Is love enough?

Looking at your updates @MasterOfSexToys it seems like a real positive start after some honest chats and communication.

Give it a bit of time and see what the next couple bring. Keep the communication going and hopefully he will open up more. Sex is a huge part of our life’s especially if it is a prime focus currently in you head and can build up more frustration if you get mixed signals and hoping for something and then get knocked back down again. See what the next couple of days bring.

Just try not to put pressure on it as that can have a negative effect, but equally you don’t want to just slide right back to square one. Keep the open chats with him.

:crossed_fingers: it keeps on the right track, if you keep getting let down after promises or he makes excuses… you may need to consider that there is something deeper going on for him mentally / physically which he’s embarrassed about or trying to delay by making excuses. Again I would be honest if carries on in very supportive / reassuring way that you don’t want to add to pressures , that it’s ok and you just want to understand or for him to open up.

2 Likes

I think tonight i will ask about the mixed signals as its making me feel awkward and frustrated.

1 Like

Keep talking things out and feel free to vent here we will all support you best we can I’m sure ! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

2 Likes

We both fell asleep last night, we thought this will be the night, ive now gotten to the point im over trying to have sex, i feel like a sex pest at this rate :see_no_evil:

Our relationship is alot better as we both making effort, lots of kissing and cuddling which is what im wanting, i wanted sex so bad but ive woken up feeling over trying to make it happen.

I thought maybe get back into bed after school run but i feel like maybe put too much pressure on myself and him to have sex.
Its what i wanted now im about to get there im over it.

2 Likes

This must feel like torture for you ! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

It finally happened i got back into bed and we cuddled and went 0-100 real quick, it didnt feel special it felt more of a get it out system and over with.

Our cycle is on the rocks talk, we make up, cuddle and kiss, have intense sex then back to the shitty period. I don’t want it to get back to normal, hes taking me on a lunchtime date in a minute but i dont know how long this making the effort will last so im very hesitant and wondering are we forcing it.

Sorry for the daily rants!

EDIT: lunchtime date was lovely, holding hands, kissing and a walk after. Was nice to feel a connection again and was nice to have a chance to do something for us.

10 Likes

No need to apologise! I’m glad you enjoyed your lunch date :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’ve been stuck in the same cycle as you and still am to a certain extent. I don’t have all the answers as we are still trying to make things work. I think the reasons behind it are similar to yours - I struggle with my mental health and previously had vaginismus (sex was painful) and so I either didn’t want sex or I desperately did but then I regretted it because it hurt. My poor husband had to put up with years of not much sex or worse still, knowing that he hurt me. He still worries that he’s hurting me which is why he now isn’t interested in sex and he’s got used to going without so he doesn’t understand why I want sex so much. We are working on it but the main change has been me accepting that we aren’t going to go from no sex to daily sex overnight. At the moment we have sex about once or twice a month, sometimes only once every 2 months and I deal with my needs alone the rest of the time! I’ve found that, by giving him space and just being intimate in other ways, our relationship has improved and I’m hoping that the sex will follow.

4 Likes

I feel hopeful, especially after today, the effort is now ther on both parties.

We both agreed that we have never made time for us we have been on 5 dates now since getting together 6 yrs ago which is crazy! It was nice to just relax and get back that spark we had in the beginning.

I think again like you said it will be a slow burner with sex until we have gotten the rest back.

3 Likes

What started as a cuddle and talking session ended in a very wet situation, it felt amazing, this time i was on top, however im now feeling rather sore, do you think it is from where we haven’t in so long as i was sore yesterday too.

Communication, opening up and making time for each other seems to be working at the moment.

10 Likes

Amazing! Really pleased things are going well for you! Long may it continue :raised_hands:t2::blush:

1 Like

That’s great @MasterOfSexToys, I’m glad things have improved :hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Perhaps, I tend to spot bleed a bit after we have sex as I prefer him to go hard :sweat_smile: It didn’t use to be that way but has become more common now that we don’t have sex that often and perhaps it’s because it’s a bit more friction than toys give (as I never have an issue after using my toys) :woman_shrugging: :sweat_smile:

Me too, things are looking up :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope so we have booked a weekend away end of august in a little hut as a dirty weekend.

2 Likes

I haven’t bled but a little sore, i guess the quicker thrusts and hard ball slapping aswell has made me a little sensitive down there.

2 Likes

Been a week, since the last update, we haven’t had any intamacy this week but i have been super busy, im falling asleep at stupid o clock as so busy with work (i have my own business).
We had kisses and cuddles but not like last week. Bit disappointing but ive not been really awake half the time and not in the mood.

5 Likes

Perhaps time to invest in the relationship should be found if possible (I know not always possible ) then perhaps take the lead see what comes up as the saying goes ! :hugs:

1 Like

for me and my ex no for others yes totally depends on the individuals

1 Like

UPDATE

Since the last session i spoke about on her there hasn’t been anything, we have had a few days out together but then it goes back to madness and i feel the same neglect feeling i have.

Ive said to my partner many times who doesn’t feel like anything is wrong. I’m starting to question many things now.

Is it me? have we grown into being friends? is this what it gets like? is this normal? im so confused.

UPDATE, months on…… Our sexual relationship is back in track and our relationship is better than ever, im not going months for sex and having sex multiple times a week :crazy_face:

9 Likes