Is it too early to put up the Christmas tree?

Just yes or no and quick reason why, is it too early for the Christmas tree to go up?

We will start yes it’s bloody November!!!

2 Likes

Yes for me. Put it up this early and the magic has gone by mid-December

5 Likes

Far too early! I will be putting the exterior lights up on the front of my house at the weekend due to circumstances, but will not be switching them on until December!

3 Likes

Yes because I’m a grinch :joy:

3 Likes

Yes, way too early!!
We do ours in December, and with the prices of it all, I doubt they will be switched on :joy:

2 Likes

Yes……but we’ve just ordered a sexy Santa outfit each!!

7 Likes

No. It makes the place so much more pretty. Love walking around the neighbourhood to see all the lights.

1 Like

Yes, we put ours up a couple of weeks before, any longer and id get sick of seeing them.

2 Likes

No, I have seen houses fully decorated. Personally it a little too early for myself.

Yes, the magic will be gone by Christmas. Personally, ours goes up at the beginning of December for the start of advent but even that feels a little early (but it’s tradition and the kids love it so it will continue!)

That said, it does cheer me up to see the Christmas lights up when it gets dark so early so I may be a a bit of a hypocrite! Too early for the tree, not too early for lights :christmas_tree:

4 Likes

Mine is up :joy: but it’s very basic. My new kitten as already completely destroyed it and chewed my lights :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Never before the middle of December.

3 Likes

Our deadline is December for the grandkids sake but left to my wife it would be the week before Christmas.

2 Likes

Honestly I’m always just before Christmas eve!!! :grin: this was my family tradition. Typically doesn’t go down until epiphany and this is special to me. My family is from Finland, near the north pole and I wouldn’t have it any other way to be honest. Too early and the magic is gone. However it may be because I’m a lazy ass and always leave things to the last minute :laughing:. Christmas eve is our day and the next day is cozy, sleepy, relaxing and comforting :blush:

1 Like

No! If I’m going to spend ages decorating it you best believe it’s staying up for as long as possible :laughing:

Easy answer, yes it is :tired_face::joy:

People will be just leaving them up all year soon :joy:

1 Like

Looks like I’m the outlier, but absolutely NOT too early! :joy: got two youngins (1 and 3yo) so the longer it’s up, the more they get to love it. We’re lucky enough to have a two story front room, so I have a big 16-footer.

4 Likes

It depends where you are putting it up :joy::joy:

For me its too early, I haven’t put a tree up in a few years but if it makes you happy then take the joy anywhere you can get it :upside_down_face:

2 Likes