etc, but she keeps asking me what else I like. As much I reserve myself and can't bring myself to say it, she knows there is something else. That something else, of course, being latex... Like, stockings, gloves etc. How would you broach the subject, and at the same time not feel a bit embarrassed or vulnerable I suppose? I don't know why I do, but I just do. She keeps reassuring me that I can be totally open dn honest, but I'm still finding this difficult. Thank you!

Whenever I want to broach something new that makes me a little nervous I quite often say that I've been wondering about it. "I've been wondering about X lately, and I think I might enjoy it/it might be fun/it sounds pretty sexy, what do you think?" I feel like that opens the door without revealing how invested I am in something. Also means that I can "wonder" again at a later date if necessary! It sounds like your partner is supportive and wants to try new things that you enjoy, and what you're asking isn't extreme, so maybe next time she asks, or if you happen to be talking around the topic anyway, just be brave! Don't be scared to just bite the bullet and get it out there at any time. I've suggested things via text to my OH just cause they popped I to my head. I often ask him if there's anything he wants to try, and it is genuinely super exciting when he suggests something because it means we get to try something new and I get to see the pleasure it brings him. You never know, she might totally love it when you try it and you'll wish you'd said something sooner!

Thanks for your input Cassii! I've never thought of broaching it by saying "I've thought of X" etc. That might be a good way... Thank you. I absolutely love, love, LOVE pleasing her and she will openly ask me to do stuff for her. It's just that when it's the other way around, I feel kinda... I don't know "embarrassed"? that I've asked and I'm getting so much pleasure. It annoys me as it's such a hang up of mine that someone is doing something to please me and it's not ME doing the pleasing... Silly I suppose? She's also the first woman to introduce me to a blow job and have loved it ever since, but I do feel self conscious and takes me a while to relax, even though she tells me just how much she really loves it! So yeah, broaching the "could you wear latex gloves for me one day" is a bit of a huge step for me!

Good advice from Cassii. This isn't my area but I guess the suggestions might be the same anyway - have you thought of buying her, as a gift (nicely wrapped etc if she'd like that), something from the more vanilla end of the scale? If you bought her some latex gloves or stockings, that seems to me to be harmless whatever her tastes and she sounds keen to find out about you, so maybe worth a go? I wouldn't object at all to that sort of gift. I'd probably try it and let my partner down gently if it wasn't for me, but nothing ventured, nothing gained? Make it a gift, give her the choice, see how it goes? Otherwise, drum up the courage to be honest - as she seems to be - and just pick your words and say it. Good luck!

You could just say something like, 'You've got lovely legs, would you try on latex stockings if I bought some? It could be sexy!' She'll either say yes, no or maybe. If you phrase it so she has a choice and no blame if she doesn't want to, then at least you will know and things might move on.

Well to start with she sounds open and she is asking you to be open too. Has she told you about things she would like to try, buy etc? I am lucky and have a wife I can be open with, there have been times when I have had the same dilemma, but have bitten the bullet and gone for it, and she has been open to my ideas, never made me feel silly, and it sounds like your OH would never make you feel silly or uncomfortable.

Is it latex for you, or you'd like to see her in latex?

So, bite the bullet, and suggest something on the soft end of the latex scale, but as the saying goes, "if you don't ask you won't get"

If you're on here( and she knows you're "browsing" ) looking at the lingerie, just happen to mention, what do you think of these? https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19047

and see what her reaction is?

I too can find it very hard to say things even after being together 20+ years, like will you stick your whole hand up my bum, which she now does.

Hampshire Couple you made an interesting comment... I do love the feel of latex, the smell, the shine and I do really think it's the thought of what she'd look like in it... Thanks for all your suggestions. They're all very helpful and have certainly given me ideas and "food for thought" Quiet ones are the worse - I love those knickers!

How about watching Underworld together on DVD and when Kate Beckinsale appears in her latex costume you start to make a growling noise?![](upload://nXzNBAACFMemirV1148YTO7ENey.gif)

Ha ha! I like it, "Collector". I may just try it! She'd look so sexy in a latex catsuit too! However, I'm thinking stockings or gloves might be a good start!

If your really struggling to talk about it, why not creat a wish list of items “might like to try” wish list. Pop a couple of latex items on there and see what she says.

Or of all else fails order her the latex thong and leave it in a gift box on the bed for her to put on.

She sounds supportive, why be ashamed, go for it.

I think you're right Fun Louise... Why should I be ashamed? I don't know why I am really, but just feel this very hard to bring up. I do believe I will get there and you've all given me great ideas. I love her feet and she loves me caressing them, so I'm also thinking the stockings might be a good start too... I'll certainly keep you all posted (if you're interested) as to how I might get on!

So, in less than 24 hours of my last post, we ended up chatting and got onto the subject... I swallowed hard and bit the bullet. She asked if she ever made me feel uncomfortable - and I reassured her I didn't - and I spoke about how much I loved her feet, loved her in tight clothing and how much I'd love to see her in latex, as much as I now felt embarrassed. She replied with the fact she'd like a pair of latex trousers or a latex catsuit, and that we should sort it out! If there's anything I've learned from all this, my partner is trusting, comfortable, understanding and clearly very open! Thank you for the advice people! I have a feeling I might be reviewing latex trousers or a latex catsuit very soon!

Congratulations! So happy it worked out for you both.

I love a happy ending :D

I am still going to rewatch Underworld and growl.

Collector - I'll be growling when my other half is wearing latex! 😂

Hey folks! Thought I’d update you on the “latex story”. I’m pleased to say that it’s really taken off! My lovely lady has really boosted my personal confidence and happily wears elbow length latex gloves and pleasures me with them! I really love her feet and she loves me worshipping them. So much so that she asked me to buy latex socks for her to wear and she’s excited at the thought of wearing them and me pleasuring myself over them. We’ve also now ordered small latex gloves for her to wear. She’s said that she’s really loving it and never thought she’d be into latex herself. It seems we might be ordering more clothing soon for her to slip into! So, I’m really glad that I plucked up the courage, broached the subject and enjoying an even better sex life and confidence boost! I hope my story might encourage others to make the first step and talk to your partner. It’s hard at first, but gets easier once you’ve made the first step!

Glad things worked out for you latex lover