How long do you give a toy

Before deciding its not for you?

i recently bought a toy that had good reviews and everything led me to believe i would love it. Ive used it about 5 times in total and so far nothing!

I have had toys in the past that i have to use a few times before i really enjoy them, so im not in a rush to send this toy back, but how long do you guys give a toy before deciding you dont really like it?

The toy in question is this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=27581

im the kind of person who ideally needs both internal and external stimulation. I have a few bullets but i find they dont work with me, im not sure if its the shape of them, or that they are a bit too buzzy. They dont seem to hit the spot. Ive always managed to orgasm with rabbits so i thought i will buy just the ears, then i can use them during sex or anal sex for clitoral stimulation.

Trouble is these ears just havent done it for me. They are the only ears on the market that have such good reviews, and the only ones stocked here.

Im desperate for them to work because there isnt an alternative toy around.

Can toys suddenly start working for you? Or is it more that if you dont get on with a toy early on, chances are you never will?

Id definitely give it another try I too brought a toy and it toke me a good 6times to feel anything, it still does nothing much for me so ive since worked out its not the toy for me unfortunately but I did give it a good go

Yea I agree sometimes it takes a little while to work out all the angles that are best for you. I would give it a couple more go's and if still nothing you always have LoveHoneys amazing returns system :)

I had the same problem with a similar toy - The Tracy cox rabbit. The ears are useless but even though I got it three months ago I don't want to return it because I have this hope that I'll have another try and like it so I keep trying - Plus its so pretty! And it wasn't cheap either :P

Its silly but I really hate returning toys! I've only returned one item so far to LH and that was only because it sliced my vulva up after one use!

Ouch lupina poor u! No wonder u returned it!

Im torn now! I dont know whether to persevere with it or exchange it. Im browsing rechargable clit vibes but still not sure.

i think i will give the toy a couple more goes and see if i can get any kind of feeling from it. So far it just feels numb. If not then i will have to send it back i think.

ouch lupina! Which toy was it?

It depends on how much I wanted to love the toy, but I'd probably sent it back if there was NOTHING after 5 tries!

I think the average recommended time to try a toy is 5 or 6 roughly. When I review toys for my blog I try them out at least 5 times. I find that gives me enough time to discover whether I like them, what I don't like about them, etc etc.
I'd say give it one more go and then if you really don't like it send it back. There's no point in hanging on to toys which don't do anything for you! That's no fun!

The LELO Mia is an excellent rechargable clit vibe, if you have that kind of money to spend!
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26487

If not, a lot of people rate the Lovehoney one, although I haven't personally tried this out myself. But it's slightly cheaper.
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30215

x

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26627&reviewpage=2#customer_reviews

This is the one im thinking about, but dont know if its too much like a bullet? Im hoping being rechargable it would be more powerful but im not sure. The reviews are good but then they were for the le reve!

so far the best ive got (just used it again) was holding it with the nose over my clit and the ears covering the hole. With pressure and grinding it felt pleasurable but nowhere close to orgasm. It felt good but during sex the ears would be in the way and i might not be able to grind against it how i was so its kind of defeating the object! 

Think i will try it again during sex and see if its any better, maybe i will use the wand immeditely before to make my clitoris more sensitive and responsive and see if that helps. 

Looking at your choice it does seem bullet like and as you said you don;t really get along with bullets eith this could be a worry for you.

I have http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30319 I know it costs more but it is more of a clit toy than a bullet.

I think its great, another one like that is http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=27458

I give a toy 4 times if it's not doing anything at all its gone. Some toys you know straight away aren't going to be any good for you others you test longer, while some you can fall in love with straight away.

Well, you've got almost a year to keep trying it out before you could send it back, so give it a bit longer.

You could always apply to be a tester. That way it gives you an idea on whether you want it or not.

I give a toy at least half a dozen tries before I make my mind up. Some toys are not great right away so you do of course need to spend some time using them and finding out what works best for you. If you've done all you can to get the best from the toy and it hasn't worked then that's when I would return it.

You don't want to keep a toy in the hopes you will somehow like it eventually, but then you don't want to return a toy that is really good except you didn't get a chance to really find out for yourself as you returned it.

JM88 wrote:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26627&reviewpage=2#customer_reviews

This is the one im thinking about, but dont know if its too much like a bullet? Im hoping being rechargable it would be more powerful but im not sure. The reviews are good but then they were for the le reve!

so far the best ive got (just used it again) was holding it with the nose over my clit and the ears covering the hole. With pressure and grinding it felt pleasurable but nowhere close to orgasm. It felt good but during sex the ears would be in the way and i might not be able to grind against it how i was so its kind of defeating the object!

Think i will try it again during sex and see if its any better, maybe i will use the wand immeditely before to make my clitoris more sensitive and responsive and see if that helps.

I've got this and it's so much better than a bullet! Not so buzzy but you can get pinpoint accuracy with it. I actually bought another as a spare I love it so much. The only bullet I like so far is the Wevibe Tango, but it's expensive. I'm a huge fan of rabbits though, the FSOG greedy girl vibe is just awesome.

Depends, I've had toys that I Really Disliked and gave up on them after the first time, but generally I give "meh" toys four or five times to impress me before seriously giving up on them. I've had toys that I tried a bunch more times than that because I was convinced I must be using it wrong since my results seemed so atypical (an orgasm gel that everyone else was giving really good scores but which did literally nothing for me no matter how many times I tried, for example), but honestly with a return policy as good as Lovehoney's there really isn't much point hanging onto a toy that doesn't work for you.

It was the lily pod magic wand attachment - It stung to pee for a week!

But for clitoral vibrators I'd definitely go for one of the mantric mouse ones (I have all of them and love them so much!) or l'amour petal as the shape feels amazing.

Good Luck! x

Which bullets have you tried if you don't me asking as different ones have different vibrations. The cheaper ones tend to have more buzzy annoying vibrations.

The Tango, Mia and Silencer all have more rumbly vibrations rather than buzzy, the Tango been more powerful than the others by a fair amount. The We Vibe Touch is also a great option if you don't want a bullet shape specifically but want a deep rumbly clit vibe. The Je joue Mimi and Lelo Lilly are also good options.

Ive only tried the bombshell glittery one (discontinued) and the swoon one, both pretty much the same just a different sort of battery! Small length and three speed setting.

I would love to try one of the ones you mention but unfortunitely i cant justify the price! For a clitoral stimulator, the £29.99 i paid is about my limit for that kind of toy. I know theres a returns policy if i dont get along with a toy, but if i bought one that was expensive and liked it i would be stuck!

Thanks for the advice though, i will persevere with the rabbit once im feeling better and see if i can crack it!

I would give it four or five times. The only time I was tempted to stop trying after the every first playtime was when I got the Bettie Page vibe; I scratched my most sensitive bits on the silvery plastic band (blood, unpleasant stinging afterwards) but I wanted to do the review properly, seeing this very toy was a tester. So I spent a couple of days healing, and tried again, very, very carefully. In the end, I kind of decided that while I did not love the toy, it was kind of "okay" for certain types of stimulation. Not great, though.

And I would really recommend a Tango, it is my favourite bullet.

The Silencer http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30215 isn't that expensive, you could easily exchange the toy you have for it and have a tenner to spend on something else. Always an option to try.

I reviewed the fifty shades of grey version of the Silencer http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30890&reviewid=96500#customer_reviews Im I am comparing it to the Mia as that's the one it is very close to, really not much in it at all.