Using the LH Forum with Partner

I am curious to know how many members here use this Forum together with their partners, if their partners don't participate directly but know, or they use without their partners knowlege?

In my particular case, at the moment my partner doesn't know I am on this forum. If she asked me, I would tell her but at the moment it is not something I would volunteer about.
If she WAS to participate, then I would be really happy about that, but it is rather unlikely.

I do not regard it as a form of cheating in any way whatsoever, as I see everything on here as virtual, and the only way I intend to convert that into reality is with her, so if anything our relationship will improve as a result of me using the forum and getting turned on by ideas and discussions.

What about you guys and girls?

Mine knows I'm on here but she's a technophobe & refuses to use a computer at all so it's very unlikely she'll ever participate on here directly. It's not cheating as she gets something out of me being on here too & like you my missus is the only person I'm going to be practicing with.

Mine doesn't know, and I don't think she'd be too happy really, even though it's pretty anonymous. She's happy with any purchases made though, and especially for any tips I can pick up so I doubt she'd complain too much!

yeah we use it together, hence the name but given work schedules etc. its usually a 80:20 split.

We have such different mind sets when it comes to writing, as evidenced by the last review, that l just don't think it would work, not against it in principle but the frivolity element l think would suffer a tad.

TB

My other half knows i'm on here, and both he and I purchase items from love honey, but only i post on the forums.

As far as im aware, he doesnt mind me posting on here, he's the type of person who would tell me if it bothered him though.

x x x

Hiya Morbidia, great to be adjacent !!

TB

Howdy TB *waves at you* ^_^

x x x

I don't have a partner at the minute but as I'm on a couple of forums, I'd probably mention it. If he had a problem, it would eb a problem. Like how the hell is this cheating??????

I would have been quite happy telling my girlfriend, but after asking for a bit of help (and I've got a couple more questions too!), and getting advice off people, I don't think she'd like the fact that I'd 'talked about her' to other people. She's a bit paranoid about anyone on the internet (although she's in about a hundred different wedding forums!), so I might not make a point of telling her. Hmmm, but if I do this is only going to get me in more trouble!

Mrs 'Bottle dosn't know I'm here, not for any reason other than she wasn't at home when I joined. Might keep it to myself cos I might need to ask advice on one or two things.

Bluebottle wrote:

Mrs 'Bottle dosn't know I'm here, not for any reason other than she wasn't at home when I joined. Might keep it to myself cos I might need to ask advice on one or two things. External Media

Good plan - I'd be lost without this site and I've only been here a week!

Jimbobaluba wrote:

Bluebottle wrote:

Mrs 'Bottle dosn't know I'm here, not for any reason other than she wasn't at home when I joined. Might keep it to myself cos I might need to ask advice on one or two things. External Media

Good plan - I'd be lost without this site and I've only been here a week!

I've not been here long and just reading though old threads has answered a few things for me

Jimbo, the way you describe your situation is quite similar to mine..... touch of paranoia about being "talked about" and being seen on the web. She won't go on Facebook 'just in case', although she is on other forums anyway but anonymously.

Bingo, a bit like something that worried me just after I first joined on here, where I remembered that anyone at all can read all this - you don't have to be a member. I actually started a thread to talk about this - Privacy of these forums, I think it was called, you will find it.

Other members persuaded me that if you are a bit careful not to mention too many details, it's unlikely anyone will identify who you are.

Basically I don't care much anyway, because I don't think anything much bad could happen to me - other people might need to be more careful though.

Hmm...interesting thread this!

Mrs Strapon knows I use it, but she hardly ever uses the internet so she doesn't really post on here much now. She's not over the moon that I'm on here quite a lot, but as long ass I respect her privacy regarding her details and also stay within certain boundaries when talking to people on the forum etc, then she's ok with it.

That kinda explains why I'm not on the photo blog to be honest...otherwise I'd be all over the place on that!

Obviously if it was an issue for her, then I'd no longer use the forum, but I would miss it!

What I meant to say, that is relevant to this thread: I don't have a partner right now, but I had started talking about previous partners and that was making me uneasy because I hadn't asked their permission. I stopped talking about previous partners so explicitly because I felt I didn't have the right to.

I am trying to get my other half to join, i'm sure he will at some point...

I read that post, Walrus, before I posted anything on here, and the answer you got was as I would have expected, but still reassuring.

I think it is totally important to respect others privacy and to prevent identification of others who may not be participating on the forum.

So intend to be 'vague' when it comes to any posts in that aspect and although I am on the Photoblog (as some of you will already have seen ) , will never be posting pics of my partner.

my hubby knows i go on here and he likes it

but he would never do anything like this himself again cos of the security thing but you just have to be careful what you say.

Plus he can only type with one finger so by the time he answered anyone they would have signed off