If you could go back ?

Stuburns wrote:

Don't do acid at Blackpool illuminations

Or drayton manner park.

In the future there will be a thing called the National Lottery. I won't bother you with what this is, but don't play it until 12th October 2013 and then play with 5,12,21,26,33 and 45

Don't study Catering at college, don't work in the industry.

Study harder abd find something you enjoy and could work at

Draven wrote:

Id go back and try to give my youngerself the confidence i never had, that would echo down my entore life and i would be a totally different person.

But, i love my life as it is so it wouldnt be an automatic decision to go back. :)

I think I'd be the same. So many of my issues now stem from never developing natural self confidence. I'd tell my younger me that worrying sucks dry the well of positivity, and to just enjoy the ride. I'd make sure the 20yrs ago me still met my OH though. I only want those years back so I could share them with her all over again.

StHubbins wrote:

In the future there will be a thing called the National Lottery. I won't bother you with what this is, but don't play it until 12th October 2013 and then play with 5,12,21,26,33 and 45

Haha that would be nice :p

i would say that you need to trust a little less and understand that people sometimes are going to walk in walk over you and walk out and these people need no second chances oh and dont be to kind its a weakness and people use it against you

I'd go back 5 years, to when I was in college and thought I was madly in love with a cute foreign guy. And, I would tell myself to just cool it and step back to re-evaluate my feelings for him. I got my heart broken and the experience has still stuck with me to this day. If I could go back and talk to myself at that time, I would tell myself to stop living in the fantasy of what a relationship might be like with him and concentrate on my college work. Who knows, I might have ended up in a good uni course on my way to a better job & life than what I have at the minute...

Be careful with the alcohol...

A lot of the problems in my life have stemmed from 2 decisions - not to leave an abusive relationship sooner, and not to leave a job where my boss was a bully sooner. My life could have taken a very different path without those 2 decisions, although I without those 2 decisions, I probably wouldn't be with my current partner, so it is not all bad.

I'd go back to when I was 18 and say leave my cheating partner and dont waste my money on a brand new car. Hindsight is brilliant

I would tell myself to relax over some of the small stuff that has wound me up - there are bigger challenges ahead.

(And tell her that you love her first- it will stop lots of sarcastic point scoring comments over the next 14 years!)

If i could go back, it would be to 2006, and i would talk to my mum and friends and ask for help, instead, i felt alone unable to ask for help and essentially had a child with someone who was then physically, emotionanally and mentally abusive.

If i had felt able to speak to my family, i would have terminated the pregnancy, which would have ended the 'relationship'.

Also i would have learnt to be happy alone. Spent some time with my older two children before meeting someone else. But without those mistakes i wouldnt be the person i am today and i wouldnt have met the guy im with now, and i wouldnt be a mum to 4 beautiful children and a friend to my boyfriends 3 wonderful children. As nice as hindsight is if we changed the past the present and future wouldnt be as they are today.

Oh its a tough one.

Geebee

Its very strange !

to me this thread started as a rant about buying things that need chargers and adaptors and wishing the manufactures in their wisdom labelled them so when you have 10 or 15 of them sat in a box you could still tell which was for which toy,game or appliance !

it seems to have volved far beyond that now and I hope it continues ! and my post isnt the death bell on it !

there are some great replies

I was once told by a very good friend that when you make a choice at that time no matter what the out come it was the right choice for you with the information and emotions you had at the time .

But 20 years later that same friends sold his house closed his business and joined a religous sect!

and is now in a very worrying postion with hardly a friend left and refuses to have anything to do with the one that try to talk contact and help him

Please keep it going there are some great replies and I think some very crptic ones as well

I have often thought it would be good to go back and talk to my young self - especially back to the day on which, as one of the most spectacular 11 Plus failures, I entered the bottom form in a secondary modern school with my father's helpful comments about my being a total failure ringing loud in my ears.

On that day it would have been good to know that life would turn out wonderfully well - far better than I deserve for sure.

As for choices being the right ones at the time, I do have a thing about not regretting decisions or even the bad things that happened to me. I know that the most precious things to me - my wife, my children, what I do for a living, where we live - our survival even - are the product of all those good and bad things that have happened.

To wish even some trivial thing had been otherwise seems also to wish away all the good things of life as well.

I would say work less and play more and also be open and honest about my desires with partners much sooner rather than keeping thoughts and desires bottled up

His name is *(sirs name) and at this moment in time he's at this location.
Go find him.

lillithlibby wrote:

His name is *(sirs name) and at this moment in time he's at this location.
Go find him.

Ditto! I'd go back and say ditch the loser you're with, there is a much better man waiting for you.

But they do say everything happens for a reason and if we didn't do the things we did, we wouldn't be who we are today.