Inverted Nipples <> !!

Just a quick update.

I've had my NHS consultation and after all these years have 'tollerating' something I was embarrassed about, the consultant took a very brief look look and has now placed me on his NHS !!!! waiting list .

He explained the full operation which should take approx 30 mins and that was it.

To say I am over the moon is an understatement so to all those out there that are also 'aware' of their inverted nipples, I would certainly suggest a trip to your doctor. In my case, my own health authority didn't offer this type of surgery however on the off chance I asked my doctor to refer me to the next closest and bingo !

I too join the inverted nipple camp! I have one innie and one outie, and have for as long as i can remember. It bothered me for many years, but no longer fusses me at all.

I am lucky mine are outies but I regularly use the

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=9831

To add nipple rings to keep them perky longer, I find them comfortable and very erotic and sensuous, i dont know if these would help you in anyway, I tend to wear my rings everytime I go out now and the effect lasts for over 24 hours and makes me feel sexy.

Here some more piks on my blog;

http://midnight-boudoir.blogspot.com/2011/08/nipple-pump-kit.html

Hope these help, good luck.

Blondii

I hear that nipple suckers can help with inverted nipples and it may be something to try before operation. I have flat nipples and also thinking about trying it out.

I've known a couple of people like Red30, who have gone from inverted to everted after having them pierced.

Having them pierced is great fun, too, although I know it isn't for everyone :-)

It's one of those things. There's nothing wrong with inverted, but then there's nothing wrong with little things like that annoying you either and wanting to change them.

Mmmmmmm.....rather forward to it and I shall ask consultant for biggest nipples possible.

So wish I could take a before and after pic.

I am wondering. If you hve this done, in cse you want kids, will you be able to breast feed? I heard they cut the glands to let the nipple go out so basically you cannot. Which I think would be a reason for me never to have this done regarless of the estethics or not until I get much older so I know I will never get kids

Having inverted nipples is still possible to breast feeding. Baby was losing weight, that was my only priority therefore bottle was essential.

That stage of my life has passed I suppose.

I mean after the treatment to inverted nipples. I heard part of it is they cut the milk glands from the nipple so its no longer possible. I know you can breast feed with inverted nipples and there are some remedies which can help it, but if you have the nipples treated, its from what heard no longer possible. Did I hear it right? Just wondering.

As for baby not gaining weight, there coud be many reasons, not just inverted nipples. But not enough milk, not enough nutrisions for the baby etc.

Hmmmm... partner considers me as 'upper class'

Tbh, I just want door hangers regardless of class

Erh. I guess you dont know what my question is about then.

And the second remark was not that you did not have milk, you could and you could have the problems because of the inverted nipples, but there are many other reasons. My friend has normal nipples yet... She had to use bottle, as her milk was not nutricious enough and the baby started to loose weight.

Inverted nipples are nothing whatsoever to do with nututional values, it comes down to education.

Penny, I was asking if you have the operation to have inverted nipples treated so they are no longer inverted whether you loose ability to breast feed!!! As I read they cut the mik glands away from the nipples which helps the nipples to come out. I am wondering if this is true and not whether with inverted nipples you can breast feed. I meant after the treatment you are planning! I never said anything along the lines you just said, you are reading it wrong.

Not sure it I would be able to breastfeed after op. No mention of it was made and I have no desire to. I love having my nipps sucked though, its a massive turn on.

Penny wrote:

Forgive a mans ignorrance what does class have to do with anything?

crag630 wrote:

Penny wrote:

Forgive a mans ignorrance what does class have to do with anything?

In this context and with commas it may mean she produced a lot of milk after having a baby.

Penny, ok, thanks. I would think they would say anything. I know with breast operations there are risks like this. and this is something I came across somewhere but I thought someone who is going to go through the operation would know first hand, thats why I asked, out of curiosity.

I'm probably as crurious as you I suppose.

I am 38 C/D flat nippled however I suspect I have the potential to have large, prutenting nipples so its a case of and see.

Just a quick update.

A few weeks ago I underwent an operation to correct my inverted nipples.

Thankfully there was no cost involved as I was able to have the operation done for free on the NHS.

Altogether I had to wait approx 6 months from initial consultation with my Doctor to undergoing the operation.

Did it hurt ?

No. My nipples were sprayed firstly with a very cold spray that also numbed the area prior to injection.

How long did the operation take ?

The whole proceedure took less than 40 mins from start to finish.

Following the operation, I had to wear a dressing underneath my bra for 10 days. This allowed the nipple to evert without any extra pressure from clothes. I have a few small stitches and quite severe bruising however the operation clearly went well as I now have the most amazing sensitive nipples I could have wished for.

The size and shape are better than I could have expected ie the width of my thumb and approx 15 mm long.

Glad to hear the op went well and you are pleased with the results. Esp having the sensation back... looks like they did a great job!