How long do you give a toy before deciding to return it?

I've had the Tracey Cox Supersex G-spot vibrator since February. I've given it a fair few goes but it just isn't doing anything for me. I'm starting to seriously consider returning it. I've only ever returned clothing (so I knew it didn't suit/fit me immediately) and a faulty item, so I wondered how other people decide when to return something they just don't get on with?

How long do you give it or how many times do you try a toy before deciding it definitely doesn't work for you?

Does the price make a difference to your decision to return items?

For me the price does make a difference. I probably wouldn't return something I didn't like if it was under £10 (unless it was unopened) but £20 is a month's electricity so not exactly a small amount (though let's be serious, I'll be spending the refunded money at LH!)

Well the only toy Ive ever sent back was the Tracey Cox Supersex Remote Control Love Egg after a couple of months and after about 5 uses.

My enlightening moment was that the batteries ran out and I didn't care enough to go and buy more to replace them. Just think to yourself "if I sent it back would I ever care or think about it again?".

I'd like to know where you live and what company you're with that makes your electricity only £20 a month!

To be honest I've never sent anything back. I've had 2 faulty items but both were small things so were replaced rather than returned.

We got the sysil edge strapless dildo last year. It's so not for us and only ever been used twice. But I forgot when I ordered it as did it on a guest account so it's just sat in the drawer... Oops.

That's the only thing I wish I had returned.

If it doesn't work for you then do it, if you've had it that long and you aren't getting use from it.

I don't like returning things, especially if I've got a good deal like I always do on Lovehoney. But I had to return the Humdinger. It was more like hum drum for me, and inserting it wasn't that comfortable...too pointy!

I've only returned toys to get replacements because they've come broken or something has gone wrong. I'm too picky to begin with so don't really like spending money unless I think it's worth it. Saying that there are plenty of times I've bought underwear off here and returned it because it wasn't to my liking.

Have never sent a toy back ever even if we don't use it we still tend to keep it for some reason.

x

I've sent a couple of toys back which I didn't like, and they were very expensive luxury items. I just couldn't justify keeping something that I don't even like when it cost hundreds of pounds, so I was very grateful for the lovehoney returns policy!

For me, if I've used something 3 or 4 times and I still hate it, then I'm never going to like it. These items in particular didn't work with my anatomy so there was nothing I could have done, as they were just causing me pain.

I have some much cheaper toys that I don't like but I haven't bothered to return them, especially as I've already returned some expensive items which I feel guilty about!

My first foray into love eggs was the Tracey Cox one. It's too long for me . I've bought LH's own since and it's perfect, so the TC one is just sitting there, reminding me I wasted money. Or it was.

I had to call LH's wonderful CS about a problem with my account and mentioned I couldn't use it when asking advice about different ones to try. I was shocked to learn I could return used items! In a nice way, obviously.

I still haven't returned it, as I was still a bit on the shelf about doing that, but having read this thread, I think I will soon.

Can I ask for an exchange instead? If the original was part of a deal, does it matter?

TIA

I've only ever returned the vibrating nipple clamps, and those something like three days after receiving them and two tries - if I don't feel anything, I don't feel anything. And they were a bit too much money to sit unused in a drawer. Whereas I got the pink pocket vibrator on sale and 4 Euros is not enough to motivate me for a trip to the post office ;) There again I decided I wouldn't use it after two tries (this time not for lack of power, but because of the impossibly hard on/off-switch). I have one other toy I never use, but I bought it elsewhere before discoverinig Lovehoney and can't return it :(

So yes, price does play a role in my decision to return or not an item. And I decide very quickly whether or not to keep an item (actually, I probably could live with a 7-day-return policy for items that I just not like). I will, however, return everything that should break in the first year of use.

Thanks, everyone. I think I'll give it one last attempt and if it still does nothing for me I'll return it.

Popk1n: I couldn't even tell you what or how many batteries it takes. It's been sitting unused for that long.

thedevils-little-helper: Not sure if you actually wanted an answer to that but London and EDF. I'm a single person in a one bedroom flat so I don't use that much electricity (130-140 kWh per month). I submit readings each month so no estimates and pay the whole balance by direct debit each month. It means my bill will go up in winter but I'd rather have the money in my account than theirs!

Boogaloo: I think three or four times is probably sensible. I know I have a rabbit that took me three goes to work out how to use it best for me but even on the first go I could see it had potential, I just needed to play with the settings.

VR: I think you can ask for an exchange even if it was part of a deal but I think you'll only get the deal price (e.g. If it was £20 with 25% off it would be worth £15) but I'd check with customer services to make sure.

Jessicaleon11 wrote:

To be honest I've never sent anything back. I've had 2 faulty items but both were small things so were replaced rather than returned.

We got the sysil edge strapless dildo last year. It's so not for us and only ever been used twice. But I forgot when I ordered it as did it on a guest account so it's just sat in the drawer... Oops.

That's the only thing I wish I had returned.

If it doesn't work for you then do it, if you've had it that long and you aren't getting use from it.

If you contact customer care it is possible they could find the order by your postcode or email address and tell you when you ordered it, if it was within 365 days then you can still return it!

x

VR wrote:

My first foray into love eggs was the Tracey Cox one. It's too long for me . I've bought LH's own since and it's perfect, so the TC one is just sitting there, reminding me I wasted money. Or it was.

I had to call LH's wonderful CS about a problem with my account and mentioned I couldn't use it when asking advice about different ones to try. I was shocked to learn I could return used items! In a nice way, obviously.

I still haven't returned it, as I was still a bit on the shelf about doing that, but having read this thread, I think I will soon.

Can I ask for an exchange instead? If the original was part of a deal, does it matter?

TIA

Hi

If you contact customer care and explain the order and it was part of a deal etc, they will be able to explain what can be done here to resolve the issue :)

Many thanks

Friday13 wrote:

I've had the Tracey Cox Supersex G-spot vibrator since February. I've given it a fair few goes but it just isn't doing anything for me. I'm starting to seriously consider returning it. I've only ever returned clothing (so I knew it didn't suit/fit me immediately) and a faulty item, so I wondered how other people decide when to return something they just don't get on with?

How long do you give it or how many times do you try a toy before deciding it definitely doesn't work for you?

Does the price make a difference to your decision to return items?

For me the price does make a difference. I probably wouldn't return something I didn't like if it was under £10 (unless it was unopened) but £20 is a month's electricity so not exactly a small amount (though let's be serious, I'll be spending the refunded money at LH!)

Hi

As you know you have up to a year so give it a fair testing and when you feel that you have done that and it isn't for you, then please contact us and we can help you get something you do like :)

Thanks

If the item was originally part of a deal that will affect the return, the the customer service crew does a great job sorting all that out for returns and/or exchanges.

I just completed my first ever exchange because I had 2 paris of knickers that were too small and it was very smooth. My only disapointment was that one pair I just wanted in a larger size were not available so i had to pick out something different. But that was not their fault. I will just put those other knickers back on a wish list in the larger size and maybe order again in the future.

i have neve rever returned a sex toy before what are the reasons you would return something ?

^For me I return clothes that don't fit or suit me. With toys it would only be if they aren't fit for purpose (i.e. I get no pleasure). I have cheap vibes that are overly buzzy and I now know aren't really my thing, nipple clamps that are fine but I now know I'd prefer a different type, and kegel balls that are too light for me. Those things are worth what I paid, were part of my learning curve and are fit for purpose so I wouldn't return them.

I just gave gave it one last try and it started making weird electrical noises so any doubts I had about returning it are gone!

Obviously returned toys have to go in the bin, so I'd only return something if I thought jeez that toy is wasting a place in my drawer that could go to a much better toy. I tried the humdinger several times, and despite lots of good reviews it just didn't do anything for me at all, and in some occasions it was uncomfortable. I got it as a half price deal, but it's not just about the money, it's about the fact that it's a toy I will never use, so it has to go...

Cazz, you and the rest of the Lovehoney team are fantastic, and we love you! 🙌 10/10 for customer service everytime.

^I 100% agree. I just did a live chat with customer services and it's all sorted :)

Well I wouldn't test it for 11 months and then decide I don't like it and return it. Would only do that if it was broken and that's only if it was an expensive toy. Pretty much find out the first time you use it or max 5 times.