How to look sexy as a man

Hey Guys and Girls,

Quick question, how does a guy go about looking sexy for his girl, so I'm taking my lady out to dinner, the place we are going to is a country pub restaurant. Now I know my lady likes to see me in a suit, but I'm not sure if a suit is over the top for a place like that, it is a nice place but not overly posh.

Does anyone have any better ideas than just jeans, nice shoes and a nice shirt, would wearing a suit and potentially being the only one (I think everyone else in the place will be in jeans and t-shirts) be the wrong move? Or would the gesture far outway the looking out of place?

Just some background, we've been together 10 years, this is for our first valentines together ever, but the meal is a few days before. Oh, and I don't need any tips on hair, grooming or general smell!! I always keep that stuff in check even for a night in!!

Thanks in advance!

Oooo, a suit

Oooo, a dinner suit

In this situation, I would suggest a suit but without a tie. Take off the jacket when you arrive and you'll certainly not be overdressed (I don't really believe in overdressed anyway) but she'll still see you looking good in the suit. Make sure your shoes are smart and polished and that'll make the look.

And of course, best underpants and nicest socks.

not exactly helpful for you but i find confidence really sexy. ooh and eyes and a really nice smile

as alice said some smart trousers and a suit jacket should be smart enough, and still sexy.

Oh, I prefer the casual smart look! Like one of them casual/smart shirts. I usually like them striped and have a small thin tie added on. It's a nice cool way to dress that isn't too formal at all or informal!

You can wear a top like that and perhaps either some smart jeans (co-ordinate colour wise) or the usual black trousers. =]

Agree with Alice about underwear lol and SL about attitude and confidence. Not too sure about a full suit tbh but some people can carry that off.

Good luck and have fun! xXx

I know youre not looking for advice on grooming but i find if a partner is wearing my favorite colonge of thiers it drives me crazy! especially hugging them and smelling it.

hope your date goes well!

It is hard to look sexy as a bloke, I'm jealous of the ladies in that respect.

My OH really does do suits, perhaps a bit too formal though and you won't fell sexy if you feel uncomfortable. For the bedroom I'd just say some rather normal CKs.

Country pub restaurants are our foodie place of choice for special occasions. My OH likes beer and we both like the more informal atmosphere and I think that a suit would be a little OTT for such a venue.

Generally he wears smart trousers (not jeans) and a nice shirt (like a Next shirt or something similar). I'm thinking smart casual, rather than suits.

I actually prefer the smart casual look for these (rare!) nights out. Also... if he were to dress up in a suit I would feel underdressed by comparison and maybe a bit self-conscious. What is your OH planning to wear?

And the other thing; if you dress in a suit and find that you're over dressed will it make you feel self-conscious enough to ruin your self-confidence?

If it were me in your partners shoes, I'd be so happy to be treated to a special night out that I wouldn't care what you were wearing. Well...within reason .... I wouldn't want you dressed in your greasy garage mechanics overalls for instance.

I hope you 2 have a lovely evening.

Thanks guys, to be honest, I look good in a suit and jeans and a shirt, I'm also comfortable with either and have confident attitude when it comes to my OH, so these arn't really an issue after being together 10 years you get pretty confident that you OH likes what she sees!

I think I'm going to go with the Suit, as I think it says you have gone to an effort (day to day I wear nice jeans and well fitting t-shirts, so I think I need to stand out from the norm!) I guess it just comes down to tie or no tie...I think probably no tie, seems too business like with a tie?

Although- you can wear some of the informal ties that are just put on losely for a more casual look. Like a plain small black one etc. The thick ties are more business like..

Just depends on how the outfit fits together.

lol, we do like to overcomplicate things. ;P

Well said Bob!

I would be tempted to go witha shirt and a waistcoat. A happy middle ground.

But then, I also wouldn't take fashion advice from me.

Argh! Stupid phone posting blanks! Sorry!

She's a lucky woman - I hope you have a great night

nice clean shirt, siut jacket jeans or nice comfy trousers and make sure the shoes are clean too.and some nice cologne or the sorts not lynx .and a smile and by her a small posy of flowers too give them too her when you reach the resturant

casual suit look and a dark shirt worn out of the trousers! , but don't worry about the look too much , it's the actions that matter .

see her to her seat first, make sure she's comforftable before you are.

if you can already arrange with the place to have her favourite drink delivered without ordering , and the same with the food shows you've thought about her.

but most of all enjoy, relax, laugh and listen and pay attention.

i enjoy wearing a nice suit...just dont make mistake i did lol didnt know bulge was on show due to trousers a tad tight lol

My OH always says a well fitting suit has an air of power so a neat trim of the beard and tash (think lead singer of death metal band), get the hair looking right (its about halfway down my back now) black suit, black shirt and highly polished black shoes make her go weak at the knees

Saying that though she seems to think i look rugged and sexy at the moment in and old jumper, worn jeans, knackered trainers, covered in dripped paint and my toolbelt round my waist so it seems to be either i can take care of you financially or i can build you something that does it for my other half

I like a boy in uniform! Or a suit.

Some people like suits with say, the tie un-done or the shirt untucked, but it turns me on most to completely "ruin" this prim and proper man. ;D

Or a wet man... Mmmm... Wet nakedness.

I also love it when a guy goes around in just jeans and a necklace. There's something seriously sexy about that.

A lot of girls like a punky, rebellious look. Black leather jacket, big boots, piercings, scruffy hair.

Though I think generally girls are more sensually than visually appealed! -still drooling-