How do I introduce toys to my OH?

New to the LH forum... so HELLO and hope you can help me. I recently bought a vibrator and use it for solo play but would like to use it with my OH. I’m a little nervous about telling him and wanting to use it together. I have thought about playing with it alone and getting “caught” with it but don’t want to hit his feelings or either of us to get embarrassed by it. We really enjoy our sex life and have been trying new things lately. How did you introduce toys into your relationship?

It all depends on how receptive they are to try new things personally I would just show it to them and be like I would like to try this with you and share something that is very personal

Try offering it to him so that he can use it on you. That's something I really enjoy doing and he's unlikely to feel threatened (if that;s a worry for you) if he's the one giving you all the pleasure.

You coud use it on him too. A vibrator on the underside of his glans will work wonders.

Great suggestions, Ill give them a go. Thank you!

I'm the opposite, I want my wife to use toys but she is not that interested, she doesnt play solo with herself, we have butt plug, 9in vib and magic wand.she would be vanilla type, I have to make all the moves. OP I hope you can meet him half way and the toys gets added to bed room fun

We started exploring together after a few drinks, it made it easier to start conversations about what we were interested in and what might be no gos. It helped to not take things too seriously.

Its not so easy in lockdown so one way might be to browse the site together. LH and others are pretty couple friendly and might inspire some browsing or learning from the videos.

Another tip is that how you both feel about different types of toy may change over time, so don’t be afraid to try something you may have written off beforehand.

The main thing is that toys are an addition to sex life not a replacement. Some toys may be better for solo use and that’s ok too.

Good luck!

Previous partners had mentioned toys but were mostly too embarrassed to actually bring them out for some reason. One used a cock ring but only once.

Recently my current girlfriend mentioned bringing in a toy and I gleefully said yes, this was a few months back. Somehow I got the conservation onto toys recently and we spent a while discussing them over Facebook. I was looking at adverts on Chinese websites that were using fruit and inflatable dolls so we both found it quite funny and it didn’t feel so much like a chat about toys so it was comfortable (we could have been good friends).

Recently we rented a hotel and she happened to have a small toy in her bag so after enjoying each others company for a while she bought it out to play with. We both had great fun, although it’s a little disappointing to me as I see how much fun she has and I don’t feel the same sensations. Ultimately however I’d rather she enjoys it with me than without or not at all!

So my advice would be to slowly and lightly break down the barriers without making him feel inferior. If you can find some funny posts online or adverts it can help introduce him to the world of toys in a light hearted manner.