How moving ruins your sex life... from my current experience.

Today has just been one of those days after just being given two months notic to find a new flat due to the owner wishing to sell. I found one, but so far it hasn't gone well. Two weeks before my noticed ran out I finally found somewhere. After arranging that I would move there expecting to be in on the 1st, I was then told on the day that due to problems with the electric I would have to wait a little longer.

Well today I was able to move into the new place, but there where no carpets.... and also my over the bed mirror has broken, which has really upset me. On top of that I am unable to get to any of my toys to help get rid of the stress i'm experiencing, my partner is currently very worn out as well due to carrying a washing machine and other heavey items... and I'm stuck staying at his parents untill I am able to put my bed up with carpets underneath (hopefully).

opps sorry that's a little bit of a rant. Basically this move has disrupted not only my current sex life but has also ruined part of it by my mirror being broken.

awww it will get better soon x just be glad ur mirror not break with you guys under it x

Aww. At least a mirror can be replaced, and its understandable being worn out after doing all the stuff involved in moving. You'll soon be in the mood and christening your new place ;)

I've only moved once when I was younger and it was to a bigger house so it was much better.

I imagine you'll soon be sorted and have nothing to worry about.

I'm sure you can claim damages if professional removal men managed to break your mirror which should have been heavily wrapped in blankets and secured is such a position that it wouldn't have broke. Other than that just gives it a few week to recharge you and your partners batteries and I'm sure everything will be back to normal. :)

Yep moving is damn stressful......it disrupts everything not just your sex life.......and even worse when things get broken in transit!!

It wont bge for too long.....soon as everythings moved in and settled you can the concentrate on which room to christen first!!!

Just get settled in dont worry itll be all ok iif you give it time.

We recently moved, but me and the OH were cheif painters in the new house, lets just say we also squeezed in sex sessions when the paint was drying.

I have contacted the people who made my mirror and they said that there might be a place local to me that'll fix it. I would buy a new one but it is custom made and the frame is still in good condition. Sadly I didn't pay for anything to be moved, I had to get help from friends and family.

I've been so busy rushing about I'd even forgotten about christening the place lol.

anyway tomorrow if the last day of it all.

Good luck with it all

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

I have contacted the people who made my mirror and they said that there might be a place local to me that'll fix it. I would buy a new one but it is custom made and the frame is still in good condition. Sadly I didn't pay for anything to be moved, I had to get help from friends and family.

I've been so busy rushing about I'd even forgotten about christening the place lol.

anyway tomorrow if the last day of it all.

I had help from friends and family, it was near christmas and apparently no one works between christmas and new year. What a load of bollocks! So we got our friends and family to help and several car trips.

Glad tomorrows the last day for you!
Good luck and hope you get settled in External Media

wouldnt your mirror be covered by your house insurance? worth checking

sweetlove666 wrote:

wouldnt your mirror be covered by your house insurance? worth checking

I'm not sure as its damage caused by yourself and I think the amount of excess etc you'd pay for a mirror I dont think its worth it. I think you'd end up paying more than just getting it fixed.

I don't think it would be covered via home insurance as the damage was caused outside the home, and as masquerademinx said it was damage cause by myself, well a friend and family member. It doesn't matter too much I guess as I'll just go with out other things while saving up for the repairs. Though one friend did offer to buy the frame... but I don't want to sell it as I love it so much.

I have another option to go to a place that sells the mirror and get the size I need cut and back it myself. Though my framing skills aren't as good as a professional I have a good idea on what to do, and can contact the people who made the mirror for advice if needed.

and thanks for the good luck wishes ^_^

I wouldnt recommend cutting it yourself. I remember a few years back when we broke our bathroom mirror. My dad is a proper handyman, does all the DIY stuff, but he still broke at least one mirror to my recollection before he managed to cut it to the right size for the frame. A much better idea to pay the extra for someone professional to do it.