Nipple piercing (female)

So.... thinking of getting it done but the OH will flip.

Him aside, I have my reservations.

Not about pain or cost, but about how practical they are. As a female, I wear a bra so I guess they're well protected and hidden but how often do you catch them on clothing or during daily tasks?

Regarding play - has the piercing changed the sensitivity of your nipple and has anyone got just one done - is there a difference between the two?

Males are welcome to answer.

Also, can anyone recommend (or not) between horizontal or vertical piercing?

Ms HKM wrote:

So.... thinking of getting it done but the OH will flip.

it depends what you mean by flip

If Mrs G got a pierced nipple I would be surprised but I I got a pierced nipple she would go balistic she hates piercings they make her feel sick.

OK I'm a male but I can tell you for absolute certainty its increased the sensitivity of my nipple ten fold. permanent nipple erection.

I have mine horizontal.

oh and as for catching, again I don't wear a bra but every day tasks is fine..just watch for people giving you a nipple cripple! The fun starts in the shower cuz I use one of them squeegy things or whatever they are..big net ruffled up into a ball? used in place of a sponge? anyway, very easy to catch it on that haha

I had my nipple pierced, unfortunatly I had to take it out as it never fully healed after over a year :( My boyfriend at the time didn't want me to but I thought fuck it it's my body so did it, and he got used to it and liked playing with it eventually. I didn't really catch it much during the day so that's not really a problem, although during sex the risks are increased! And it certainly made my nipple way more sesitive, but I have heard that for other people it decreases it, so I think that depends on the person.

I have both mine done. At first you may catch them a little (depends what you do workwise) and sometimes it smarts but they settle and are just like any other piercing.

I think sensitivity depends on the individual but I will say in general everyday life they are fine but when mine are played with, wow! it's like having a direct nerve to your clit-most enjoyable. So glad I had it done. Have mine horizontal btw.

Tturtle - I never thought of the shower experience!

Catastrophic - when you took yours out did your nipples return to normal sensitivity?

Bladebabe - that's exactly why I want mine done because my nipples are a sure fire way to get me going! Especially to submit!

has anyone tried these

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=9831

I had mine done (Horizontal), and to be honest i've caught mine loads of times, almost ripping it out on 2 occasions. TT is right about the shower cuz i use those net thingys and they are buggers for snaggin the bar, but even after all that i would still have it done again!

As for the OH, when i wanted mine done, he was all "no,no,no" so i told him to come with me and he ended up with his done too! lol,

In the end its your body , your choice. Life is too short, so Carpe Diem! xx

I have my left one pierced - horizontally and with a hoop rather than a bar - and I have had it for about ten years now. I absolutely love it, its a secret little kink that only I and the OH know about.

The nipple stays semi erect all the time and the slightest brush by the OH sends me nuts. I haven't ever caught it on anything, but this may be due to the fact I have a ring rather than a bar - I was advised by the piercer that this makes it much easier to clean and maintain while it is healing.

I would say go for it, I haven't regretted mine at all (and I am not overly pierced/tattooed either)

ED x

gunther wrote:

has anyone tried these

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=9831

yep theyre fun but the bands are a bit too small for me.

id like my nips peirced as well - just the courage to do it

Hi, :)

I had mine done (horizontal) about 9 years ago and have been pondering the idea of getting it re-done. I never found it caught on anything, it did heighten sensitivity and I loved showing it off (mainly in pubs and clubs!)

My ex had one and it made her nipple incredibly sensitive: even the slightest brush would send her mad (I found it really surprising at first, but it always made foreplay interesting). TBH, I prefer them unpierced.

ouch, i couldnt have mine done, oooh the pain, and id be frightenend of catching it when washing or in bed

it is a very painful piercing i think and iv had quite a few done, i had to take it out because it grew out a bit and now im left with a scar on my nipple. and often during having fun with a partner it would get pulled ouch!
theres loads of other and better things to get pierced that do 'cum' recommended x

Had my left one done horizontal about 13 years ago. Never given me any bother. I love it. Have a range of rings and bars. The rings sometime are obvious through my bra so I find the bars more subtle. I even took it out when I had kids then found it hadn't healed up so put it back three years later. I found it didn't really hurt but found my bra protected it lots. Only thing I would suggest is have it done by a real professional, check places out get recommendations. It will make all the difference and they can give you great advice and after care instructions.

i have some montgomery glands on my nipples and i'd be worried that my nips would be unsuitable because of those. I know i'll need to go to a peircer to have a definate answer but does anyone else have montgomery glands and a peircing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Areolar_glands

Ms HKM wrote:

Catastrophic - when you took yours out did your nipples return to normal sensitivity?

Yeah, as far as I can tell, the only diffrence is there is a tiny scar and if you look closely the nipple that I had pierced is a little bit bigger, but it really isn't noticable.

I have one nipple pierced. It was sensitive before and is much more sensitive since it's been pierced.

In the early days I caught it a few times. I have a bar in and it's pierced horizontal. I've had mine 4 years and would get it done again in a flash except for how painful it was when I got it done and I like pain.

I have one nipple pierced, Horizontal and self done with a piercing kit, it has luckily never given me any trouble at all but I'd still definitely recommend getting it done professionally. I keep a circular barbell in mine and find its great for never really catching, even if I'm absent minded when getting dressed or undressed, things will merely brush off it rather than catch on it.

The big downside is that you and you're partner need to keep away from playing with the nipple for a good while afterwards, nipples actually have quite a long healing period compared to other piercings, I only got the one pierced because I didn't fancy having both nipples off the menu for so long.