hysterectomy!help!

Brilliant advice there from Fun Louise .
I would just like to add that we left it a good few weeks after I got the all clear from the doctor at 8 weeks , to try anal again and although it didn't hurt I did feel a little uncomfortable and bruised ( I had a TAH and kept ovaries ) . Use plenty of lube and take it gently ,that goes for vaginal sex too .
It can take a bit of time before things start to feel the same again but they will ! Hormonally you might feel raring to go ...I did but had a little practice first on my own with clitoral stimulation as I was keen to know if everything was going to work again .....and finding out that it did was one of the best feelings I've ever had !
As for anal , just take slow and gentle especially since you've had a repair too . If I dosent feel right then stop and try another time .
Hope it all goes well ! :)

Thanks Fun Louise for the input, appreciate it.

Will defo check the lube stock, as that confirms what I'd expected may be the case early in if not longer term too.

I've had cystocele & rectocele repairs as well, so softer toys are defo a good option for early stages.
I am blessed with a caring & sensitive Plaything, so we can always find other fun ways to enjoy our time together if I need to slow things down a bit.
It's just a shame the sexual Rehab for folks going through such procedures is so poor and under-acknowledged. It was my bits that were defective- not my brain or sex drive!

Anyway, thanks again, much appreciated.

Hi WildFlower!
Your post made me chuckle as I have to echo your feelings on the first play front.
The relief of knowing that I could still orgasm was HUGE!
I'm defo planning to take things slow on the AS front, as the repair site is very obvious and I'm not sure how comfortable I will be mentally to put the area under pressure, but the Plaything & I both really enjoy it, so I'm sad to think it could be off the menu.

I think you have all kindly confirmed for me that there is hope, and I just have to listen to my body, with care and loving steps forward.
Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts & experiences. EOM600