Impact play and kidneys

I've done a forum search on this and I couldn't find anything on this, so I'm gonna ask.

I know that improper impact play can cause damage to your kidneys, but I don't really understand how it works. I'm guessing that it can cause internal bruising, which if extreme impedes kidney function due to them operation on a basis of osmosis and filtration?

My OH and I are no newbies to impact play, but due to his knackered wrist there have been a few misplaced and misjudged hits recently, mostly landing around the kidney region. Which incidentally, is where I've been experiencing aches and some sharp pain for about the same amount of time.
I can rule out UTIs and the like, having experienced those, and this isn't it.

Any explanation on how this works and occurs is appreciated, along with avoiding it (other than the obvious don't do it until my OH is in full control of his wrist again), coping with it, how long it tends to last, and possible treatments/solutions to the pain.

Many thanks x

Well wow I thought I was pretty knowledgeable about most kinks. Thankyou for broadening my horizons even further.

I am sorry I am unable to help you I hope one of our many other forum users maybe able too.

Just be safe in your enjoyment.

Gentle giant wrote:

Well wow I thought I was pretty knowledgeable about most kinks. Thankyou for broadening my horizons even further.

I am sorry I am unable to help you I hope one of our many other forum users maybe able too.

Just be safe in your enjoyment.

I'm not sure where I learnt about it, but it does kind of make sense. You learn something new every day c:

As much as I try to be safe, this may be purely coincidental. I suffer from a lot of unexplained random pains anyway, and it may just be paranoia connecting them with a few misplaced hits :')

A few exploratory questions...
What are the pains like? Intensity frequency description.
What were the misplaced hits made with?
Is there any external bruising?
How much other trauma is your body under atm?
Is the pain constant/ is there a trigger.
Have you been sick?
Are your eating or toileting habits affected?

I think you have to be hit pretty hard to get the kidneys and the pain would be very bad.

If the pain isn't too bad you may have bruised them a bit and the pain should go in a few days.

I think the main thing to be aware of is your urine colour, if it is cloudy, has obvious blood in it, or is tinged red/dark which is unusual for you, you should definitely get it checked out. Friend of mine has notoriously bad kidneys, she got kicked by a puppy a few days ago (shes a veterinary nurse) and it sent her to hospital peeing blood and in very obvious targeted pain. If it is especially more of a sharp pain than a dull ache. I get a lot of unexplained back pains i've occasionally worried was kidney related, if the pain travels at all, it is unlikely to be kidney damage.

VirginAngel wrote:

I think the main thing to be aware of is your urine colour, if it is cloudy, has obvious blood in it, or is tinged red/dark which is unusual for you, you should definitely get it checked out. Friend of mine has notoriously bad kidneys, she got kicked by a puppy a few days ago (shes a veterinary nurse) and it sent her to hospital peeing blood and in very obvious targeted pain. If it is especially more of a sharp pain than a dull ache. I get a lot of unexplained back pains i've occasionally worried was kidney related, if the pain travels at all, it is unlikely to be kidney damage.

Kicked by a puppy? That must have been a big dog :O

Sum Sub wrote:

A few exploratory questions...
What are the pains like? Intensity frequency description.
What were the misplaced hits made with?
Is there any external bruising?
How much other trauma is your body under atm?
Is the pain constant/ is there a trigger.
Have you been sick?
Are your eating or toileting habits affected?

General constant ache, some random sharp pains. Medium intensity (6/10)
Movement triggers more intense pain, localised to kidneys (7-8/10)
No external bruising.
My body is under no more trauma than usual. Which is a bit vague, but I really can't elaborate. I have some sort of undiagnosed chronic pain that has been stapled as ''stress'', so my general body pain level is high.

No vomiting or retching, no abnormal nausea. Eating and toileting seem as usual.
No evidence of blood in urine, or discoloration.

Implements used have been a crop and mid-weight flogger. We've stayed away from paddles lately.

Delilahxx, it's worth noting I'm pretty small and don't have a high body fat percentage/covering. It really isn't that far to my kidneys from the outside.
However, if it is looking like being bruising, it is only likely mild, as urinary processes are currently unaffected.

I have had many kidney impacts from playing rugby. Some so severe that taking a breath has been extremely painful. One such that hospitalised me. Just be careful guys.

Time for Dr Subs diagnosis...
I think you possibly have a slightly overstretched muscle from reacting to the misplaced impacts.

Sum Sub wrote:

Time for Dr Subs diagnosis...
I think you possibly have a slightly overstretched muscle from reacting to the misplaced impacts.

Tehe, Dr Sub c:
....distinctly possible. Thank you for potential diagnosis :)

As earlier stated, general pain and paranoia lead to this sort of over thinking. Going to try a gentle swim and steam room tomorrow as that usually helps alleviate muscle pains, and I'll keep you guys posted.

I think the reason the puppy did so much damage was she is currently suffering with yet another kidney stone as well as severe endometriosis, she's on a daily morphine prescription yet was still in agony, poor thing :(

Sounds very likely that you got caught in a delicate area, and the kidneys should be avoided completely with impact play. Always stick to the fleshy places and steer clear of the spine and other bony areas. Also good to remember that the spleen (which is very delicate) is just below the left breast, so treat this area with care too. Hope you feel better soon :) xx

Thank you Scorpius :)
I did not know that about the spleen, thank you for informing :)

We've been to several workshops/demo's and the kidney area is always brought up, and is one of the areas to avoid.

I've fell off a motorcycle in the past and bruised mine, and it aint the best of conditions to be in, I could hardly walk and was peeing the colour of black coffee.

Hi, just want to add to this:

I don't know anything about impact play but know a lot about kidney problems and generally if your kidneys aren't happy it will affect the rest of you...

If your wee isn't right colour def get it checked asap! (dark = not good), but if you got dull deep ache in your lower back then make sure you drink plenty fluids and keep an eye and avoid that area for time being..

Any nausea, vomiting etc, get checked asap...

:)

Also... can I be the total innocent here and ask..

What is 'impact play' ... ?

Seems the best place to ask these kind of Q's....

Thanks guys... :)

ApacheRose wrote:

Also... can I be the total innocent here and ask..

What is 'impact play' ... ?

Seems the best place to ask these kind of Q's....

Thanks guys... :)

Impact play is things like spanking, flogging, whipping blah blah blah.
Basically where anything makes *impact* on a persons skin.

This is why I suspected bruised kidneys: they're in the squishy bit, so if it's hit with excessive or misplaced force, the impact can cause bruising and unwanted pain.
Safely, impact play is hella fun!

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me :) x

And me too. Just got to the bottom of this! Hope you're all feeling better soon.