Is LH a den of sexual deviancy?

I’m just interested in increasing the sexual happiness of myself, my wife and anyone else I can. Being on here is changing our minds about things we might have considered deviant before and allowing us to do things that are indeed increasing our sexual happiness. It’s a process of learning, experimentation and escaping from inhibition. There’s a serious side to the whole field though - just how much can you increase sexual happiness, general happiness, enjoyment of life, energy, awareness, wakefulness - and what methods can be used to do this? Flirting and titillation may be very helpful to some people and, although straight, I’d now be very pleased to know that some gay man was masturbating over pictures of my ass - it’s not like they’re going to be stalking me in real life. If getting unwelcome attention on here I’d simply flag a post for “other” requesting the mod to tell that person not to reply to any more of my posts. The main problem I can see is that of people developing a fixation on someone else and becoming extremely frustrated and unhappy as a result, this is what really needs to be guarded against. My attitude is more that of great pleasure if I’m able to increase someone else’s sexual happiness, I’m glad to think they’re enjoying themselves that little bit more. I know I’m never going to meet them in real life and if it’s someone I’d have absolutely no chance with in the flesh that actually makes it even better. It’s all a matter of developing a positive mental attitude. :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I’m not sure everyone has read the OP. :slightly_smiling_face:

This wasn’t a topic about member’s proclivities, it was about how the forum presented itself to casual (or not so casual) observers.

It was one of @Peitho’s first topics back in the waybackwhen, and I imagine that her and Mr Peitho’s views may have evolved a bit since then (as she’s not deleted her account and dipped the laptop in acid :slightly_smiling_face:).

(@Peitho Sorry if I’ve dragged this to the forefront unwantedly. You’d seeded it with some Likes so I thought it was okay?)

1 Like

I think the forum is a very inclusive, positive place. I have noticed the odd new member get carried away, either with crude language or thinking it’s a dating site, not realising it’s not the kind of forum they think it is, but they quickly disappear once told the rules, or settle in nicely.

6 Likes

As it turns out, not great! I think the paranoia about it being a platform for flirtation and deviancy has gone, I certainly hope so anyway as that’s definitely not how I and I believe most users on the forum use it.

However, concerns about security and privacy are now raging. We very, very rarely fight but ended up in a blazing row last night over my profile bring public. Revealing photos, I can accept an issue with but I don’t see a problem with anything else here :woman_shrugging:t2:.

6 Likes

I do hope so…

I am so incredibly sorry. I have a horrible habit of putting both feet in it.

May I ask what his top concern is? The majority of the profile section is a summary of forum activity (most liked, most liked by, top topics, etc), and the personal stuff is self-filled in, so you can add/remove anything you like.

He didn’t think your email was visible to everyone did he? As that is only for you and Brenna.

Public or Hidden works absolutely fine on here. It makes some stuff marginally easier, but not enough to make it worth falling out about. :slightly_smiling_face: And my profile is Public if he wants to dive in and see what he can find out about me (and Mrs Chimp) to test it out?

3 Likes

I’m new to LH and the forum, I can honestly say it’s opened my eyes up to a world I haven’t explored and want to test the waters. It is giving me some good suggestions and advice when I read around the forum. I’ve made some good purchases. I’m glad that I’ve come across it and don’t feel that it’s anything bad. I’m embracing it.

4 Likes

Honestly as I’ve mentioned before I’m asexual and anything too overtly sexual tends to squick me out and honestly virtually all this forum is completely fine for me. There are a few more explicit threads but they’re clearly marked and are usually designed to be informative, definitely not for people to ‘perv over’. Honestly he can’t have looked at much of the forum if he thinks that, most of it is people trying to help each other or just have fun.

I’ve learned so much about healthy practices here (especially since i didn’t really do sex ed) and it’s better to know about stuff properly rather than from dubious sources like fiction. It’s also been so helpful even just having people to talk to, to know the issue isn’t just you or even just for company to play a game

I’m also anonymous for similar reasons to the people above, I’m chronically anxious and virtually no one in my life knows I’m asexual yet so i prefer having more neutral opinions.

Also regarding photos, most of them tend to be commenting on the lingerie or clothes and when it’s not it tends to be more for boosting the person’s confidence and promoting body positivity

6 Likes

What’s asexual - just not finding anything sexually exciting in any other person?

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not sexually attracted to anyone (there are subsets though including stuff like demisexual where you kind of have to bond emotionally 1st before any attraction can form). I’d say I’m even relatively sex repulsed compared to some, i can’t handle anything too realistic or explicit. I’ve only very recently discovered anything at all sexual I’m comfortable with and even then i can’t stand if it feels too realistic or like skin

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ve had phases where I wanted to be like that because it avoids all the frustration. Even better nowadays with all the toys available there is plenty to enjoy. :gift_heart:

I hope you and your partner manage to sort this out anyway, it’s awful when you’re fighting with the people important to you (especially when it’s about something you believe is fine). I don’t see a security issue either, i think this site uses a VPN for more security especially when paying and it literally doesn’t work unless you’re on wifi. And with virtually everything you choose what people can see, like for location i just put in my county rather than going more specific

2 Likes

My partner knows I post here but he did see one post (which got removed anyway) that was rather flirtatious towards me and got a bit upset and jealous.

1 Like

Partners of forum members should take a few minutes to read the “Welcome to the Lovehoney Forum” page and the Forum Rules before making any judgements on what this place is about.

Partners should also be aware that, in the rare event that somebody comes on here and starts saying stuff that makes another member feel uncomfortable, anyone here can flag that content for attention by the mods - and we do. Some flagging options remove the offending message from view until it is dealt with.

5 Likes

For what its worth, I dont think you put your foot in it. It seemed as though you were curious as to how things turned out and asked a question.

@Peitho sorry to hear the situation still isn’t great. I fully agree with you, I could accept if there was a problem with revealing photos but not sure what else. Has he fully grasped, people can only know about you, what you want them to know?

Sorry to hear you are arguing - I really hope things get better for you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Sorry, it’s been a manic day with no lunch and no time to catch up on here until just now.

Not your fault at all - You certainly have nothing to be sorry about! When the forum changed and topics you’ve created in the past popped up on your profile I enjoyed reading through this again.

I think his main concerns are due to the work he does and has done in the past (which I won’t go into) and are entirely security. His point was if I wasn’t happy posting everything I say and reviews I write all across my social media account for all friends and family to see then I shouldn’t be posting it anywhere.

He is not adverse to the products apparently just that people might find out. I am less concerned. I don’t really want my boss or some vague social acquaintance reading about my experiences with my latest dildo but my family and a few friends know I review my purchases and have had testers for Lovehoney. When buying stuff I find the reviews invaluable and I like to think my reviews help others in the same position.

Thanks everyone for your support and advice.

@Ian_Chimp I will definitely be quizzing later!

6 Likes

@Peitho you have a pseudonym, an avatar that doesn’t show your face, and a hidden profile. I can’t imagine how anyone you know would recognise you.

1 Like

Ah but you see @WillC the last few days my profile was not hidden… it revealed a background photograph I’d taken of wildlife, a bit of absolutely non identifying information, past posts and a link to reviews. All stuff that can be found elsewhere on the site but now in an easy to access convenient location. Meh :woman_shrugging:t2:.

2 Likes

I will say i think anyone who does manage to id you in real life will have to have been reading through a lot of the forum so is probably a member too and in no position to pass judgement

3 Likes

I agree with you in which case I would be happy to talk sex toys with them!

1 Like