How kinky are You?

So I am wondering just how kinky all you lovely lot are?

I've never been very vanilla but still feel like a newbie being allowed to explore my kinky side more.

Tonight I looked at FetLife as suggested to me in another thread to see if there are any local rope workshops near me. Just the process of signing up made me feel completely out of my depth!! The amount of options there are under the category of 'ROLE'..... Mind Blown!

1 Like

I am on fet life joined In June on my birthday actually attended one play event in my local area and wow I was so amazed at the respect I wasn't gonna play being my first time but I played twice I had lovely bum bruises for weeks. Noone even touched me only thing that touched me was floggers and spanking paddles. Im no vanilla on my sexual side at all. Quite very kinky but still have a lot to explore its a very personal journey! Fet is great I highy recommend.

Vixenchel wrote:

I am on fet life joined In June on my birthday actually attended one play event in my local area and wow I was so amazed at the respect I wasn't gonna play being my first time but I played twice I had lovely bum bruises for weeks. Noone even touched me only thing that touched me was floggers and spanking paddles. Im no vanilla on my sexual side at all. Quite very kinky but still have a lot to explore its a very personal journey! Fet is great I highy recommend.

Thanks for sharing your experience, encourages me to give it a chance. It's just overwhelming when you go on there as a newbie. Have no idea what to do or where to look! I have to Google most of the the terms on there too because I am learning that I'm rather naive to the kink world

Welcome to the Dark Side... ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

Yeah, I joined a couple years ago now but I still very much consider myself as only having scratched the surface. I spent two months just navigating the site and looking at group discussions and snooping around on people's profiles that live near me so I could get a feel for the local scene/community.

Finally I went to a munch, and I remember arriving at the pub where the monthly meet is and I was at the doorway, heart pounding, very close to turning around, getting back in my car and driving home again. Luckily I didn't because I went inside and met a bunch of amazing, warm, open-minded and supportive people (of all class, age, type) that welcomed me in with open arms and no pressure or judgement.

Another month went by and I went to my first ever fetish club event. And I haven't looked back. I'm still very much learning my way, however, still yet to delve little more than dipping my toe in, so to speak. But that's absolutely fine, everyone can go at their own pace with no pressure and no worries.

In terms of how kinky am I? Well, I've always know since I was a teenager (18, of course) that I... wasn't the same as most boys and girls in terms of what I'm into. I never had it flagged as BDSM however because I associated that with little more than leather & latex-clad people who whipped each other and inflicted all sorts of pain. Now, of course, I know that those are mere slices of the whole BDSM pie. I'm not really into sadomasochism, but rather bondage, light impact, sensation and primal stuff.

My role was "unsure" (it has been changed to "undecided") and is now "exploring". In terms of being overwhelmed, just remember that labels are helpful to an extent, but don't feel the need to pigeonhole yourself so strictly. The site gives you plenty of options, sure, but remember that your whole personality and indiviual, unique kink journey will go beyond a mere title/label.

Anyway, now you've fallen down the rabbit hole, you'll soon discover that there's plenty to see and plenty to learn, and that we're all indeed mad (read: kinky) down here, in our own ways.

Have fun! ![](upload://rA41UoqYzU9yrgGiJUyzuRc98GV.gif)

secret_scarlett wrote:

I've never been very vanilla but still feel like a newbie being allowed to explore my kinky side more.

Tonight I looked at FetLife as suggested to me in another thread to see if there are any local rope workshops near me. Just the process of signing up made me feel completely out of my depth!! The amount of options there are under the category of 'ROLE'..... Mind Blown!

I share your appreciation for how out of depth you felt signing up on Fetlife. The different levels of kink was a shock to me too. I thought I was somewhat kinky before joining Fetlife but I was proven wrong lol. I am quite vanilla, but mostly because I don't/haven't been to orgys/threesomes/been pee'd on/tied up/one night stands/prefer to be Dom etc etc. I just enjoy the odd spot of anal now and then is all! Which apparantly is not kinky.

But it doesn't make me feel like I should be more kinky, at all. I enjoy what I enjoy and leave it at that. However I do endavour to try everything once but until I'm given the opportuinity than it'll just be something to tick off. I don't have any hang ups that I didnt qualify as extremely kinky or the like.

I have wanted to go to events but on my own I am just not brave enough. I worry about something happening to me, being followed home or something. So I've always put it off. I will only go to such things when I am in a relationship

SquirtyPanda wrote:

secret_scarlett wrote:

I share your appreciation for how out of depth you felt signing up on Fetlife. The different levels of kink was a shock to me too. I thought I was somewhat kinky before joining Fetlife but I was proven wrong lol. I am quite vanilla, but mostly because I don't/haven't been to orgys/threesomes/been pee'd on/tied up/one night stands/prefer to be Dom etc etc. I just enjoy the odd spot of anal now and then is all! Which apparantly is not kinky.

But it doesn't make me feel like I should be more kinky, at all. I enjoy what I enjoy and leave it at that. However I do endavour to try everything once but until I'm given the opportuinity than it'll just be something to tick off. I don't have any hang ups that I didnt qualify as extremely kinky or the like.

I have wanted to go to events but on my own I am just not brave enough. I worry about something happening to me, being followed home or something. So I've always put it off. I will only go to such things when I am in a relationship

Is fetlife a safe site to download, I would like to explore more

I was completely taken a back how relaxed it was my friend had to cancel so I went with a guy off the site who is a well respected Dom and a protector he also brought another female newbie we met close by and all entered together. Everyone was so at ease lots of newbies so when I got shown around there was quote a few of us.

Love everyone's input here :)

Hi. I'm very kinky. I love chains handcuffs and whips. I have a girlfriend and 3 sex buddies as I'm bisexual. One of my mates has a sex dungeon.

I would definitely like to try out more kinky things but skip the pee poo n spu!! Unless it's by accident then obviously I'd let it slide with an oh 😂 but alot of the milder stuff really interests me and some of the darker stuff :-)

Eager-2-Please wrote:

Welcome to the Dark Side...

Yeah, I joined a couple years ago now but I still very much consider myself as only having scratched the surface. I spent two months just navigating the site and looking at group discussions and snooping around on people's profiles that live near me so I could get a feel for the local scene/community.

Finally I went to a munch, and I remember arriving at the pub where the monthly meet is and I was at the doorway, heart pounding, very close to turning around, getting back in my car and driving home again. Luckily I didn't because I went inside and met a bunch of amazing, warm, open-minded and supportive people (of all class, age, type) that welcomed me in with open arms and no pressure or judgement.

Another month went by and I went to my first ever fetish club event. And I haven't looked back. I'm still very much learning my way, however, still yet to delve little more than dipping my toe in, so to speak. But that's absolutely fine, everyone can go at their own pace with no pressure and no worries.

In terms of how kinky am I? Well, I've always know since I was a teenager (18, of course) that I... wasn't the same as most boys and girls in terms of what I'm into. I never had it flagged as BDSM however because I associated that with little more than leather & latex-clad people who whipped each other and inflicted all sorts of pain. Now, of course, I know that those are mere slices of the whole BDSM pie. I'm not really into sadomasochism, but rather bondage, light impact, sensation and primal stuff.

My role was "unsure" (it has been changed to "undecided") and is now "exploring". In terms of being overwhelmed, just remember that labels are helpful to an extent, but don't feel the need to pigeonhole yourself so strictly. The site gives you plenty of options, sure, but remember that your whole personality and indiviual, unique kink journey will go beyond a mere title/label.

Anyway, now you've fallen down the rabbit hole, you'll soon discover that there's plenty to see and plenty to learn, and that we're all indeed mad (read: kinky) down here, in our own ways.

Have fun!

What a dark side it is! I'm getting to grips with the site I think. I've updated my profile more and put some pics up. I've gone for 'exploring' too as role. Don't know if it's allowed... ***removed by moderator** 

Sounds like it's worth a look :-)

secret_scarlett wrote:

we are on fetlife and exploring the world of rope, we have attended a munch, which if there is a local one to you is the best way to meet other likeminded people, it is a pure social event where you can meet other people in a safe and friendly enviroment. we also found that there was a club for ladies just down the road from us....so the wife will attend and be the rigger and i will be her test bunny.

KINKY.......Whats in a name, what is normal to us may be kinky to others, its all about perception, we find watersports kinky, but to us the swingers lifestyle is normal to us as is our bi sexuality.

KNOTTED COUPLE wrote:

KINKY.......Whats in a name, what is normal to us may be kinky to others, its all about perception, we find watersports kinky, but to us the swingers lifestyle is normal to us as is our bi sexuality.

As we read through this thread i think we are in the same wave length. Different people see different activities as taboo or kinky. Love hearing about everyones thought processes though.

All very interesting...we are going to sign up and see.
Looks mighty complex!

I think reasonably kinky. I knew some time ago that I was or at the very least to try things and see what I like or don't like. I just didn't feel comfortable to share that desire until I met the man who I'm in a fwb relationship with. But I'm sure that to some we're pretty tame but equally there'd be guys who'd run a mile at a lot of things we've talked about doing!

ToGildALily wrote:

I think reasonably kinky. I knew some time ago that I was or at the very least to try things and see what I like or don't like. I just didn't feel comfortable to share that desire until I met the man who I'm in a fwb relationship with. But I'm sure that to some we're pretty tame but equally there'd be guys who'd run a mile at a lot of things we've talked about doing!

It really is about finding someone it all.feels comfortable with. Couldnt agree more!

Well according to my mates I'm kinky and am into things they wouldn't dream of doing?! In reality I'm not at all I just love sex, toys and exploring new things with my hubby...I think it varies so much from one person to another as to what kinky means 😀

Aims85 wrote:

Well according to my mates I'm kinky and am into things they wouldn't dream of doing?! In reality I'm not at all I just love sex, toys and exploring new things with my hubby...I think it varies so much from one person to another as to what kinky means 😀

Exactly. One persons vanilla could be another's tutti fruti. Each to his/her own and vive la difference.

Kink....to some its using a feather, for others its using the whole chicken !

You just have to find yours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nie23G9yNts