Intimate hair... yay or nay?

As someone in their early 20’s and at University, I have noticed that there is a constant pressure on young people to conform with unrealistic standards of beauty, especially in regards to body hair and its relation to sexual habits.

I am however asking the forum for their take on the matter and to get some insight into why this is an issue and if it relates to other generations?

Many thanks in advance,

7 Likes

I am also in my early 20s in Uni, and I have a lot of body hair (in my opinion)! I have very mild hirsutism, thanks to being part Cuban, but a lot of Hispanic women also have longer and darker body hair. I used to shave it off, but CBA anymore :rofl: I just do a general trim with a razor down yonder and for long hairs I use cuticle or mustache scissors to trim them up :woman_shrugging: I typically just completely shave my legs and armpits :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Though with the dark body hair the shave lines on my legs are insanely visible :rofl: My partner doesn’t care, he likes being reminded that I’m not 100% Caucasian :woman_shrugging: :rofl: I think if you find the right person it won’t matter, and you should only remove as much as you want :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Though after being on here a while it seems shaving your labia at least (or everything at most) is better for oral :blush:

8 Likes

Sometimes I shave, sometimes I don’t. It depends if I want to but most of the time I do feel better for removing it, especially if it’s been very bushy for a while :laughing: I feel more sensual without it, particularly when receiving oral.

My husband does not comment or give any indication of preference, he says it’s my choice. I don’t expect him to remove hair either.

5 Likes

Thanks! Yeah I personally do all over as I am not particularly hairy in general! However, I personally have never experienced pressure directly from a partner, unlike many of my friends where it has gotten to the point that their relationship ended over the fact she would not wax her arms! (she’s blonde btw)

Nice to know other people agree it should be that of the persons choice without external pressures :blush:

2 Likes

I personally would not allow someone to preform oral sex on myself if I did have any intimate hair… but its not necessarily because I have an issue with it, more the fact you are told you shouldn’t by peers…

My OH started shaving his shaft and I asked why, and he was like “don’t you want it smooth?” and I told him I could care less :rofl: He just does it now because he says it feels better :blush: Even when I haven’t shaved for a week he says I’m still pretty soft (I moisturize religiously) and doesn’t feel like he’s being poked by stubble so :woman_shrugging: :rofl: Exactly, everyone can do what they want and it’s only body hair for crying out loud :woman_facepalming: @Bi-gal What?! Ending a relationship over such a superficial thing :scream: Guess it shows immaturity or extreme vanity :sweat_smile: Also, my OH has given me oral when I haven’t trimmed in ages so :woman_shrugging: :rofl:

3 Likes

Hahah I think this has so far taught me to be far more brave and save on waxing costs! :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

3 Likes

I had this conversation with my son and husband yesterday and the fact that there seems to be untold pressure in shaving or not. I personally just like my hubby to stay neat and tidy and the same for him in regards to me. I’m 35 and he’s 53 so not sure if it’s cause we’re a bit older. My friend in his 20s says he doesn’t like going with anyone who’s not bald but it’s preference I suppose. Everyone to there own but I definitely wouldn’t be told what to do.

3 Likes

Over the last three winters we have both gone completely natural and we love it. However every spring the razor comes out and we both go smooth.

5 Likes

Thanks for your reply.

I really appreciate your opinion and was wanting to know if the same pressures do apply to people only slightly older (you’re still young!) I’m glad that you’re having these open and honest chats within your family, as I think going forwards your son would have a much more open mind to the topic. If only others were able to do the same then maybe this pressure would not be here at all?

2 Likes

I can’t blame you! With Covid lockdowns and poor weather, it’s the last thing I’ve wanted to do!

That’s Intresting to know, may I ask why that might be your preference? Is it regarding more what you find attractive or related to the more physical factors (e.g. oral sex) ??

1 Like

Really :sweat_smile: I guess to each their own :woman_shrugging: Honestly the only thing I expect shaved is the OH’s face, as his stubble has ripped skin of my face before so that’s my only shaving stipulation (honestly it was disgusting), but I don’t strictly enforce it or anything, he does it if he feels like it or not but knows it’s a safer bet to do it :rofl: But again, we shave if we want or not, it’s just hair (we both have very dark body hair and quite a bit) so :woman_shrugging: It’s just hair :rofl:

2 Likes

@rosiedosie Facial hair for me either has to be a short beard or none, not because of the way it looks just that the stubble gives me the ick senstation wise :nauseated_face: But again I’d never impose it on someone

2 Likes

Yeah, I think he looks cute with a short beard but it’s just not in the cards I guess :sweat_smile: His facial hair grows back almost instantly so sometimes it can be a bit much for him to be shaving everyday, or even twice, so sometimes he just lets it go for a few days and we just have to be careful (honestly it’s straight up sandpaper) :rofl:

1 Like

@rosiedosie Yeah you’re preaching to the choir on that one! My BF fortunately has got past that so short beard is where it will be staying :rofl: lucky to say my GF on the other hand does not have this issue

1 Like

I tend to have these conversations with anyone who will listen whether it be about hair, consent, pleasure etc. If I could be a sexual advocate for teens and upwards to any age then I would. I have had older colleagues ask me my opinion and advice on subjects that they think are taboo that they won’t even speak to their partners about. Sex and relationship talk should be so much more open. I just don’t understand why it isn’t :blush:

4 Likes

@Kh1985 Coming from a very conservative and religious family there was definitely some obstacles growing up. However, I have fortunately found like minded communities and friends who are open to discussion, however I have not met many people older than myself who are so open about sex and everything around it!

2 Likes

We’re definately out there lol!! I was lucky as I could ask my mum and step dad whatever I wanted and they would answer truthfully. My mum has passed away but I’ll still talk to my step dad about things as does my son.
It genuinely worries me that young people are ‘learning’ things from the Internet and hearsay from peers. Not only is alot of this information not correct, its also unsafe.

2 Likes

Yay