How do I approach this super-gorgeous and very popular guy at my school?

Hi everyone, there is one guy in my college class who started here about a month ago, and I have always been hugely attracted to him, and I would definitely like to approach him and “hang out” with him, so to speak.
However, the problem is that he is so good-looking that practically all other girls are really into him, and it is a bit ridiculous;
they always sit gathered around him and constantly groom themselves for him and flirt with him, give him seductive gazes and compliment him and everything, and I have heard several of them try to invite him to weekend parties and things like that, although I haven’t heard him give any definite answers to that - he mostly seems to look flattered when they bring it up.
Either way, I would really like to approach him, and I know that I am considered cute and pretty and all of that, but I feel a bit discouraged by all those other beautiful girls who are always around him, and a lot of them look like they are crushing on him as well, so I always feel like one of them will snag him at any moment.
Do you know what I can do here?

Hi @telpelauretl

Sorry, I missed this topic 2 days ago, I don’t know why.
Just checking… both you and he are over 18, right? Life on Lovehoney begins at 18.

Assuming so, all I can say is don’t try too hard. Be yourself, be confident in who you are and true to yourself, don’t try to be anyone else as any relationships starting like that won’t work as you’re putting on an act.

Are there any activities you enjoy that are a bit outside the norm? Rock climbing, skating, dance, anything like that? Invite him to something like that, it’s a bit different and he might like to give something new a go if he’s being invited to the same generic things all the times.

Otherwise, just be his friend, dont push dating, he obviously gets lots of that. Be his friend, get to know him as a person and let him get to know you and if romantic feelings develop then great. If not, no loss, it’s not meant to be.