How long do you give a toy before deciding to return it?

I think the reason some of us end up returning toys after months is that because they don't really work for us, they sit in a drawer after the first use and we don't feel we've given them a fair go. I don't like to write off a toy after one use but if it was disappointing I end up going to my tried and trusted toys. With the Tracey Cox toy, although I had it since February, I only tried it about five times because I moved back in with my family for a few months so had no privacy at all. I'm so glad to be living alone again!

I had to return a bra i purchased as the section between my breasts was very uncomfortable and dug in. Customer services were amazing and they were very polite and understanding.

I have a wallbanger sunction cup thing I never use becasue it hurts.... I guess I should have returned it.... I just feel guilty because there is technically nothing wrong with it.

Im the same as some others, now i have found out what works for me, i have a drawer of go to toys. I also have a large plastic storage box full of stuff that i probably wont use again.

Trouble is i would feel guilty sending it all back so it will probably just stay stored away. If there was an option to return items for store credit (that can be used in the future not a swap), even if it wasnt 100% of what you paid then i probably would send some of it back. I guess it feels like taking the pee to send stuff back just because ive found something better.

popk1n wrote:

Well the only toy Ive ever sent back was the Tracey Cox Supersex Remote Control Love Egg after a couple of months and after about 5 uses.

My enlightening moment was that the batteries ran out and I didn't care enough to go and buy more to replace them. Just think to yourself "if I sent it back would I ever care or think about it again?".

i had the issue with the tracey cox supersex remote control love egg with the batteries after only using it a handful of times.so returned it and brought the FSOG one.

Thanks Friday 13 and Cazz.

In ten years of buying I've only ever returned one item and that was a faulty vibrator that needing replacement.

I know lovehoneys generous returns policy but I wouldn't feel right returning for any reason other than a fault, I know that used toys need to be binned so I see the returns policy as a little too generous to be taking advantage.

I've returned a Bathmate before as well as a RO-120 bullet. The bathmate was too small and while it did work at increasing the size of my cock quite a bit, it did lead to unfortunate build up of lymphatic fluid around the foreskin. Apart from that being uncomfortable it made it look like roll-on deodorant stick... Not very sexy and I have been told I've a beautiful cock so it's something of a piece of pride.
I was impressed with the overall results but at over £120 at the time it had to go back. Might go for the biggest one at some point but gotta watch the pennies too.
Similarly, the RO-120 pleasure me panther was too cumbersome to use one handed when compared to the RO-80. That too went back.

Lastly, i have to say i am impressed with LH's returns policy. That's got to be one of the reasons people shop here rather than elsewhere. Edit: I gave both items a good few weeks before returning

RedCheeks wrote:

I know lovehoneys generous returns policy but I wouldn't feel right returning for any reason other than a fault, I know that used toys need to be binned so I see the returns policy as a little too generous to be taking advantage.

I understand your point, but with my last return (probably the same toy over which the OP started this thread) I would have felt cheated if I had not been able to return it as there was such a big discrepancy between advertisement and my (subjective) reality.

Given that Lovehoney are proud of their returns policy and invite us to use it I don't think it's an abuse to send back a toy that just doesn't fulfill its promise. I wouldn't buy a toy that I'm not sure of just to try it out (I'd love to be able to visit a Lovehoney shop, however, and hold the vibrating toys in my hands - that would have avoided the last return), but if I am sure, or think I am, and then I'm disappointed, then I feel free to return the item.

Going back to the original post, another factor that plays a role in whether I return a toy or not is it's versatility: I didn't like the Tracey Cox "tulip" clit vibe on my clit, but I kept it because it could also be used as a love egg and now I've found it's perfect to make my new butt plug vibrate. Same story with the Japanes Stretchy Penis Sleeves (http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=2025) which I bought to use with the FSOG bullet. It works, I just don't like the effect as much as I thought it would. But I'm pretty sure that I will find some use for the sleeves some day, so I keep them.