I ordered a new power chair in February and I had to wait 6 months for it

I’m not the type of person who likes to go on at people but if it gets pushed back again I’ll be asking questions. Trouble is it’s not the chair place fault, it’s the manufacturers in Germany and I don’t speak German lol. But a reason why would be nice, most likely something to do with the war.

At the end of the day it is what it is and I can’t do anything about it. Just a shame that summer will be nearly over if I get it in mid July. I’ll be waiting for the call saying mid august next.

1 Like

Any news on your chair delivery @David1986H?

It must be due soon…bet you can’t wait.

The dealership phoned again on Monday to say that the chair hasn’t been shipped yet. She and her manager are now going to take it to the next level it sounds like and demand answers.

They don’t know weather it has been built or not, they are trying hard to get it here for mid July but if the manufacturer in Germany haven’t shipped or god for bid not even finished building it , it’s anyones guess.

I wasn’t going to update anyone seeing that nothing hasn’t really changed but I’m more than happy to let you and others know if I get asked :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

@David1986H

That’s shocking…I know you said you had your other chairs while your new one comes but what if you’d not?

Bet you’re well fed up.

Fingers crossed you get some sort of discount or refund as you’ve been so patient.

1 Like

Best of luck @David1986H , I hope the dealership contacts you soon with the news you’ve been waiting for. I also hope when your chair arrives it’s everything you want it to be.

2 Likes

Hopefully it’ll be worth the wait! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Funny you say that, I did have 2 chairs, one that I’ve brought myself in 2015 and one on motorbility but I sent that one back 2 weeks ago so we can get another vehicle on motorbility instead.

We said this to the lady who phoned on Monday, weather or not it’ll make a difference.

2 Likes

It better be after 5 months plus of waiting for it :joy:

I took it for a ride around the streets like I stole it back in February and loved it. It’s hard to find the right one as not all of them has everything I want.

I did post a pic of it but it was taken down as it wasn’t in the photo category :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Everything crossed for you @David1986H … Glad you’ve had a trial run :blush:

1 Like

The lovely lady at the chair dealership has phoned to ask if i would like to borrow the demo chair that I test drove in February until my custom chair arrives as Iv been waiting over 5 months now, of course I said yes so it will be arriving between 9-10am Thursday.

I should buy them flowers :bouquet: to say thank you for everything they have done, I don’t think any car dealership would just let you borrow a car until you’re new one arrives.

At least now I will have a chair to enjoy the rest of the summer with because my current chair has now developed an issue and the part could take months to arrive if I can get it at all as my current model is 10 years old.

3 Likes

Great news @David1986H

Bet you’re thrilled.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Best news Iv had this year lol.
Just a shame it’s not mine but they are doing everything they can.

Awwww that’s absolutely brilliant news David :upside_down_face:I’m so happy for you. You’ll be a whizz kid with a beaming smile soon :blush:.so glad the lady has done that for you :blush:

1 Like

Yeah but you can zoom around on this one and get to know how it goes and how to angle it…so when yours comes you’ll be able to get straight into it and fly through doors etc. without fear of scraping it.

Bet you can’t wait David.

2 Likes

Fantastic news @David1986H! Happy travels! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Good Luck with the chair today @David1986H

1 Like

Today’s the day :raised_hands:t2::manual_wheelchair::raised_hands:t2:
Hope all goes well David and you get out for a good wee adventure to show off your new wheels :blush:

1 Like

Hope all goes well today! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks @CurvyJilly @Amunique @WillC , awesome you guys remembered. Appreciate it :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

How did you get on yesterday David?