How to gauge interest?

Hey :) I keep sending links to my husband of the items I like and I get 0 response. I know he’s read them but not necessarily looked at the links. I’ve tried talking to him directly but he changes conversation. I’ve tried opening the links when we’re together and no other distractions but again the conversation changes or he’ll ignore what I’m saying! I really want this https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=39825 but not sure if he’d like it too and it’s a lot of money if it doesn’t do anything for him?! Do I just do it anyway and feel amazing or leave it until he actually speaks up and let’s me know what he likes? Any advice welcomed :)

First thing I would ask is why has he not responded, it could be stress causing him to not really be in the mood or maybe it’s out of embarrassment of opening up the page etc. I absolutely love when I get surprised by my partner so I would say buy it and feel amazing, you have every right to feel desirable and bring excitement to the bedroom so go for it.

Just had quite a frank convo with him and with what I’ve shown him he likes but unsure what I like as it’s all very varied and that was what was making him unsure/unresponsive. So after that he said to buy one a month to find out what we really like :) seems that the only way to get through to him was to remove all gadgetry and sit in front of the door so he couldn’t leave 😂😂

I can vouch for that item! I absolutely love it. Even if he doesn't appreciate it, you can. I'm single and I just buy lingerie cause it makes me feel good and gives me the confidence! Most of my LH stuff hasn't been seen by many others. Hopefully you'll find something you both admire if you're buying something every month. You'll stock up quite a collection in no time! :)

Hey, Delightful87. I would echo what Lil_known69 said and just surprise him - that's what I do to my hubby. Regardless of what I wear he loves me and finds me sexy so I always look for something I know will give me the most confidence and hide the bits I am unhappy with.

I am sure I read somewhere that your hubby lost his virginity to you? I hope I am not wrong other wise the next part will be a waste of time and hugely awkward lol! But maybe he just isn't as sexually advanced as you are? I know this was the case with my hubby. He had a drunken one night stand and didn't really know who he was sexually before me, whereas I had 20+ sexual partners and knew what I wanted and what I needed to reach total satisfaction.... So I am just thinking maybe for him, as rude as it comes across, changing the conversation and ignoring your messages are just him trying to process what you are saying to him? Especially as he has only ever been with you and maybe is just more reserved than you need him to be. Just an idea hun! X

MrandMrs_L wrote:

Hey, Delightful87. I would echo what Lil_known69 said and just surprise him - that's what I do to my hubby. Regardless of what I wear he loves me and finds me sexy so I always look for something I know will give me the most confidence and hide the bits I am unhappy with.

I am sure I read somewhere that your hubby lost his virginity to you? I hope I am not wrong other wise the next part will be a waste of time and hugely awkward lol! But maybe he just isn't as sexually advanced as you are? I know this was the case with my hubby. He had a drunken one night stand and didn't really know who he was sexually before me, whereas I had 20+ sexual partners and knew what I wanted and what I needed to reach total satisfaction.... So I am just thinking maybe for him, as rude as it comes across, changing the conversation and ignoring your messages are just him trying to process what you are saying to him? Especially as he has only ever been with you and maybe is just more reserved than you need him to be. Just an idea hun! X

Mrs L sharing a lot of wisdom here, I'm on the same page. Yes it is nice to have your partner swoon at the sight of you in swanky undies, but buy them for YOU first and foremost, and how they make you feel whilst wearing them. My husband's opinion of any outfit of mine will always be secondary to how I feel in it.

My husband does the same 'shutting down/ avoidance' behaviour when I throw a new sexual curveball at him. Again as Mrs L said, I agree that it is a lack of confidence/ experience and feeling 'put on the spot' and not really knowing what to say. It is sad that it just comes across as lack of interest, certainly I just feel rejected whenever my husband does it, even though I know he loves me a great deal.

As I said on the other thread, you know I think that set it absolutely stunning, roll on Friday and your payday, then buy buy buy!

MrandMrs_L wrote:

Yes you are correct he was a virgin and had barely kissed anyone before me, I on the otherhand had already had a child and a colourful past so was far more advacned than he could have dreamt of.

It is taking time for him to explore his sexual wants and needs as we had a child quite soon after we got together and then I was on longterm contraception until we had our last child last year (10 yr age gap). During that time my sex drive was quite low and recently it has sky rocketed.

I am more comfortable with what I want/like so I guess I need to just give him time to catch up :)

Gosig wrote:

MrandMrs_L wrote:

Mrs L sharing a lot of wisdom here, I'm on the same page. Yes it is nice to have your partner swoon at the sight of you in swanky undies, but buy them for YOU first and foremost, and how they make you feel whilst wearing them. My husband's opinion of any outfit of mine will always be secondary to how I feel in it.

My husband does the same 'shutting down/ avoidance' behaviour when I throw a new sexual curveball at him. Again as Mrs L said, I agree that it is a lack of confidence/ experience and feeling 'put on the spot' and not really knowing what to say. It is sad that it just comes across as lack of interest, certainly I just feel rejected whenever my husband does it, even though I know he loves me a great deal.

As I said on the other thread, you know I think that set it absolutely stunning, roll on Friday and your payday, then buy buy buy!

Its definitely being bought but I am going to keep it for when he is off for a few days so he can appreciate it too ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif) recently hes been doing nights so I've barely seen him. Plus hes working christmas ![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif)

I do agree, its his lack of experience which is leaving him feeling exposed I think, I dont want him to not appreciate it because that lack of interest would make me feel rejected and I am a moody cow when that happens lol!

Thanks all! I'll keep in mind that I am pleasing me if no one else and that's perfectly fine too. As long as I feel comfortable and confident it'll help matters

LIL_KNOWN69 wrote:

First thing I would ask is why has he not responded, it could be stress causing him to not really be in the mood or maybe it’s out of embarrassment of opening up the page etc. I absolutely love when I get surprised by my partner so I would say buy it and feel amazing, you have every right to feel desirable and bring excitement to the bedroom so go for it.

I would agree with this, could be down to stress. We started browsing the site together and then picked things we'd both like to try so maybe persevere with that approach rather than sending links?