Memories

Have you ever considered all the things you've ever known that you no longer know?
This lead me to wonder if I could remember everything I've forgotten would I forget everything I know? Would my re-remembered memories be more useful than my newly forgotten memories?

Er - what was the question?

Little too philosophical for me on a Friday night Sub! #boggled

Sorry sub I need to sleep on this one

its almost life on mars

I think you forget some memories for a reason to make room for the better ones and if you could re remember them you would realise they were not worth re remembering or loosing the good memories for xxx

Ive got the song from cats in my head now!

mummymermaid wrote:

I think you forget some memories for a reason to make room for the better ones and if you could re remember them you would realise they were not worth re remembering or loosing the good memories for xxx

I'll go with this.....seems reasonable x

Terri JJ wrote:

mummymermaid wrote:

I'll go with this.....seems reasonable x

Me too . Gawd I thought I could be cryptic but that statement wins heads up .Just glad I havn't had a few drinks yet lol

Hm... what's up with you? :/ Everything ok?

era wrote:

Good question

era wrote:

Seconded, all okay?

I dont think you ever truly forget anyhting, it is just stored away and never re-visited, so assumed to be forgotten. If you had the ability to delve deep enough into your brain I bet all experiences could be brought back.

I wonder this a lot. Especially as I keep forgetting things these days!

I used to be good at English, but now I'm forgetting how to spell lots of things and my grammar seems to have taken a nose-dive, too.

Should I be worried?

Shadow Collector wrote:

era wrote:

Seconded, all okay?

Just thinking and sharing..!

Hi Sub

I'm with you now wow what a thought.
It took some time but I completely see what you think.

Told the better half not a chance of any conclusion or suggestion on the matter the words lock up and key were mentioned though

Just Jenson wrote:

I dont think you ever truly forget anyhting, it is just stored away and never re-visited, so assumed to be forgotten. If you had the ability to delve deep enough into your brain I bet all experiences could be brought back.

I think this is probably true. Some things can suddenly come back after a long time.

To confuse things further, there was a recent study that suggested that when you are remembering something, you are not actually remembering it, you are remembering the last time you remembered it....if that makes sense. Google "Northwestern How your memory rewrites the past" and you'll find it.

Interesting topic, Sub.

Minds are strange! How is that I can remember the landline phone number of someone I haven't spoken to or called in over 20 yrs, yet I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday?

For me I don't forget anything, which can be a blessing and a curse - lol :) x

Scorpius12 I completely understand what you mean. I repeatedly remember significant events and moments. More often it is a curse.

Scorpius12 wrote:

For me I don't forget anything, which can be a blessing and a curse - lol :) x

I envy you for this.