I'm starting to really hate people

I was texting my friend earlier and I asked him for his opinion on some tattoo designs and he said why do you bother asking me anyway, you never listen to what I suggest. And then I said he's being a complete dick and he always acts so bitter and rude towards some things I ask and I'm really starting to get fucking annoyed by it. And then he said to me, You call me bitter, but when you've lived alone and been on your own as long as I have, it would make sense. You get to do what you like, you got no bills to pay, admirers falling out of your pockets, and whenever you get money, you spend it. You are a frugal, obnoxious and unappreciative person. You're not really interested unless it's about you.

That really fucking hurt me for lots of reasons. One being that I'm far from any of those things because I always appreciate what I get. As a kid, I had nothing and everything was falling apart around me and there was nothing I could do about it. I used to get hit, sexually abused and I had to look after my little sister because my mum was too drunk to do anything, or she was just passed out in bed so I had to sort everything out for us.

Recently, my friend's cat died from someone putting poison in their garden and I was there for him every step of the way and tried my best to take his mind off it and help him feel better. If I'm so fucking selfish and obnoxious, would I even do that? No. I wouldn't.

I just try my best to be a better person and help people I know if they need it and be there for them, but it never seems to be good enough to some people. I've also always asked my friend how he is and if everything's ok. He says yeah he's great and that everything's fine. But then he comes out with all that bullshit and makes me feel like such a horrible person. I can't read minds and I can't help him if he doesn't even tell me the truth about his life. I'm so sick of this and I'm getting tired of people always making me feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Crikey's! That's full on.. This might sound like lunacy! but do you think he's mourning the cats loss? That was a lightening reaction to something so small ! Full of venom too which is why I had to ask.

I'm sure he knows what a lovely person you still are but is just struggling with his own baggage right now. It's always those that are close to us that feel the force of our anger! Maybe that's the case here, I'm not sure. Maybe some breathing room will make him see the light!

You know you're a good person, so don't let it eat you up!

Ozz wrote:

Crikey's! That's full on.. This might sound like lunacy! but do you think he's mourning the cats loss? That was a lightening reaction to something so small ! Full of venom too which is why I had to ask.

I'm sure he knows what a lovely person you still are but is just struggling with his own baggage right now. It's always those that are close to us that feel the force of our anger! Maybe that's the case here, I'm not sure. Maybe some breathing room will make him see the light!

You know you're a good person, so don't let it eat you up!

I mean my other friend, not my friend who lost his cat. Yeah I think my other friend is upset and angry about the way his life is but honestly, I could care less now. Talking to me the way he did isn't a good idea as I don't want anything to do with him anymore

I didn't do anything to make him lash out at me but whatever, people do that to me quite often

People can be very mean, and I apologise for my confusion. I'm extremley tired! It's good to vent and you're amongst good listeners. I'm sure when the dust settles he'll be kicking himself for lashing out at such a good friend!

Tldr but I hate people too. 👍

Ozz wrote:

People can be very mean, and I apologise for my confusion. I'm extremley tired! It's good to vent and you're amongst good listeners. I'm sure when the dust settles he'll be kicking himself for lashing out at such a good friend!

I doubt it, he's very prideful. He texted me 5 minutes ago saying, lol killed you with that one did I? Because I didn't reply to what he said to me. Jumped up little prick, I've had it

Kittycat102 wrote:

Ozz wrote:

I doubt it, he's very prideful. He texted me 5 minutes ago saying, lol killed you with that one did I? Because I didn't reply to what he said to me. Jumped up little prick, I've had it

Oh geez! I am sorry.

I know what it feels like today to have that hate feeling!!!!!

Ozz wrote:

Kittycat102 wrote:

Ozz wrote:

Oh geez! I am sorry.

I know what it feels like today to have that hate feeling!!!!!

What happened with your day?

Don't even go there, I'm fine.... that person isn't even worth it for me right now at this very minute! You calm down, you sound very stressed x

The only advice I can give you is don't let it sour who you are, just move on from it and learn.

I use to be exactly the same and still in a sense am. I like to be there for someone to rely on because in times of need I would like to think id have someone to do the same for me too. I use to break my back over pleasing/helping and being there but over time realised who was important to me.

Those people didn't deserve me worrying over them, try not to worry as hard as it is, and forget them because life is short x

Talk to me anytime x

Wildcherry wrote:

The only advice I can give you is don't let it sour who you are, just move on from it and learn.

I use to be exactly the same and still in a sense am. I like to be there for someone to rely on because in times of need I would like to think id have someone to do the same for me too. I use to break my back over pleasing/helping and being there but over time realised who was important to me.

Those people didn't deserve me worrying over them, try not to worry as hard as it is, and forget them because life is short x

Yeah, you're right. Thank you :)

Ozz wrote:

Talk to me anytime x

It's a pleasure talking to you hun, you can talk to me too so I don't mind if you need to

Kittycat102 wrote:

Ozz wrote:

Talk to me anytime x

It's a pleasure talking to you hun, you can talk to me too so I don't mind if you need to

XX

One piece of advice I was given a long time ago was to never be anyone's door mat. Don't stress and move on some people ain't worth it

Sometimes you need to walk away, you can only do so much for someone and be there despite being treated like shit. You've clearly tried to be there and help him when no one else has, perhaps yeah there's a lot going on in his mind and he only feels secure is to push people away because he's afraid of losing them anyway and it's his defense mechanism. But that's no excuse to be horrible towards you after everything you've done, they say you don't know what you have until it's gone, maybe this will be an eye opener for him and shock him into changing his way and getting help/support. Otherwise if you carry on that may be as if you're encouraging his behaviour and attitude which he needs to sort out. Thinking of you, chin up you've been there for him when others haven't xx

Don't hate people there just idiots you're better than that am sure don't give em time of day a have similar probs cos I am fond of .en I get all shit chin up

I just found this site today so hi all xxx

Some people can't appreciate a good friend it seems. Better off without him!

slayer01 wrote:

I just found this site today so hi all xxx

Hey, hi and sorry! We cover all topics here and most of the people are ace!

Don't think I've laughed so much as what I have these past few days, I've only been around a few weeks myself and have made some good friends x