I think I'm done

I've been unhappy with a couple of things at lovehoney for a while. I used to have the impression of LH was a forward thinking company that really looked after their customers.

I used to shop with confidence knowing thee was a generous returns policy, now I have to read a myriad of reviews as it's much tighter and, much like insurance companies, they look for any reason not to accept the claim.

Their replies don't suggest they put the customer at the heart of what they do and so I feel I have no choice but to reluctantly leave.

Regards,

David

I don't know what you are unhappy about, but have you talked to Customer Services? They are generally very helpful and obliging.

I think some changes were made just before I joined but I haven't had any problems, and I have made returns.

At the end of the day, Lovehoney is a company which needs to make a profit.

If you are talking about the Happiness Promise, it is down to their discretion at the end of the day. I had one denied a while ago because I had already sent another back not long before which I can understand. They don't want people abusing it or taking the P. It did make me consider my purchases more carefully, but the vast majority of toys I've bought have been fine.

I haven't sent anything back in ages so I'm not sure what it's like now. Is it really more strict these days?

I've asked about sending a couple of toys back which were bought on offer - they just didn't do it for me. Both times Lovehoney suggested things which matched the offer price, not the full price, which I absolutely understand. The first time I kept the original item, the second time I swapped it for something much cheaper but more effective for me.

I've also had a very generous refund for something I didn't think worked properly.

I send back a lot of lingerie after trying it on over my own - but I think I keep just as much, if not more. The fit matters more and, unlike toys, lingerie can be resold.

In terms of toys I thnk carefully before I buy, as I have quite a collection! Lovehoney can't be expected to run a 'try it and see' scheme.

The returns policy seems fine to me, and as HunnyMonster says, they have to protect against people possibly playing the system (not suggesting anyone on the forum would).

David - what are you unhappy about and could Customer Services help?

I've also used the happiness promise before with no trouble and also returned something faulty, again no trouble at all. I personally think the happiness promise is a really great thing they offer - I dont think you'd get something like that many other places.

Have you tried talking to customer services as others have suggested? It's a shame if something isn't working for you but seems a bigger shame to try and not sort it.

Davidgmmafan wrote:

I've been unhappy with a couple of things at lovehoney for a while. I used to have the impression of LH was a forward thinking company that really looked after their customers.

I used to shop with confidence knowing thee was a generous returns policy, now I have to read a myriad of reviews as it's much tighter and, much like insurance companies, they look for any reason not to accept the claim.

Their replies don't suggest they put the customer at the heart of what they do and so I feel I have no choice but to reluctantly leave.

Regards,

David

Hmmm... I'm a happy customer. Returned 2 bottles of enhancement pills which I bought for hub 2 years ago without question being asked. Great customer service. Davidgmmafan, sort it with customer service. I'm sure your misunderstanding will be resolved.

I bought a cock ring with a ball divider. For the life of me, I could not get it to fit. My wife tried to fit it on me but failed. We thought we had fitted it but it didn’t divide my balls. I sent it back and was offered an alternative or my money back. No questions were asked, I just filled in the form.

I've used the Promise which I greatly appreciated.

Most companies won't even exchange a hairdryer claiming it's a personal care item and once the seal is broken that's it.

Lovehoney's great customer service (and their offers, of course) keep me an extremely loyal customer. I no longer even look elsewhere. My friend spends a LOT (even more than me!) on toys but hasn't used LH yet despite my constant nagging. She's had several toys I'd never seen before but hasn't had great experiences with them and then she's left with a useless toy and money wasted.

The Promise has been great for me, especially as sex toys can be so personal and despite tons of positive reviews, there'll always be something that doesn't work for a person.

We also get (I believe but never had to use) a one-year guarantee on everything. Even the bigger brands will only cover most of their toys for 3-6 months at the most (there are some exceptions that I've read about, but very few and only on very expensive item).

Maybe we could offer a second opinion on a specific issue that hasn't been resolved? Lovehoney has amazing returns.

This is the first time I'm experiencing an issue with them and I'm absolutely devastated because it's right ruined my birthday. I ordered a toy which was ridiculously underwhelming and cost me £119. I'm now being told that I can return it for a replacement no problem which is great, but the toy value can only be £71 so I'm losing around £50 of money and I'm genuinely livid. I'm disappointed in lovehoney for the first time since I first used them in 2012 and they just are being so unhelpful. The last thing I expected them to do was take my money! I've never had an issue, only ever one toy with faulty buttons which they replaced immediately and now they're taking the absolute mick and my birthday now has a downer on it. 😠

MissTerror wrote:

This is the first time I'm experiencing an issue with them and I'm absolutely devastated because it's right ruined my birthday. I ordered a toy which was ridiculously underwhelming and cost me £119. I'm now being told that I can return it for a replacement no problem which is great, but the toy value can only be £71 so I'm losing around £50 of money and I'm genuinely livid. I'm disappointed in lovehoney for the first time since I first used them in 2012 and they just are being so unhelpful. The last thing I expected them to do was take my money! I've never had an issue, only ever one toy with faulty buttons which they replaced immediately and now they're taking the absolute mick and my birthday now has a downer on it. 😠

That's odd. If you paid £119 then you should be able to get another £119 toy as a replacement. Did they give you a reason why they lowballed you?

T&Cs clearly say, "We will send you a replacement product up to the value of what you spent free of charge." So, unless you only paid £71 for it then I'm not sure what they're basing that number on?

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/promise-terms/

MissTerror wrote:

If you bundled a few things together to qualify for an offer or a discount, this might explain the difference. But the T&C's do say that a toy will be replaced for something the equivalent of the purchase price. Maybe it has since been reduced in the winter sale, but I would phone them up about it so that they can explain. They keep a record of what has been agreed via Live-Chat and email, too, so do get back to them to see what they can do.

Hope you get it sorted and that you otherwise had a good birthday.

To be honest, I'm not sure I understand it any more. I may have to stop promoting it so enthusiastically. So, if you bought a £100 toy using your Unlimited 25% discount, but then tried to Happiness Promise it you'd be capped at £75? Or would they let you reapply your Unlimited discount on the new toy so you avoided down-trading?

Ian Chimp wrote:

To be honest, I'm not sure I understand it any more. I may have to stop promoting it so enthusiastically. So, if you bought a £100 toy using your Unlimited 25% discount, but then tried to Happiness Promise it you'd be capped at £75? Or would they let you reapply your Unlimited discount on the new toy so you avoided down-trading?

I don't know if they cap it. That would be a shame and certainly worh asking about. It is generally lingerie which I return, because fit counts. But on the couple of occasions I have bought a Deal of the Day toy and combined it with other stuff and offers, when I have asked about returns it was quite a low price comparison. Probably proportionate to what I paid - I don't know. The first time (mantric ears) I just kept the toy. The second time (Desire pebble) I swapped for a much cheaper glass dildo which was on sale but I was happy with that. I'm not sure how customer services work it out. I've never felt short-changed. I was reimbursed in full for a toy I thought was faulty, and on the couple of occasions when things have broken they have been great.

I've used the Happiness Promise a couple of times, but I think that was back in 2018? They were brilliant with me both times, and I was really impressed with the whole thing. I know they updated the T&Cs a little while after that and I think that tightened it up a bit, but I've not used it since.

The no-quibbles, 365 day returns policy they had pre-2018 sounded fantastic. 🙂 Unfortunately it was before my time, but I'm still hoping they'll bring it back. 🤞🙂

Ian Chimp wrote:

I've used the Happiness Promise a couple of times, but I think that was back in 2018? They were brilliant with me both times, and I was really impressed with the whole thing. I know they updated the T&Cs a little while after that and I think that tightened it up a bit, but I've not used it since.

The no-quibbles, 365 day returns policy they had pre-2018 sounded fantastic. 🙂 Unfortunately it was before my time, but I'm still hoping they'll bring it back. 🤞🙂

It was fantastic! I used it a ton of times. It was great. I can see why they dropped it though.

MK7 wrote:

Ian Chimp wrote:

It was fantastic! I used it a ton of times. It was great. I can see why they dropped it though.

It sounds great, but it was probably open to misuse - people getting bored of toys etc. Might as well just have a hire service (eww!)

I think the Happiness Promise works well, but if you want a full refund after bundling things together you do have to return the whole lot, or pay full price for anything kept - that's my understanding...

@MissTerror - did you ever get this resolved?

MissTerror wrote:

This is the first time I'm experiencing an issue with them and I'm absolutely devastated because it's right ruined my birthday.

Maybe it's just me since I've spent quite a few years in retail and customer service based jobs, but isn't this a tad overdramatic? Reminds me of when i was told I had ruined someones Christmas because they couldn't get the item they wanted in time. I've had great toys and I have had a few which were just... meh. Not the end of the world. All about perspective.

I havent had an issue with them myself and i can understand if they did change the policy. People complaining that a toy "wasnt right for them" or "underwhelming" is totally different to something being faulty. Its not like they can sell the returned item on to another customer so they probably end up losing alot of money. Its not a try before you keep policy. I understand why people are upset but lovehoney is a business at the end of the day. Do your research people, read reviews, ask a friend or go to a shop and check the power of a toy before you commit.