when do you put your Christmas decorations up

when do you put your Christmas decorations up ?

We'll most likely put them up around the 7th/8th December! When will you put yours up? X

1st is December because the kids annoy me from start of November begging to get them up

After my birthday which is the 13th otherwise my birthday becomes a joint Xmas. I hate that.

1st December! I CAN'T WAIT.

well im like a big kid, so as soon as we get into december, i will put them up ,but my boys would have me put them up now :) i think its a bit early for christmas decorations,i have seen a few houses near me with theirs up already,

Probably be weekend of 7th/8th December this year, but we're getting a new floor in the lounge so they might have to wait :-(

First of December can't wait.

12 days before Christmas and then they're taken down 12 days after Christmas! It's bad luck otherwise!

Well my mother and my gran always said it was bad luck, and when I got my own house and had my very first Christmas there I was so excited, and my mother told me NOT to put them up because it was bad luck but well I called her a crazy Irish fool lol and put them up, Never again will I put them up before the 12days. As I had a right ordeal, which involved a broken TV, a bashed up Christmas tree, a power cut due to a curtain pole that apparently was a flight risk. All within a few hours of putting up the tree. xx

FrozenAngel wrote:

12 days before Christmas and then they're taken down 12 days after Christmas! It's bad luck otherwise!

you share the same view as my partner, :)

LilMissMardyBum wrote:

FrozenAngel wrote:

you share the same view as my partner, :)

He's a smart man! The Christmas elves make bad luck mischeif otherwise [-x. And I don't need anymore bad luck I have enough, xx

I feel for you Stephanie. Isn't a birthday a more important event after all? By the way I now have 2 young children and the Xmas stuff goes up around the 5th:(

We put them up 12 days before but my OH is very excited lol He's like a big kid. :)

FrozenAngel wrote:

Well my mother and my gran always said it was bad luck, and when I got my own house and had my very first Christmas there I was so excited, and my mother told me NOT to put them up because it was bad luck but well I called her a crazy Irish fool lol and put them up, Never again will I put them up before the 12days. As I had a right ordeal, which involved a broken TV, a bashed up Christmas tree, a power cut due to a curtain pole that apparently was a flight risk. All within a few hours of putting up the tree. xx

We adopt the same policy for purposes of tradition/available time; not sure we'd want them up any sooner really. As for superstition — aren't you a scientist? It's highly improbable any of that resulted from putting the decorations up too soon; coincidence and misfortune often go hand in hand, just as imps (not Father Christmas' elves though) and mischief.

Decorations should come down at Epiphany anyway (if not, allegedly they're supposed to remain until Easter — the Pope/Archbishop of Cant. are explicit on this and get annoyed if you don't), though I'm sure any time aound then would be fine.

My birthday is the 15th so its always after that so that I actually get a birthday. But for the last few years we're lucky if the decorations go up before Christmas Eve. We just never get around to it. I'm definitely not as big into the decorations since I left home.

i don't bother with xmas decorations with the exception of a smallish metal/clear glass ornamental tree it's all i can manage it comes out 12 days before christmas and is put away 12 days after

1st December we go chop down our tree and decorate everything :) but I'll miss it all as I'm only back the 17th :((

blonde vixen13 wrote:

1st is December because the kids annoy me from start of November begging to get them up

1st for us, but in my case it's the wife annoying me throughout November!

As for the whole 12 days thing; I hate having xmas dec's up after boxing day; I usually pull them all down on New years day

About 10 to 12 days before Christmas. Love putting them up, hate taking them down.

We put them up as late as possible. Usually the week before Chirstmas and the come down a couple of days after. We have a cat who thinks that Christmas trees should be lying on the ground and not standing up. She also thinks that all Christmas decorations should be played with and chewed etc. She is a little madam. As she gets older we have hoped she would calm down but nop she is 10 now and still hyper as anything.